Speech Recognition Engine

Discuss anything programming related.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Speech Recognition Engine

Post by Grimdoomer »

Well I wanted to play around with Speech Recognition to incorperate something like this into my new app Mutation. I wan't something that works well with peoples voices, Microsofts speech recognition software sucks as you have to scream at it, then it types random stuff. I'm looking for something that is free, or very cheap as I don't have much money. Any suggestions?
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
OwnZ joO

Re: Speech Recognition Engine

Post by OwnZ joO »

I suggest you make mutation without that first and then go back and add speech recognition as a fun project to add some cool features. It would just be a big pain and one more thing to worry about/learn.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

OwnZ joO wrote:I suggest you make mutation without that first and then go back and add speech recognition as a fun project to add some cool features. It would just be a big pain and one more thing to worry about/learn.
It can't be as annoying as DirectX.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Its a lot more annoying. I've looked into it before and there is nothing worth using and there is nothing free.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

[quote="xzodia"]Its a lot more annoying.quote]

I'll believe that when I do find its more annoying the DirectX.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Do it after.

Don't put the project on hold until you find an engine.
This should be a bonus feature that comes out weeks or months after the initial program does.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:Do it after.

Don't put the project on hold until you find an engine.
This should be a bonus feature that comes out weeks or months after the initial program does.
Well seeing as only xbox can really help me get maps loading, hes busy with work and what not plus I don't want to bug him, and I'm going on vacation for two weeks, don't except anything for a while. And this DirectX bullshit isn't helping at all :¬_¬: I tried getting in touch with Cluis but he didnt reply. And some of the other bullshit like Decorator or Partical raw never actually being researched, renering Bsp Trees in DirectX, and the stupid DirectX culling problems I'm having with models doesn't help either. So what am I doing at the moment? I've been trying to figure out how the fuck you render the collision boxes for a Bsp Tree the past two days, tried figuring out why my models would have a couple flipped faces the week before that. So what works right now? I have a cloth viewer that works, but how useful is that.