To begin with, there is no excuse for not reading the rules.
These apply to all forum sections unless otherwise stated by the rules of each individual forum.
- 1) DO NOT Flame, or create flame bait (messages with the intent to offend or anger another person).
If you want to rant on about someone or something, take it to the Cafe or to Private messages.
- 2) "Profanity" is allowed for 'emphasis' of a statement.
Emphasis: Special forcefulness of expression that gives importance to something singled out.
Example: "Thats fucking insane!" as compared to "Thats insane!"
Do not overuse profanity, show some maturity when using it. It runs alongside of rule 1.
- 3) DO NOT post any copyrighted material. This includes any files form game disks and Halo map files.
DO NOT post, discuss, or advertise about leaked content since such content is most likely copyrighted.
DO NOT discuss any way of acquiring such content illegally.
DO NOT put such content in your signatures or avatars.
*The administrators reserve the right to wave this rule for certain things. ~DS*
- 4) Do not discuss, ask for, help in obtaining, or admit to things that are illegal.
(application keygens, drugs, etc...)
- 5) Don't overuse emoticons. We know you're happy or pissed off, but filling a post with 4+ lines of emoticons is asinine.
Asinine: Utterly stupid or silly.
In the end, you only look like an idiot.
- 6) DO NOT rip content from other people’s work without proper credit AND permission for use.
Many of the staff have been victims of such and will not display mercy if you rip other poeples work.
- 7) DO NOT post inappropriate content. This includes pornography, gore, etc.
- 8) DO NOT make unwarranted contact with any member. If they ask you to stop PMing or emailing them, you need to stop. Don't continue to harass them.
- 9) Stay on-topic (try not to stray from the main topic of the thread in your posts)
If you have an issue with another member, don't fight it out in the topic.
Take the fight to the Cafe or PMs. (see rule 1)
- 10) Decompiling applications is not allowed. We don't care if the application isn't protected, or whatever argument you may make.
Nobody has permission to decompile another member's application for any reason, especially to steal the work or gain unauthorized access. (see Rule 6)
Anyone doing so will be swiftly punished. This behavior is absolutely unacceptable. Just because you can do something, does not mean you should.
We don't care if it's not illegal, we don't care if you're only doing it for personal use. Get permission or, in the event that the source is public, use the public code.
- 11) Avoid making topics or posts relating to Politics, Race, or Religion. It does NOT matter what your intentions are, it will most likely escalate to a flame war within the first couple of posts.
Just keep your Political/Religious/Racial thoughts and ideas to yourself.
- 12) Do not bump old topics unless you have something important or relevant to add to the topic. (Old topics are ones with replys older than a year.)
Do not make offtopic and/or utterly asinine or annoying posts. Add something to the thread.
Make sure to check the set of rules in each forum.