Tutorial Contributors

Post your tutorials here, and if decided so, they will be moved to the 'Tutorials' forum.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Tutorial Contributors

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I've recently been moving tutorial submissions to the legitimate Tutorial subforum. If you feel that your submission is good enough, feel free to private message me, or in some other way, convince me that your tutorial deserves to be moved.

For instance, the few topics that I moved had the following in common:
  • Confirmation that the tutorial works by someone other than the topic creator.
  • Up to presentable standards. In other words, it's not, "STP 1: go 2 thu matg tag."
    [-] Pictures, along with a working download link are also recommended.
  • Significant discussion/interest.
The last one is not necessary, but it recommended.

If you feel your tutorial has the necessary attributes, shoot me or another staff member a message.

Otherwise, I'll be making occasional rounds around this section to see if any random topic achieves the standards.

Happy Modding :]
Dragonfire

Re: Tutorial Contributors

Post by Dragonfire »

Could i make a tut on how to do "successful" proj swaps, lol

/sarcasm :P
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I saw that it was your topic, and we all know I just don't like you. So I left it...

I actually saw the topic, but no one has yet confirmed that it works.

Now, I'm sure it does work. But I'll be personally moving topics that have proof of success from someone that's tried it, that isn't you. This is to maintain consistency.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Click actually did confirm it in one of his thousand+ repetitive tutorials, though you may be able to tell from my poor grammar that it isn't that big of an issue for me.

Hell, it only has 150 views or so.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

NotZachary82 wrote:Click actually did confirm it in one of his thousand+ repetitive tutorials
Couldn't find after a quick look.
NotZachary82 wrote:though you may be able to tell from my poor grammar that it isn't that big of an issue for me.
Confused.
NotZachary82 wrote:Hell, it only has 150 views or so.
Assuming it's sarcasm...
Views don't necessarily constitute success in a tutorial.
In fact, I think there's a couple of click's with plenty more than that, but his submissions rarely get responses.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Aumaan Anubis wrote: In fact, I think there's a couple of click's with plenty more than that, but his submissions rarely get responses.
He is abused by everyone here, even though he is one of the few left that actually mods still.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

So far I have yet to find a tutorial that has failed me on this site out of the ones I've tried, which is more then 30...
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Gjsdeath wrote:He is abused by everyone here, even though he is one of the few left that actually mods still.
Indeed. I'm just saying, Click's tutorial submissions have more than 150 views, and yet, I have not moved them to tutorials.
So, in the case that Zach's comment of, "It's only got 150 views or so," had the purpose of convincing me it was successful for someone, I'm letting him know that if number of views does not constitute tutorial success, for me, personally.
xxpenguinxx wrote:So far I have yet to find a tutorial that has failed me on this site out of the ones I've tried, which is more then 30...
Feel free to comment within the ones you're certain have worked, should you feel so inclined. Or should you have the belief that they be moved.
socrates

Post by socrates »

Zac, if you fix image links I'll confirm it works.. you'll have to hit me up on aim to tell me you fixed though, cuz I most likely won't go searching myself..
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

So for each tutorial that worked for me I should put ~works at the end of my posts?
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Okay I see. Yeah i know people don't seem to find my tutorials too useful unless people choose not to comment on them. It's either that they don't want to comment, or they simply don't have a response to it. But please, If you try one of my tutorials, and it works, please post a picture and say it works. :wink:
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

xxpenguinxx wrote:So for each tutorial that worked for me I should put ~works at the end of my posts?
Or you can just link the tutorial in this topic and tell me it works.
Or you can private message me with that information.
Or, yeah, you can post in the topic.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=866
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1426
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1424
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1422
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1415
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1388
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=870
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1384
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1355
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1125
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1101
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=803
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=648
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Done.