Visual Studio is kind of laggy

Discuss anything programming related.
Zaid

Visual Studio is kind of laggy

Post by Zaid »

When ever I move my controls around I can paint with them if you know what I mean.
And also when I tray using a drop down it is all laggy and doesn't even show.
And I am just wondering how I can fix this?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Visual Studio is kind of laggy

Post by troymac1ure »

I'm assuming you're using 2010? I still run 2008 with no issues.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

troymac1ure wrote:I'm assuming you're using 2010? I still run 2008 with no issues.
Yeah 2010 but I have never had this issue.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

System specs? Have you changed anything recently on your computer or added anything new to Visual Studio? Does it do it all the time?

When I get that "painting" effect it's either the graphics card/driver or the program is not responding. I don't necessarily mean the program locked up, it could just be doing something in the background causing the main form to lag.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

xxpenguinxx wrote:System specs? Have you changed anything recently on your computer or added anything new to Visual Studio? Does it do it all the time?

When I get that "painting" effect it's either the graphics card/driver or the program is not responding. I don't necessarily mean the program locked up, it could just be doing something in the background causing the main form to lag.
I recently re formatted my computer.

Computer specs
Processor: Intel(R) Core i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80Ghz (8CPUs)
Memory: 12000Mb
Nvidia GeForce GTS 250
I have installed the latest version of my Graphics driver
No just started when I re formatted
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Never had this issue, back in the beta release of 2010 on windows 7 beta it would crash on me all the time and lock up, but I haven't had any problems since. I would download all updates to visual studio as well if you haven't(SP1 especially). What versions of .Net framework do you have installed?
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

OwnZ joO wrote:Never had this issue, back in the beta release of 2010 on windows 7 beta it would crash on me all the time and lock up, but I haven't had any problems since. I would download all updates to visual studio as well if you haven't(SP1 especially). What versions of .Net framework do you have installed?
Zaid

Post by Zaid »

Does anyone else have issues with there color dropdown in the properties window?
While scrolling down through all the colors it shows the same color for every color and I have to use the up and down arrows on the scroll bar to fix it.