Project Kiilomanjaro

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
neodos

Re: Project Kiilomanjaro

Post by neodos »

Agree, all kind of mods imo, this is our mappack, we all bring our mod and our style :)
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

neodos wrote:Agree, all kind of mods imo, this is our mappack, we all bring our mod and our style :)
I couldn't agre more! This is exactly what I envisioned with the map pack. Mods done our way or the highway! We have a diverse and very interesting style in this group, and that is exactly what I want to showcase.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

im going to make a simple mod just for this, it wont be nothing special, but it will take place in a unplayed area on tombstone.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Dragonfire wrote:Great idea, but plz change the map pack name, i guess i could at least have Redemption lake done by Oct or so. :)
I'd love to see that.
I'm putting all my projects on hold until I get a new PC that can handle H2Core and runs Entity BSP viewer atleast at a framerate of 15 FPS (currently 1 FPS) or Grimdoomer releases Mutation.

I'm not retired, I just had to come back and finish one mod, just one.

I'm still in love with my signature /offtopic.
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Just wanted to get a feel for where the rest of the community stands with their contributes for the map pack. I personaly have finished one SLC map with 2 others near completion...probaly at about 89% each. I do have a couple solid maps from a few others. If it isn't too much trouble, please post back here the amount of mods and completion percentage of said mods. Just trying to guage the map packs overall target date for release. Thanks guys!
socrates

Post by socrates »

You got Tiers from me /wonders what you've done with it
Maze - probably 90% ..needs a map model and some good textures/fog and its done..
Racetrack - ..more of a neat idea... its not going anywhere soon.. not with me in school now..
Block Fort - ....well I really don't know I can't remember why I was at a standstill on it...
but yea..its collecting dust with the racetrack... even though the racetrack was decently playable... it was fun too
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Three Thrones - SLC and ready to go, but could use a little bit of play testing
Arsonist - 80% done. Weapons are made but need to be balanced and imported in the final map, then SLC fixed and play tested.
Ducky mod - I was planning to make my own bloc map, but it's such a pain in the ass, and community interest seems so low, that I think I'll just use a stock BSP. So I'll say 65% done.
Jetpack mod - Same deal on making a custom map, but I think I could take a shortcut on this one. We'll call it 30% done, and it would be pretty quick to finish.

I'd be happy to include mods from my back catalog as well.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

I redid Outpost. The map model is complete, though I may need to tweak some of it's textures.
I think I found a good object I can use for collision.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Ok guys quickie here for yah..... So as my sig implies, the next set of maps I will be releasing is called the "Entombed" series. A set of 3 egyptian tomb style atmospheres to raise hell on. Here are a few screens for the first 99% (1% for misc bitmaps)complete map, Entombed: Excavation. Looking for a little feed back on the images you see to get the overall community feeling on it.

The path not taken?
Pretty.........
No way am I goin up there.....
Energy sword.....meet Mr Scimitar!!!
Hmmmm....
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

I like the feel of the map...but something just seems out of place.. :?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Wow, its much darker then i remember, you should lighten it a bit just for the pics, but keep the release dark.

About my own contribution to this mappack:
Ive managed to compress and transfer some of my files, from my nearly dead pc, to my kids computer, so maybe ill be able to submit a map for this.
I just have to D/L modding tools and put up with 1/2 a gig of ram.
I will be taking my pc to be fixed if possible, in a couple weeks.
Course, i cant test the map files now, but maybe i can still make the release.
neodos

Post by neodos »

It looks good but it needs more color, give color to the lightmap or place some colored lights to contrast a bit, otherwise concrete looks a bit like fabric, but that's just halo 2.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

A Khopesh! You have my download! :o

That aren't a scimitar.
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Actually that is a scimitar. It is an ancient egyptian scimitar primarily used by the pharoahs army between 1420 and 1332 b.c., if memory serves me correctly. And yeah I guess the map does look kinda bland with the alabaster concrete, but I am tryin to match ancient tombs as accuratly as possible. But hank you guys for the feedback. Hopefully you will all enjoy playin the series as much as I am making it.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

heh, looks good. I guess i could add my Forest map to this mappack when it is done. In my map, Humans have found the secret to Plasma based weapons. Of course this is a new discovery, so more heat, more pain, and less battery life.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

Twinreaper wrote:Actually that is a scimitar.
No seriously, it isn't... Still, maps looks pretty awesome. The concrete floor looks like it fits in well, you should keep it. The glass floor confuses me a bit, lol.
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

Zieon Eslador wrote:
Twinreaper wrote:Actually that is a scimitar.
No seriously, it isn't... Still, maps looks pretty awesome. The concrete floor looks like it fits in well, you should keep it. The glass floor confuses me a bit, lol.

Look about halfway down this page at the Introduction To Metals :wink:
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Scroll thru the weapons till you se the scimitar. http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/weapons/index.html

Also, Yeah......I know the glass is still there, I still have a few bumps to make and other random bitmaps to replace. Haven't done the glass one yet, cause I'm havin trouble makin something that loks gooood and doesn't stick out to much. Contrary to popular belief......this egyptian theme is hard as hell!
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

I ninja'd you! :XD:
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

No seriously guys, that is not a scimitar, it's a khopesh.

This is a scimitar.

A scimitar is in fact a sword, a khopesh, (What you have modeled) is neither a sword, nor axe. Please, stop this foolishness and call it a khopesh, scimitars are overdone anyway. :roll:
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

So what? When you are the one doing the Egyptian style mods, then you can call it whatever you want. Until then.....just deal with it and enjoy the map once it's released. BTW...anything to contribute to the map pack yet....?
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Redemption Lake is still going...
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

Twinreaper wrote:So what? When you are the one doing the Egyptian style mods, then you can call it whatever you want. Until then.....just deal with it and enjoy the map once it's released. BTW...anything to contribute to the map pack yet....?
I love the map, it looks even more awesome than I thought you could pull off with an Egyptian theme. I'm just trying to fix an error, but as of that last post you're acting like an idiot for not admitting a mistake and I know you are NOT an idiot. Are you going to rename the Battle Rifle to Sniper Rifle and think it's completely fine since they both have scopes?
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

It's not hat I am trying to act like an idiot about it. I'm just running on little patience for shit atm...due to loud mouth neighbors that can't shut the fuck up and just people sleep. Sorry for the short temper about petty shit. Glad to hear I surpassed expectations with the theme though.....hopefully my next 2 maps in the series will do the same. Heres hopin!
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

This is why I love Remnant, everyone here is awesome.

I know what you mean about the neighbors, two years ago on a mission trip I got tired of two kids talking until 1 or so in the morning so I deflated their air mattresses and hid them in the ceiling tiles. On a serious note, try ear plugs, I had to settle for them the next year when there was a "No Mattress-Stealing" rule. They're more comfortable than they look.

I still need someone to motivate me to work on Contrition... I was hoping to get that into this map pack.