RemnantMods Upgrade

The latest news (if relevant) can be found here.
Grimdoomer
Admin

RemnantMods Upgrade

Post by Grimdoomer »

RemnantMods has now been moved over to the new web provider and received some much needed upgrades. As you may have noticed we now have working SSL! I have also routed all traffic through CloudFlare for some extra protection, and made sure all web traffic is encrypted end-to-end. On top of this I have also updated the PhpBB install to a more recent version.

You may have also noticed that the front page has changed. As I was restoring the site I ran into many issues trying to get the old custom landing page working again. For the time being I have decided to scrap it and instead use some existing phpbb extensions to create a static page that shows the recent announcements. In time I will look into spicing it up a bit but for now this should be fine.

There may still be a few issues with the site. If you happen to notice anything like emoticons not working, images not loading, or broken file attachments, please send me a message and report it so I can fix the issues.

Some things to look out for in the coming weeks:
  • I have obtained a database backup for halomods and I'm working to get this setup again. I was also able to recover some ~9000 files that were uploaded to the website, along with a lot of images for tutorials, and the emblems (the most important part hehe). I still have a lot of work to do to get everything relinked into the forum as well as scrape anything else I can out of the wayback archives
  • I scraped all of the Bungie publications from Bungie.net and will be setting up a page where you can download these
  • A few people over at r/datahoarders have been scraping all of the halo game stats that are also on Bungie.net. Once they are done I will work to acquire a copy of the data for Halo 2 and make that accessible from the site
  • I'd like to build an archive of tools/mods/info that we've collected over the years that is a bit more accessible than just browsing through the forums
I hope everyone is doing well in 2021, cheers
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Eaton

Re: RemnantMods Upgrade

Post by Eaton »

Nice to see you're still around, Grim.
Your efforts here are very much appreciated!

It appears when posting, the smilies panel on the right side contain broken images. Might want to check that.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Very snappy; like this. I could whip up a new landing page in something more modern if anyone misses it but I ain't ever touching php again.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Eaton wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:38 pm Nice to see you're still around, Grim.
Your efforts here are very much appreciated!

It appears when posting, the smilies panel on the right side contain broken images. Might want to check that.
Good catch, should be fixed: :cougar: :e_o: :rub: :hmm: :hmm2: :whogaf:
Eaton

Post by Eaton »

Xbox LIVE Settings in the User CP fails with 500: ucp.php?i=ucp_prefs&mode=xbl
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Looks like there was a page missing from an old add-on. I disabled it, should we start getting regular activity again I can re-install it.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Holy Crap! :shock:
I haven't checked in here for a while but it's good to see new activity. Thanks Grim for the work you've put in.
Also, it's great to hear from Eaton & Jackson too!
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

hey troy, not sure if you're aware but we have discord now: https://discord.gg/T8zFRn3T
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
JonathanX95

Post by JonathanX95 »

XZodia wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:50 pm hey troy, not sure if you're aware but we have discord now: https://discord.gg/T8zFRn3T
Hey, could you possibly post a new link to the Discord? I wanna hop in there :D