Transfer Animations between [jmad] Tags

Post your tutorials here, and if decided so, they will be moved to the 'Tutorials' forum.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Transfer Animations between [jmad] Tags

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Animation Transfer
In this video I will show you how to transfer animations between first person [jmad] tags.
Of course the methods shown don't apply to just that animation or to just first person [jmad] tags.
These methods can be used for other animations in the first person [jmads] as well as transfer of animations between the main [jmad]s of a character bipd.

Items: If you have questions, please ask.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Dragonfire

Re: Transfer Animations between [jmad] Tags

Post by Dragonfire »

Could you possibly put the tutorial vid up on youtube to view? ;)
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

So doing this I can make the smg reload like a magnum or br? I don't mean the clip movement.

And how did you get your vid cap to look so detailed? My vidcaps look like a corrupted bitmap half the time.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Dragonfire wrote:Could you possibly put the tutorial vid up on youtube to view? ;)
no.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

xxpenguinxx wrote:So doing this I can make the smg reload like a magnum or br? I don't mean the clip movement.
Yes, all those animations can be transferred, but reload animations are an issue. Since they do move weapon bones, it will also move bones on the other weapon you move the animation to...and that bone it will move may not be the clip but rather a flap or slide or other moving parts.
I think I will experiment and see what animations still look good after transfer.
xxpenguinxx wrote:And how did you get your vid cap to look so detailed? My vidcaps look like a corrupted bitmap half the time.
I use Camtasia Studio to record my video captures. There are settings that are shown when you are ready to render the video.
(render as in convert it to a video format)
Would you like a demonstration on that as well?
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

DemonicSandwich wrote:
xxpenguinxx wrote:And how did you get your vid cap to look so detailed? My vidcaps look like a corrupted bitmap half the time.
I use Camtasia Studio to record my video captures. There are settings that are shown when you are ready to render the video.
(render as in convert it to a video format)
Would you like a demonstration on that as well?

Ya I would, but did you use a capture card or yelo or the capture tool in Xbox SDK?

And to stay on topic I'll do the animations now and get a few pics.

BTW, your plugin didn't have everything labeled and some of the reflexives were hidden.

EDIT: Have pics. It worked but my camera goes a little lower and the stock of the smg gets shoved into the handle. I know why it does that but I need to be able to link the animation bones to the right bones in the jmad, but I can't find the values.

DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

xxpenguinxx wrote:Ya I would, but did you use a capture card or yelo or the capture tool in Xbox SDK?
I used Yelo. Then made the frames into a vid using Windows Movie Maker. Then combined it together with the desktop capture and added commentary using Camtasia Studio.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
xxpenguinxx wrote:EDIT: Have pics. It worked but my camera goes a little lower and the stock of the smg gets shoved into the handle. I know why it does that but I need to be able to link the animation bones to the right bones in the jmad, but I can't find the values.
Unfortunately the data that says what bones are moved isn't in the tag meta but in the raw data itself.
And since we have no tools for editing the animation raw, we can't choose what bones are moved.
You could however inject a model, when a model is injected it has no bone data and moves with the weapons primary bone but that would be contrary to what your goal is.

And your first person camera is linked directly to a bone as well so most animations move your camera ever so slightly.
spawnova

Post by spawnova »

very nice thanks alot =] :D
halo 2?
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

xxpenguinxx wrote:BTW, your plugin didn't have everything labeled and some of the reflexives were hidden.
Woops. I just realized I put up the wrong plugin.

Also updated the other links to ones that actually work now. <_<
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Can this be used to give animations to weapons that don't have one for certain animation calls? For example, giving the magnum a charging or overheat animation like the plasma pistol, or giving any weapon a secondary fire animation for cloned triggers. What about a grenade toss for the assault bomb? It seems like there would be a conflict.

As an aside, if the FP camera is attached to a bone, is it not feasible to attach it to an invisible bone behind the chief and get 3P without Yelo?
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

CaptainPoopface wrote:Can this be used to give animations to weapons that don't have one for certain animation calls? For example, giving the magnum a charging or overheat animation like the plasma pistol, or giving any weapon a secondary fire animation for cloned triggers. What about a grenade toss for the assault bomb? It seems like there would be a conflict.
These are indeed possible but keep in mind that some animations would move some bones you would rather be kept as is. The overheat animations for the beam rifle don't move any weapon bones to my knowledge so those may be best to use for overheating.
The Assault Bomb nade throwing is very possible with just few Chunk Cloner edits but you would have to disable the weapon dropping.
So you could pick up the bomb but not drop it at the tap of a button.

And you would need to add some extra Chunks in the reflexives within Animation Calls reflexive for them to be used.
CaptainPoopface wrote:As an aside, if the FP camera is attached to a bone, is it not feasible to attach it to an invisible bone behind the chief and get 3P without Yelo?
Well, it's note a true bone. Think of it as a ghost bone.
The bone doesn't exist within the [mode] tag but still exists in a way that they can use it to move the camera but not be dependent on the coordinates of the other bones within the weapon.

The bone really exists within the [weap] tag and its coords are controlled by those coord values at the very bottom of the meta.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

I have a much more efficient way of doing this now.
I'll make a video of it sometime.