Discuss any improvements, or add-ons, that you would like to see implemented into the forums.
Remnant Samurai

Post by Remnant Samurai »

I was wondering if it was possible to have an avatar index like when you first sign up here you have to choose an avatar you could put in your own or have like a collection of them do you know what i mean?
Gary

Re: Avatar Index

Post by Gary »

You can choose a avatar from the Gallery,
all you can really do is make a other sub-album called "Avatars".
Unless you can write/know PHP and know how phpbb3 works, so you could mod the user and Gallery PHP scripts...
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

phpbb3 should have an Avatar Gallery available ;)
Gary

Post by Gary »

Dragonfire wrote:phpbb3 should have an Avatar Gallery available ;)
There may be a phpbb mod that can do it, but alot of the time mods dont like new skins/styles/image sets or even newer ver of phpbb, like if its a mod for phpbb2 it may work on phpbb3, but it also may not.
i can install most mods, but i've seen where one mod can screw a bunch of stuff up, and i find it harder to uninstall mods, then installing them in the first place.

[EDIT]
Found one.... its not for this ver, it may work like i said, but i'll keep looking
MOD Robot wrote: [2.0.19] View Avatar Gallery

Postby MOD Robot on Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:36 am
MOD Name: View Avatar Gallery
Author: Azharh
MOD Description: This MOD allows users to view the avatars gallery via a link in the overall_header, without any relation with their profile. They can also choose their avatar directly in this gallery, without editing their whole profile (Option in the ACP Config board).

MOD Version: 1.2.4 (Updated 01/06/06)

Download File: View_Avatar_Gallery_v1.2.4.zip
mods overview page: View
File Size: 20199 Bytes

Security Score: 0

Support for this MOD needs to be asked within this topic. The phpBB Teams are not responsible or required to give anyone support for this MOD. By installing this MOD, the phpBB Support Team or phpBB MODifications Team may not be able to provide support.

This MOD has only been tested by the phpBB MOD Team with the phpBB version in the topic title. It may not work in any other versions of phpBB.