Halo 2 Map Team(H2MT) Recruitment

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
DarkShallFall

Halo 2 Map Team(H2MT) Recruitment

Post by DarkShallFall »

I've decided that I wanted to get a team together for building custom maps for Halo 2.

The process will start from a concept, from the concept modelers will take turns working on the map, during the creation of the model the texture artists will create various textures and different versions of the same texture with different colors and such, once the model is complete the modeler will then use the finished textures to Uv the model. After all of that is complete someone will inject the models(All mesh that has different shaders will be split into separate models) and textures into Onyx.map, after that the models will be placed and shaders will be created for the model. After the shaders are finish and linked to the mesh someone will do the collision using Onyx.

I hope to make a nice Map Pack for the people who still play Halo 2.

The maps will not have any types of mods other then the newly created map.

People needed:
1-Conception Artist
2-Modelers(not including myself)
2-Texture Artist(If you want to help and don't have much experience making textures but have you know your way around PS contact me via AIM and I will help you get into texturing)

What you need:
Photoshop
3D Studio Max
Onyx
Entity
Debug Bios on Xbox

My AIM is Dark5hallFall

Also Posted:http://www.halomods.com/forums/viewtopi ... 62&t=81233

List:

Yes:
NotZachary82
Zieon Eslador
Gjsdeath
Twinreaper

No:
xxpenguinxx
Click16

Beta Testers:
Anyone.
Last edited by DarkShallFall on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
OwnZ joO

Re: Halo 2 Map Team(H2MT) Recruitment

Post by OwnZ joO »

Darkshallfall wrote:The maps will not have any types of mods other then the newly created map.
:)
Gary

Post by Gary »

Darkshallfall wrote: The maps will not have any types of mods other then the newly created map.
You lost me there, I like mods with modifications other then the map it's self...

Though, I wish you good luck :D
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I would help with the models and textures but... I'm kind of blocked because you were too afraid click would contact you through my account.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

I can do modeling. Like I need to install 3Ds Max first :wink: I will get to it now...
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

xxpenguinxx wrote:I would help with the models and textures but... I'm kind of blocked because you were too afraid click would contact you through my account.
Click16 wrote:I can do modeling. Like I need to install 3Ds Max first :wink: I will get to it now...
I hate both of you so no deal.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Hehe.

Assuming I'm not hated...

If you need someone for testing, or anything unrelated to the modding portion, I'm free.
Similarly, I probably wouldn't join as the Conception Artist, but if you wanted ideas, I could think some up.

Good luck. I look forward to the results of this.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:Hehe.

Assuming I'm not hated...

If you need someone for testing, or anything unrelated to the modding portion, I'm free.
Similarly, I probably wouldn't join as the Conception Artist, but if you wanted ideas, I could think some up.

Good luck. I look forward to the results of this.
Anyone who cant help on the modding portion can beta, but I'm pretty sure there wont be much beta testing at first.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Texturer, Modeller, and stuffz. Freelance though: I had my fun with AM.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Well I just happen to be creating maps, by the way, (I FUCKEN LOVE YOU MAN!!!) Onyx is what i was waiting for.

I got a new hdd recently and got my rth workin, but i have a bad connection in some of the wires in my xbox, so some times it takes a while for me to mess with it be for i can get it working.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Darkshallfall wrote:
xxpenguinxx wrote:I would help with the models and textures but... I'm kind of blocked because you were too afraid click would contact you through my account.
Click16 wrote:I can do modeling. Like I need to install 3Ds Max first :wink: I will get to it now...
I hate both of you so no deal.
Do you have a shit list or something?

Anyway, I might beta, I like to see new things and I see very few custom maps...

You have any ideas for maps yet?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I can model. I'd happily join as long as I'm not on Dark's hate list.

But I think that weapon / vehicle mods should be aloud, unless you're trying to go for an original Halo 2 feel to it, though that seems more fitting to maps that actually have custom BSPs.

I just think additional mods to the maps would give this map pack more replay value, but whatever you want is fine. I'd like to have my The Pit in this pack, which includes HUD / weapon mods.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

Last time I checked I was in the "Ignore until in a good mood" section of Dark's list, but I would love to create some textures and whatnot, I've been wanting to for a while but don't feel like modeling anything to make them for. If Cougar doesn't beat me to it I'll help.
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

NotZachary82 wrote:But I think that weapon / vehicle mods should be aloud, unless you're trying to go for an original Halo 2 feel to it, though that seems more fitting to maps that actually have custom BSPs.
Yeah, you all seem to have the wrong idea of this.

At least from my point of view, this is supposed to be like a custom, stock, Halo map. The team isn't making a "mod." They're making a map. You mod a map.

Therefore, this is a map that you would mod and then release, on your own. They make the map. You make the mod, sorta' thing.
Twinreaper

Post by Twinreaper »

I don't think I've ever done anything to piss Dark off :hmm: So I would be glad to help out with modeling, textures, anything. I don't have AIM, and I don't really care to start using it. So if possible just PM or IM me. Oh, and that Onyx app is HAWT!
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

NotZachary82 wrote:I can model. I'd happily join as long as I'm not on Dark's hate list.
Your Good
Zieon Eslador wrote:Last time I checked I was in the "Ignore until in a good mood" section of Dark's list.
You too.

My list is just idiots that are idiots, also GJdeath mainly because I helped him on aim for a bit then he decided to talk shit on the forums.
Click is a complete idiot that annoys the ever living shit out of me, he also cant help but to ask the stupidest questions and bug me about the stupidest shit. Penguin is just as annoying and is Clicks friend.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:Yeah, you all seem to have the wrong idea of this.

At least from my point of view, this is supposed to be like a custom, stock, Halo map. The team isn't making a "mod." They're making a map. You mod a map.

Therefore, this is a map that you would mod and then release, on your own. They make the map. You make the mod, sorta' thing.
sht up aumaan, ur opinoin doesnt cuont.
Darkshallfall wrote:Your Good
w00t Image
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Heres a quick example map.
15 minute model.
Polys:697
Verts:632
All one mesh, that's how I like to keep it for Maps.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

That would actually be a somewhat playable map if the holes in the bottom of each base were lifts.
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
Gary

Post by Gary »

Darkshallfall wrote: he decided to talk shit on the forums..
I just said you acted immature at times, which you did, though, you don't seem to pick fights with everyone like you did, so I take what I said back.

Maybe I'll look into some of my older ideas for a map, I used to make models of my maps, though, they were just for reference.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I look forward to playing that map.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

Are you sure you need a team for this Dark?

You already make some of the best artificial maps...
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Cool.

Make a list of those who you accept.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Zieon Eslador wrote:That would actually be a somewhat playable map if the holes in the bottom of each base were lifts.
I would have 2 lifts and 2 ladders, opposite each other. Also some stuff on the ground for cover here and there. I'm sure whatever you do will be fine though.