Phantom v1

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
iBotPeaches

Phantom v1

Post by iBotPeaches »

After 2ish days of non-stop guess and check trying to get 90 mainmenu pictures, I failed. So now I have to cut my mappack of 90 maps into either 2 mappacks of 45 maps, or just trash one of the mappacks, and make 1 mappack of 75 maps.

I don't really want to make 2 mappacks, because the amount of halo 2 modders doesn't warrant 2 mappacks. I'd rather do just one with 75 maps, but I can't decide which maps to remove from my current list. I removed the 5 maps I put in from killtrocity v2, I removed some WIP ones and came up with this.

(The highlighted ones, are the ones I plan to remove)
Apktool Developer
CaptainPoopface

Re: Phantom v1

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I'm cool with removing those. Sorry you could not get 90 in one shot, but I think these are some good cuts.

Also, I recommend using the first dodgeball mod I released that takes place in the parking garage on Terminal. There were some SLC problems with the flash grenade, so I removed it later. Any of the subsequent dodgeball mods were better (Lobby, Mech Bay, Cairo - I have the patches if you need them).
iBotPeaches

Post by iBotPeaches »

For any people following this, I realized that no matter what its impossible to get a mainmenu above 50 slots. It just pushes data around, then your map reads the wrong offset and bitmaps in game are corrupted. So yes I sucessfully got 100 slots, with 90 bitmaps but it corrupted other maps.

I'm settling with it called "Phantom" with v1 and v2 (v1 is like A-Li, and v2 is (Li-Z)

to house the maps with all the mainmenu shots. The autopatcher cleanly puts both packs in separate folders. All mainmenu data is on an old mainmenu, so just need to skin a beautiful mainmenu, then copy over the first 45 bits of info then, do it again for v2 and I'm done.

ETA: Sunday
Apktool Developer
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

It is possible to have more than 50 slots, its a problem with the plugin / chunk cloner, cant remember made it but a menu with loads of slots was released.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
iBotPeaches

Post by iBotPeaches »

Yeah neodos made the 1000 mainmenu slot patch, however that doesn't work. Even without mainmenu shots, the instant I pass #50 it fails. Unless someone has a mappack with over 50 patches, or can explain the method used I couldn't get it.

neodos told me he had a modified matg plugin for making the changes, but he lost it over time. :(

Its all good though, 45 maps will allow people to fit it on discs, and 2 mappacks released together as one won't be too bad. The autopatcher makes it simpler.
Apktool Developer