How to inject A8R8G8B8 DDS Textures With Video Tutorial

Post your tutorials here, and if decided so, they will be moved to the 'Tutorials' forum.
Click16

How to inject A8R8G8B8 DDS Textures With Video Tutorial

Post by Click16 »

Hello Please download the video if you dont want to read the text tutorial.

Video Tutorial link? Click Here

Requirements:
Entity
DotHalo
Photoshop
3. Go to the Bitmap tag-class and select any 'A8R8G8B8' bitmap that is EXTERNAL! (MUST be external!!!) And you can see what it is. Example: SMG Reticle looks corrupt, therefore you cannot edit it. Banshee Reticle looks correct, therefore you CAN edit it.
4. Open photoshop, make a new bitmap.. Make the size of it the size in DotHalo and start editing! Don't forget those alphas! :D
5. Save the Bitmap.
7. Save and Inject into your map in DotHalo.
8. Close your map and open it in Entity
9. Find your bitmap and internalize it.
10. Sign the map and test.

Last edited by Click16 on Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Click16

Re: How to inject A8R8G8B8 DDS Textures With Video Tutorial

Post by Click16 »

The Tutorial is complete! (Video & Text.)
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

So I have to mess up my shared map to get this to work right?
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

xxpenguinxx wrote:So I have to mess up my shared map to get this to work right?
Why should you be worried. You're safe as long as you keep a clean batch of maps to copy over to different locations.

And if you're just making a HUD reticule then you can just use a 64x64 pixel DXT 2/3 format bitmap such as effects\bitmaps\contrails\condensation_contrail that way you can avoid the confusion and possible corruption and only have to use a single version of Entity the whole way through.

...and you can keep your shared.map safe by cloning the bitmap tag... <_<
Although its nice to see a video tutorial since some learn better with visual aid rather than text-based aid.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Click16

Post by Click16 »

DemonicSandwich wrote:
xxpenguinxx wrote:So I have to mess up my shared map to get this to work right?
Why should you be worried. You're safe as long as you keep a clean batch of maps to copy over to different locations.

And if your just making a HUD reticule then you can just use a 64x64 pixel DXT 2/3 format bitmap such as effects\bitmaps\contrails\condensation_contrail that way you can avoid the confusion and possible corruption and only have to use a single version of Entity the whole way through.

...and you can keep your shared.map safe by cloning the bitmap tag... <_<

Although its nice to see a video tutorial since some learn better with visual aid rather than text-based aid.
the point is so you dont have to duplicate a tag, and you can make it smaller for split or quad screens

EDIT: when you TRY inject with bitmaps within bitmaps that are internal, it breaks the map.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I just did the tut only I injected it the bitmap on a duplicated jackle_shield_mask. Yay, no teeth on my meters.

You only need to internalize the bitmap after injecting if your injecting it to a bitmap that has more then 1 inside it. Good thing you bumped into that app. :mrgreen:

BTW: DXT 3 bitmaps are the worst to use on meters

Edit: I viewed the video.
Last edited by xxpenguinxx on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
Click16

Post by Click16 »

xxpenguinxx wrote:I just did the tut only I injected it the bitmap on a duplicated jackle_shield_mask. Yay, no teeth on my meters.

You only need to internalize the bitmap after injecting if your injecting it to a bitmap that has more then 1 inside it. Good thing you bumped into that app. :mrgreen:

BTW: DXT 3 bitmaps are the worst to use on meters
did you use the video?
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Xbox Texture tool is part of the Xbox SDK and is illegal to post.
Supermodder911

Post by Supermodder911 »

Link removed.
Chad Warden is Ballin'. No jk.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Darkshallfall wrote:Xbox Texture tool is part of the Xbox SDK and is illegal to post.
Ok....
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

You don't even need it for the Tut. You re saved it in photoshop which overwrites any existing information that may have been written in Xbox texture tool.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Those reticles are rather small.
BTW, you may wanna check your spelling.

Reticle: A grid or pattern placed in the eyepiece of an optical instrument, used to establish scale or position.
Reticule: A drawstring handbag or purse.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Darkshallfall wrote:You don't even need it for the Tut. You re saved it in photoshop which overwrites any existing information that may have been written in Xbox texture tool.
Wrong

nothing else just accept that your wrong...
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Click16 wrote:
Darkshallfall wrote:You don't even need it for the Tut. You re saved it in photoshop which overwrites any existing information that may have been written in Xbox texture tool.
Wrong

nothing else just accept that your wrong...
No, Dark is correct. Xbox Texture Tool in not required.
You can simply extract the bitmap with DotHalo, edit it in Photoshop, save it with Photoshop, and finally re-inject it with DotHalo.

Extracting with DotHalo will actually eliminate steps 4 and 5.
You make it more complicated that what it's needed to be.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Click16 wrote:Wrong.
>_>
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Learn proper grammar...

You shouldn't be one to talk about grammar.

Check your spelling.
Reticle: A grid or pattern placed in the eyepiece of an optical instrument, used to establish scale or position.
Reticule: A drawstring handbag or purse.
I don't recall a handbag or purse ever being in halo 2.

Also, he wasn't saying "you re" as in "You're" or "You are". He was saying "re saved" as in save again.~DS
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Oh teh noez dark has made a bad typo and now it must be pointed out to everybody because its such a big deal lululululululululululululululululul. >_>

Click, Dark is right, you are wrong, now stop hating on Dark for it. Kai?
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

RE SAVE means you save again. Your a little immature prick. Accept the fact that your fucking stupid and wrong. Get a life and go fuck yourself. Also your a little shit for trying to steal shit from my PC and you should be banned from here for posting illegal files.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Darkshallfall wrote:RE SAVE means you save again. Your a little immature prick. Accept the fact that your fucking stupid and wrong. Get a life and go fuck yourself. Also your a little shit for trying to steal shit from my PC and you should be banned from here for posting illegal files.
Calm Down, you don't need to start flaming.
And what did he try to steal, and how do you know he tried?

Also i think there is no need to ban him over the file thing, he wouldn't of posted it if he knew, you should not ban someone for a mistake

Also don't hate on click, hes only trying to help.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

I'm sorry everyone, especially you dark, i'm sorry for being an asshole because i wasn't in the best mood yesterday... I will fix my spelling and my tutorial. Me srry :(
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

gjsdeath wrote:
Darkshallfall wrote:RE SAVE means you save again. Your a little immature prick. Accept the fact that your fucking stupid and wrong. Get a life and go fuck yourself. Also your a little shit for trying to steal shit from my PC and you should be banned from here for posting illegal files.

Also i think there is no need to ban him over the file thing, he wouldn't of posted it if he knew, you should not ban someone for a mistake

He tried stealing Xbox SDK and Inception. He knows the files are illegal because I told him thats the reason he cant have them.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

How does a tutorial go from, "yay I can inject A8R8G8B8's :D ," to, "************************************************" :shock:

Anyway, the tut works no matter how you put it. Lets just leave it as that. :mrgreen:
I think this site needs a shock smile with bigger eyes.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

We all could inject submaps and argb with Dothalo for a while. We just never wanted to corrupt our shared ;/.
And sometimes we wanted to re-inject new bitmaps if we found the first ones to be the wrong size/shape. ~DS
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Darkshallfall wrote:
gjsdeath wrote:

He tried stealing Xbox SDK and Inception. He knows the files are illegal because I told him thats the reason he cant have them.
you cant "Steal" things with Team Viewer...
neodos

Post by neodos »

STFU Dark, you got XDK, you got it on your desk the "neighbor " thing, you showed it on the show ur desktop thread, OMG BAN! BAN! BAN!

Seriously who the fuck cares about a fucking XDK or whatever Xbox tool, there's no games coming out for xbox 1 anymore, oh yeah maybe some crappy games, stop acting like fucking douchebags, microsfot doesn't give a shit about kids making bitmaps with these tools for a dead game such as Halo 2, it's for private use we are not making money with it, not selling the mod or app w/e, stop acting like bitchies, it's illegal ok, and you got it, you know about it, you got XDK, how? you got it so you are using it, or you used, not one is going to get arrested for making bitmaps with such tools, it doesn't matter to M$ or Bungie, stop acting like that, damn.

You and Demonic are just talking shit because you guys doesn't like the fact that Click makes tutorials that already exist that's ok yeah it sucks w/e just say it instead of using arguments such as "omg u nub u using illegal tools"

srly?

All i see when i come back here is people talking bullshit, don't make what remains on remnant, shit, such as halomods.