Wild West/Ghost Town

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
Ogrish

Wild West/Ghost Town

Post by Ogrish »

This is the mod i discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1696

I have started making the first wall of the first model, lol it took me 3 hours.
At this rate the models should be finished sometime in 2012.

So if anyone wants to help id appreciate it.
I have several pics of a small town that im basing the models off.

troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Wild West/Ghost Town

Post by troymac1ure »

Post the pics up. I'm not the best at modeling, but I'd try a building or two. Otherwise I know a couple people here who have that specialty.
I wouldn't worry about in depth skinning ATM as that can be done after. I'm guessing you're just using those as a reference idea.

Not my expertise and I might be totally wrong here, but it might be an idea to make the windows a separate object that can be reused in multiple buildings or other walls of the buildings.
I'm thinking of it from a programmers point of view where if you are doing something more than once, don't write two same pieces of code wen you can write one and call it multiple times. My thought would be the same for objects.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

So maybe have 5 or so complete buildings, and then take parts from each and mix them around so you can make a whole town without having to model every building by hand.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hmm, I wonder if Hammer can export obj... if so your in luck.
Gary

Post by Gary »

I can export dxf, which Misfit can open. Draw me out a map. And I'll make it. Don't worry about too much detail, it's easy to work with hammer.