Creators Club

Discuss your Halo 2 mod project here.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Creators Club

Post by JacksonCougar »

I was thinking of ways to help out those people who are still modding and came up with an idea:
Create a user group on Remnantmods for people who are actively working on a project for halo 2 modding.
This user group, and its members, could get access to private, and public, ftp directories on this server to store important modding files, beta releases, or other mod related data.
If you're interested in this idea, or are interested in expanding upon it, post and discuss here.
Zieon Eslador

Re: Creators Club

Post by Zieon Eslador »

I wouldn't mind this idea. Would it be temporary status for only while you are working on a mod?
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

This would come in handy... :D
Gary

Post by Gary »

I'm still semi-active, I have been helping people over the pass few days, but I've been doing it on my modding brake.
I have many projects to complete, so I'll be active again in 09'.
So I'll join if you would allow me.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I like the idea of this. When I would have beta testers try out a creation of mine, I would just ask the same people to test; I think this way we can get some nice criticism from the community without making a big public thread.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Im always coming up with cool and wacky ideas, and a half-ass way of pulling them off, lol ;)
Gary

Post by Gary »

We should have our own forum :D
A private/hidden one, much like the staff here have.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Sure, it's not a bad idea.

But I'd recommend some... "rules."

For instance, there are countless people who start a project, even make a thread for it, and then proceed to scrap the idea and stop working on it.
They then get a new idea... make a thread for it... and then scrap the idea... again.
And then they get an idea...

See a pattern?

Anyway, I'm not suggesting that everyone in the group has to release something new every couple months, but for those people who can't stick to an idea, they really don't belong.

I also see an issue with the way Gjsdeath put it.
Gjsdeath wrote:We should have our own forum :D
A private/hidden one, much like the staff here have.
What I see is someone who's supporting the idea solely because they want to be seen as "special." Sort of like, Recon. Everyone wants it, and you have to actually do something to get it. And those who have it are thought of as amazing, and they're seen as authoritative, and having a close connection with Bungie(or in this case, Jackson/Staff).

Basically, people want it because it makes them feel special and better than everyone else who isn't in it.

But if there's a compromise, or you can find a way around the crap, then I'd say go for it.
Gary

Post by Gary »

I didn't scrap any of mine, its just sometimes, I run into a bunch of problems such as black screens, maps failing to load, eta.
And there Very discouraging, and right now, I need to re-transfer all my maps, and re-download all my modding tools.
I'll do this after Christmas when I get a new computer.
What I see is someone who's supporting the idea solely because they want to be seen as "special."
Yes, I understand that, I do like to be seen as "special"(not in retarded way >_>), but that's not the only reason for me supporting this idea.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

If it has anything 'private' why not a sub-forum that only those in the club have posting privileges but is visible to everyone? Takes care of the specialty factor and the curiosity of everyone else. Though I don't like being able to see threads and not post in them...
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2