Excalibur 2.0 Source Code

Post here basically any programming material that will help other programmers out.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I have decided to release the source code for excalibur 2.0 so people can learn from it and/or use it and extend it. Instead of open sourcing it in the sense that the entity project did along with a lot of other halo modding apps have, I have released it under the terms of the Gnu General Public License(GPL). Basically it says that if you use it and modify it, it must stay open source. This basically means you can't just pick it up and slap a new GUI on it and keep the source code to yourself, you are not required to release the source code of any derivative works with the binaries I don't believe, but it must be available for people who ask for it(so releasing source with binaries is an easy way to accomplish that). If you have any questions to the terms of the GPL, I would either read through any of the README.txt files, or search for the wiki on the GPL.
Attachments
Excalibur 2.0.7z
(1000.44 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
XZodia
Staff

Re: Excalibur 2.0 Source Code

Post by XZodia »

Thats great...but what is it? A screenshot would be nice mb?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
OwnZ joO

Re: Excalibur 2.0 Source Code

Post by OwnZ joO »

It's the source code to Excalibur, the meta editor for halo 2 I released a while back. It has the code behind my CS plugin system that was similar to Anthony's. I just realized I released a version that I tinkered with to test something else, I don't even remember what I was messing with though. All of the code needed for map loading and a meta editor is there, it is just not a meta editor anymore. If anyone wants the meta editor version, they have my permission to decompile the exe file, as long as they use that source under the terms of the GPL.