C# Is really fun!

Discuss anything programming related.
Click16

C# Is really fun!

Post by Click16 »

I have been coding for a Halo 2 Program. It's going to be a bitmap editor, meta editor, and just able to swap different things with an identity view. (as seen in entity) I am using C# and let me tell you, C# is very easy after you get over the fact that some easy code will take more steps, but it is by far easier to understand. I can actually READ the code and understand it. Anyway, it is called Index, as in the Halo 2 Index. I made a Microsoft Office looking icon for it. I don't know why but i thought it fit it well as an icon. Penguin has the icon at his house, i made it there and i didn't grab it with my flash drive, but whatever. So if you would penguin, send it to me on AIM or host it here. i don't care.

Here is a picture of the application so far. I don't know how to make a meta editor or "view" parts of a specific tag. I just know how to load the map's tags into the tree view.

Eaton

Re: C# Is really fun!

Post by Eaton »

Fast learner.

Meta Editor: Learn the format of the Halo 2 plugins and learn how to parse them. They are basically XML files. Then you would use the XmlTextReader to read the plugins.