Neon Under-Glow

Post your tutorials here, and if decided so, they will be moved to the 'Tutorials' forum.
socrates

Neon Under-Glow

Post by socrates »

Neon Under-Glow on ‘Hog (~tutorial created by Socrates~)
Yes I know there have been warthog neon tutorials before but my tutorial is different. I have developed a form of neons that I have not seen in any other tutorial.
Step1 Depending on what type of neons you want you should do different thing as your first step.
If you would like regular neons open your map in entity that you want your neons.
If you want pulsing neons open your map in entity that you would like the neons.
If you want flashing neons open elongation.

Step 2 If you are making regular neons go to the “ligh” tag and find “effects\objects\vehicles\ghost\ghost_plasma_vent” right click it and select “duplicate”
If you want pulsing neons go to your “ligh” tag and find “objsects\weapons\multiplayer\assault_bomb\assault_bomb” and right click and select duplicate.
If you are making flashing neons go to the “ligh” tag and find “scenarios\objects\hman\military\emergence\emergency_no_shadow” click recursive parsed and sounds and then click save and save to wherever.then open your map that you want the neons on in entity, and click build and find your emergency_no_shadow light and build it into your map.

Step 3 Open your map in dothalo and go to the “vehi” tag and find the warthog. Open the tag editor and click both ‘hog headlights to “always on”

Then go to the dependencies and change the ligh tag of warthog headlights to either the ghost_plasma_vent(1) assault_bomb or emergency_no_shadow

Step 4 Open your map in ADI scroll down to the “ligh” tag and open up your light you are using for your neons.
Then open the tag editor.
For both radian values make them 0.05
Then change the RGB colors to make the neons whatever color you want the neons to be. I'm not going into how to make non-primary colors if you don’t know it (haven’t had an art class and didn’t pay attention in 3rd grade) you can experiment with it to get them whatever color you want.

Step 5 open your map back up in entity.
Go to the “mode” tag and find the warthog.
Go to the meta editor change the “marker” to “9: headlights light”
Now change the X Y and Z coordinants to
X: 8E-11
Y: 0.001747948
Z: -0.3428424
Now fix system link resign ftp and check it out. You can easily change the color by opening the map in ADI going to tag editor of the light and editing the values resigning and ftping

Finished product (with MLX remodel Skinned by -SA-[TT] on xlink kai)

JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: Neon Under-Glow

Post by JacksonCougar »

That model does not show off the tutorial well... at least I hope it does'nt :x
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Darker map. Different vehicle. :P

You can barely see the glow.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Someone needs to apply a dark lightmap, but also you should do it with the warthog since its elevated better ;)
socrates

Post by socrates »

that was a pic i took a long time ago and yes i know it doesn't show off the glow well...
these are a little better (also my hog skin :) )
you will of course want to null out the lens flare
Gary

Post by Gary »

hmm, theres been tuts for this before and i knew hog to do it, this just reminded me :D
it would work great with My Fly Hog
socrates

Post by socrates »

you are correct there have been tuts b4 but i haven't seen any that explained how to make flashing/pulsing neons...
also...how did you make the tires fall off? is it too complicated for a simple mod?
and what did you do to the tail lights? they have a beam trail?
certainly makes it look like it can go fast...maybe a good skin maybe even a model of a tuner would be great on headlong for a street racing mod...