How to Make a Virus Grenade!

Post your tutorials here, and if decided so, they will be moved to the 'Tutorials' forum.
eMoneyGraphix

How to Make a Virus Grenade!

Post by eMoneyGraphix »

How to make a Poison grenade thanks to Troy, Captain Poop Face, All of remnant mods, and my younger brother Tortuga. The way this grenade works is that the armed effect of the plasma grenade is going to spawn a frag grenade that blows up instantly and the effect will loop causing a poison effect to whomever gets stuck by this grenade inspired by Tortuga.

Step 1.
So open the map you want to mod in insolence then we are going to inject the battery from headlong which will be under the bloc tag. Once you have located it simply drag it from headlong into your modded map and you are done.

Step 2.
Once transferred open your map in entity and make a Recursive copy of your frag grenade and plasma grenade.

Step 3.
Also for organization purposes rename frag grenade to poison damage and rename plasma grenade to poison grenade.

Step 4.
Since you duplicated the plasma grenade recursively you should have a second plasma_grenade_armed effe tag named plasma_grenade_armed (1) your going to rename that to Poison_grenade_armed

Step 5.
Next go to battery explosion effe tag and open the chunk cloner. Select “Events (1)” chunk under the Events reflexive. Click the copy to clip board button then close the cloner.

Step 6.
Now open the poison_grenade_armed effect once more and open the chunk cloner. Now highlight the “Events” reflexive and click the “Add To Selected Reflex/Chunk “button. Once it is done loading click the add meta to map button.

Step 7.
Once you have done this you will have 3 blocs attached to your effe tag. For this tutorial we will only be using one so replace it with the poison damage proj using the ident swapper.

Step 8.
Still under the poison_grenadea_armed effe open the meta editor and change the Event 0>Particle Systems(the original event of the effe) and check the flag “Looping Particle” for both the 0 and 1 particle chunks.

Step 9.
Now select Event (1)>Parts chunk (the event with the Parts Attached to it) and change the “Velocity Bound” Value to 0.1 and the “…To” value to 0.1.

Step 10.
Okay we are getting close to the end here all we need to do is change the poison damage proj and the poison grenade proj. So lets change the poison damage nade to the values in the first picture link below. Also swap the jpts of the grenade to something weaker so it will not kill the player instantly I will be using the Plasma_pistol_bolt.jpt use the 2nd picture link for refrence.
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/ ... lStep3.jpg
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/ ... lStep5.jpg

Step 11.
After you have changed those values we want to null out a few things use this image as a reference.
http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/ ... Step11.jpg

Step 12.
Now under the meta editor change the “timer[sec]” of the Poison grenade to 1 then change the “…To” value to 10. Next change the “Initial Velocity“ value to 6 then change the “Final Velocity” value to 13.
Now switch to the Reference Editor mode and swap the plasma_grenade_armed effe tag to poison_grenade_armed effe that we made earlier.

Step 13.
Last step. All you need to do is replace a weap tag proj to that of the poison grenade. Use a Plasma Pistol, Plasma Rifle or even Beam Rifle it really is up to you. Then test and hopefully everything went smoothly. Thanks for reading and keep the moding alive! Let me now if I need to clarify anything and I will update the tutorial. Also I will be uploading more pictures a little later. Probably when I get back from work.