Halo 2 Map Team(H2MT) Recruitment

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
DarkShallFall

Re: Halo 2 Map Team(H2MT) Recruitment

Post by DarkShallFall »

list on main post.
Last edited by DarkShallFall on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I like it.

Looking foward to testing, after i finish some of my own projects.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Well, I didn't say I was going to for sure, but I guess I could do a little more h2 modding, at least I don't have to have a bunch of files to compile maps(unrelated to this or halo).

I could draw out some basic maps, see how people like them, if they do, I'll model them and see how it comes out.

Also,
The maps will not have any types of mods other then the newly created map.
Does this only count for weapons, vehicles, eta? As, I can mod lights, effects, and other aspects that would add to the atmosphere and look of the map?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Oh yeah. What Gary said. I want to make brute pop-up targets for my map. That's modding. Does that count?
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

Aumaan was right on this one, Bungie weapons, Bungie effects, (Unless it's scenery like a new smoke effect for a broken pipe or something) and Bungie vehicles. A brute pop-up target and a lightmap are parts of a map.

I'm assuming that what I think Dark meant is right, deal with it.
Last edited by Zieon Eslador on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Scenery is fine, light placement and effect placement on the maps is counted scenery. Custom bloc, and mach are fine. I ment things like custom weapons, vehicles, projectiles, and other stuff in the category.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

As for a concept map, I think a good challenge for the team would be a recreation of this Halo 3 map.

Seriously, I loved this map and I was told several times that if I had been able to forge it neatly it would have been a great map.
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

I don't really see this as a map pack atm, I think releasing map to map and after we are finished we can make a map pack.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

Only because it's you Dark, and you would do me the honor of helping with this awesome project, I shall install AIM! B4M Twinreaper, add it!
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

List updated and added to main post.
Gary

Post by Gary »

You guys are going for such relativity basic maps(besides zack), I am planning for something with more detail, atmosphere and scale(somewhat) .

Basic maps can be fun, no doubt about it, but I am just not a huge fan of them, though I enjoy playing them, they just don't have what I like to see in maps.

I don't want to spoil my map, so I'll wait till I get it all planed out and modeled.

What you need:
Photoshop (I can has GIMP)
3D Studio Max (o_O)
Onyx (Downloading...)
Entity (Which should I use?)
Debug Bios on Xbox (Mine is not working right...)
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

That map was just an example at first, then I started texturing it and I liked it. I'm going to start more detailed maps after.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Map packs? Let's not even discuss map packs. Especially since the maps are still in the idea and planning stages.

Don't spread your resources thin by working on multiple maps. By doing so your "drive" to complete it depletes and all those "ideas" die a slow death.
Which is why so many projects end up incomplete.

Focus on a single map, then when it's complete you will have even more motivation to move onto the next map.
If you, and you will, get tons of ideas, take the best one and work on that while you write down the other ideas to work on next.

That way you don't have your mind being raped by all those ideas. :lol: Seriously, write them ideas down. :wink:
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Dark, if I put together a decent concept map would I go off your no list?
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Gary

Post by Gary »

xxpenguinxx wrote:Dark, if I put together a decent concept map would I go off your no list?
I don't see why not, though it better be a damn good concept.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Cougar and I are freelance since I don't have an idea for a simple map.

This project looks very promising. :D
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

DemonicSandwich wrote:Cougar and I are freelance since I don't have an idea for a simple map.

Cougar wrote:Jackson and I are freelance since I don't have an idea for a simple map.

Jackson wrote:Drugs...
Cougar wrote:God damn it mutha' fucker.
Jzimmer09

Post by Jzimmer09 »

I can help out with textures if needed.
Skinning is my favorite part of modding.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Anyone left out, because there not on the A list is welcome on my Team.

Yep i would like to make a team, and compete under the same rules as Dark applied.

Maybe we can have 1 maybe 2 decent mappacks come out of this, (if Darks team can pull together more then one map) :p

If your interested contact me.
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Darkshallfall wrote: What you need:
Photoshop //Yes, I'm ok at it
3D Studio Max //Yes, but rarely use it
Onyx //Yes, but I haven't used it yet
Entity //Of course
Debug Bios on Xbox //Yes, capable of all debug functions
I have all of the requirements, but I can't say I'm in. I'll think about it once I finish my two maps I'm working on.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I would like to kill people inside of a Wal-Mart, equipped with a McDonalds and Starbucks.

Hint... Hint.*
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:I would like to kill people inside of a Wal-Mart, equipped with a McDonalds and Starbucks.

Hint... Hint.*
I got high one night and when i was bored I drew map concepts on paper, a grocery store was one, drivable shopping carts and shit.
here one of the concepts i drew. I redid it in photoshop,
socrates

Post by socrates »

I might be able to help in a few weeks to a month; when I get my new computer parts etc. and get it put together, I also plan to get a new xbox that might run debug.
God...I hope you don't hate/dislike me...seeing as I'm pretty sure you might vaguely know my name from a few topics here and there...
if you don't dislike me... don't put me on any list just yet, I do still need to get my shit in order..but if I can get all that, then I shall definitely help out
( I haz a job now so I am actually making progress to getting a new computer..)
[TT]

Post by [TT] »

Darkshallfall wrote: I got high one night and when i was bored I drew map concepts on paper, a grocery store was one, drivable shopping carts and shit.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4669/0006880182.png
here one of the concepts i drew. I redid it in photoshop,
Don't you just love the smudge tool. :D
[Contact Me]
[color=#008000]Grimdoomer[/color] wrote: Firts we need to have a purpose for this app
MATTMAN662

Post by MATTMAN662 »

A remake of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark Maps from N64 would be cool,I'm in the middle of making a remake of the "basement" map from goldeneye at the moment, I may need help with texturing when I'm done if anyone would be interested in helping me, at the moment I'm just using Onyx and then changing the textures of the blocs made in Onyx to make walls, I extracted the model from Goldeneye using the GE Editor that the people over at GEForever and Goldeneyevault and its affiliate sites made, and then resized it so that it was the proper size and then imported it into the map as a model and used that to make sure that I made an exact replica ,(the model imported from the GE Editor dosn't seem to show up right in game though, so I don't have a model for it except just changing the texures of the walls, floor etc. I made with Onyx and using those as the model as well, the model imported from the GE editor does show up properly in Entity 2.1's Visual Editor(which is an awsome program and saves alot of time) so thats how I can use the model to make an exact replica. Sorry if this seems run on and disorganized. But remakes of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark Maps from N64 would be awsome, if you guys would be interested in makking them.

P.S. Onyx is awsome, thanks DarkshallFall!