Project Kiilomanjaro

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
neodos

Re: Project Kiilomanjaro

Post by neodos »

I modeled and made a texture with baked ambien occlusion of the blastamatic, its about 1400 tri

Though i use windows 7 and i couldn't install photoshop DDS exported/importer so someone has to save the texture to DDS and inject the model.

Here attached model and texture, which whoever wants will have to replace by the magnum model and inject, if you want PMI split all the triangles individualy.
Attachments
blastamatic.zip
(165.97 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
iBotPeaches

Post by iBotPeaches »

My mappack is called Phantom v1, and I was planning to release today but then I never finished the mainmenu last night thus throwing my time cycle off.

The autopatching is quite simple since serenity allows you to pass arguments as you start the program. Catch me on MSN or AIM and I'll just send you my full source.
Apktool Developer
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

neodos wrote:I modeled and made a texture with baked ambien occlusion of the blastamatic, its about 1400 tri

Though i use windows 7 and i couldn't install photoshop DDS exported/importer so someone has to save the texture to DDS and inject the model.

Here attached model and texture, which whoever wants will have to replace by the magnum model and inject, if you want PMI split all the triangles individualy.
Awesome!! Looks great. Can someone please PMI this in a map for me so I can extract it as a tag? I have never successfully injected a model and do not have Photoshop.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Well I believe the time to finally concede is upon us. With the holidays creeping ever closer, and time to work on mods dwindling down as well...... lets just call the map pack a bust! I am completely ok with everyone just releasing their material stand alone at this point. Everyone agree or not?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I should have my mods done by christmas, i have 4 days off this week and im working 12 hours aday on my latest mod. "pics coming soon" Gephrophobia will never be exactly what i wanted, but a release will be out by christmas.
CaptainPoopface

Arrrrgh.... The thing is, without some kind of deadline, people probably won't finish their maps, ever. I think we should still try to put it together. I don't think I can fix SLC for my Arson maps without some help, but I will still finish the mods that I had planned. I encourage everyone else to keep at it. It would be cool if we could finish the map pack and have a few Remnant gamers nights...
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Yeah it would be nice to have a few gamer nights before evryone jumps onto the hacked retail xex band wagon......but I'm afraid outside my SLC Entombed, WitchHunt, Alphagasgiant and Hq_1b.....none of my other mods will likely be done before the new year.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

this will prolly be my main menu pic from my most recent mod, it needs a name still,
area-51 and rosswell have been taken, and i think there was an abduction mod too.

Yes my mother ship is gemini's sky, :p. This is only 2 days work, so its got a ways to go.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I like the looks of that :shock:

It's too bad I didn't start learning all this earlier. I feel like I'm just starting to understand things and it's dying. Well, I'm sure I'll be playing around with things for a while to come still and hope others will too.
neodos

Post by neodos »

That looks great Ogrish!

Try to get a sky or fake sky around the "ship" thing.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Put a night time version of the coagulation sky with the gemini sky.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I played it today with a friend, it was fun, he didnt know there was no collision on the walls for 30 mins lol.

They will have collision i just havnt got there yet.

My custom weapons needs much work.

GAMEBALL
[PRESS TRIGGER TO RUSH]
"With the rushing speed and power of an NFL FULLBACK you rush towards any opponite for 10 yards getting you in close for the kill."

[PRESS B TO TACKLE]
If an opponite is just out of our reach do a tackle, knocking your opponant back.)

[HOLD TRIGGER TO CHARGE A THROW]

My Game ball does a sword cancel from just more then the swords distance, when trigger is pressed, but there is much time befor i can do a melea with B.

Pressing B does a sword lunge with the ball at less distance then the RUSH.

But there stil some bugs like weapons go auto fire when dropped and such, but ill fix em.

My throw has not been implimented yet, and i would like some help in setting it up.

I was thinking of giving a lift to the beam, and centering it on the field.
For my football gametype. (oddball variation)

The sky will be some random set of ideas that wake from my sleep causing me to get up and work on this map. Well thats how its been so, far 3 days and going.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Im having a problem with adding the sky, the stars show thru the mothership.

And i cant get my bipds to stop meleaing automaticllywith my Gameball, the trigger is set to normal and autofire is not checked anywhere.
CaptainPoopface

Just a few pictures to show people what I'm up to. Keep modding!

Building model by neodos:
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

You have some pretty cool ideas that translate well into mods poopy. I like the top 2 a lot and the bottom one looks like it'd be cool if I could play on it, maybe a little big.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

ill be ready to test a map or 3 on the 16 if all goes well, mabe even sooner.
Im looking for someone to help me with ideas, and opinions, based on the test, and maybe some help fixing a bug or two, if you'd like to help, please post here or PM me.

Edit: PMI dont work well for me so if you can pmi without problems and you know your way around the shader tag, i would love your help on the finishing touchs.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Working on the mainmenu skin for this mappack =)
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Just to let everyone know, Redemption Lake would be released by now, but of course didnt. This is what needs done...

-Player Spawns
-Building Collision
-Water
-Trees
-Time...

Nothing too much of a hassle, but these kind of things dont revolved around my modding capabilities... :(
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I'm done with classes until the middle of January, I should be more available. Just message me on skype or aim when you can.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Ok, well guys it was fun while it lasted. My xbox is now officially dead.....both stock hdd's and the 250gig I had in it. This has rendered me and my map testing useless and unfortunatly in a world of priorities.....new hdd for xbox is dead last. I will be releasing my content I had completed into the wild in a few days......unless someone else wnats to head up the project and finish my progress on the maps I had WIP. Good luck guys!
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Area 51 is almost done, and i have a few other mods near completion.
After thats done i can help, but i cant test SLC till i fix my network connections.
For some reason i cant connect to anyone using KAI or XBC on my kids wireless pc, and I havnt been able to afford a power supply for mine due to holidays.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

The sister map too Area 51 is almost done.
i started with the gemini sky but decided to go with a dusk sky instead.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

:shock: I like.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Unfortunaly cloning chunks kill my bipd regen so no shields or remade relink shields are my only option, im fine with no shields to have new swat maps.
I have and will be adding updated patch of my current project to Ogrish folder on the FTP server for testing.
My daughter board caught on fire! Today so for a while my xbox will be down. i have 3 unworking so i have some possible parts.
Hopefully i can get it all working again.

I will use the latest Entity and ONYX V1 to finish collision.
Entity is so much better to use now, thanx Troy.
And thanx Dark, you guys made/or fixed the Apps that keep me modding!
CaptainPoopface

Looking good, Ogrish. Twin, can you post your maps or upload to the server?