If Anyone Would Beable To Get Me Updated

Discuss anything programming related.
[TT]

If Anyone Would Beable To Get Me Updated

Post by [TT] »

I took a programing class for VB and got a D as for C++ i got a B, Funny to say but visual basic to me was pretty fun As hell because you can make a interface as for C++ its a cmd prompt with characters on it.

If someone would be so kindly to walk me through some of the codes and projects possibly have time on there hands and probably have some good knowledge of how C++ works as it may increase my interest to get into halo 2 modding and how it works as I've been a Huge fan of halo 1 & 2. Thanks in advance for those who answered. I'll see if i can get a time right to find out what would be the best time to archive this request.
[Contact Me]
[color=#008000]Grimdoomer[/color] wrote: Firts we need to have a purpose for this app
Eaton

Re: If Anyone Would Beable To Get Me Updated

Post by Eaton »

Almost all Halo related programs are coded in C#.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

XBox7887 wrote a C++ resigner, so I'd suggest looking at that.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Just learn C#. It's close enough to C++ that you should be able to understand the code, it's just that jump to windows that is the hardest. M$ offers Visual Studio Express for free on their site, which inclused Visual C#.
As Eaton stated most H2 apps are programmed in C# so there is lots of code out there to study and the Visual C# IDE is very friendly to use.
[TT]

Post by [TT] »

Is the C++ resigner useful like very well designed or is it a beta application that is still in the works if it is then im mise will just learn C#
[Contact Me]
[color=#008000]Grimdoomer[/color] wrote: Firts we need to have a purpose for this app
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Well its not beta...it resigns maps...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
[TT]

Post by [TT] »

Sorry i mistaken what you had said, I though you meant a resigner for like changing C++ to C# or some BS Rofl. Ya ill check it out.
[Contact Me]
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

If you really like C++ then you could use Visual C++. It would be like visual basic(which I'm guessing is what you used in the class) except you would write the code using C++ instead of basic. But like everyone is saying, C# is the most commonly used and there is good C# code out there.