Multiple Maps

Discuss anything programming related.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Multiple Maps

Post by Grimdoomer »

Im making a app for Halo 2 Xbox and I need to have multiple maps open at once. I have a seperate class for everything ex Header, Index, Tags, StringID's ecy. Then I have them all link togather with a class called map, so I can quickly call to them ex Map.Header.MapName. But when I looked at Entity's source they have everything in one giant class. I dont want this for a cuple reason but mainly it is not neat. Im aiming for around 5 maps open at teh same time. I mean who would honestly have 5 maps open. So I really dont know how to start this. Can some one help?
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Multiple Maps

Post by JacksonCougar »

At times I will have 10+ maps open in Entity.
Prey

Multiple Maps

Post by Prey »

It's simple: You have your 'mapform' which is the form that appears when someone selects a map.. so just initialise an instance of your 'map' class inside it... that way each 'mapform' has a 'map' containing all the info related to the map opened on that form.
KIWIDOGGIE

Multiple Maps

Post by KIWIDOGGIE »

Also, If you can use a MDI container with the h2map.X being able to be used on diffrent threads; try that Because it should still handle what you want without interfearing with other threads. But be careful because threading is a bitch :P
99% Of the Xbox Scene are retards.
Xbox Scene wrote:All Hail Jester!
Grimdoomer
Admin

Multiple Maps

Post by Grimdoomer »

I know about the MDI containers and all, what I dont get is when I do something in map 2, whats gunna stop it from doing it in map 1? So my real question is where do I get the map number?
Prey

Multiple Maps

Post by Prey »

No definitely don't use threading for this..

Every map opened opened has it's own form, right? So just just put whatever is specific to that map, on the form. Like I said above..

In Entity's case, the maps were stored off in a list accessible from anywhere, and then the mapforms each contained the index at which their map was.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Multiple Maps

Post by Grimdoomer »

Ok I got it now thanks.
Supermodder911

Multiple Maps

Post by Supermodder911 »

Yea Prey's right. Thats another reason entity's Coding is crap.
Just put whatever you need in you map form and it will only be called by the form that calls it not the other mapform.
Chad Warden is Ballin'. No jk.