The Ultimate BSP Conversion Tutorial!

This if for tutorials and information for the community to use for great works.
Keep them organized now!..

Good first tutorial?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 9

bumlove

Re: The Ultimate BSP Conversion Tutorial!

Post by bumlove »

I can't help specifically but has anyone considered sp map have usually 3 bsps and 3 light maps at least and these entries are pretty much the first known (to humans anyway) data entry on the map,
is it not plausible to take your (not you specifically doorman) sp map and extract your chosen bsp & ltmp then flatten all data relating to [sbsp]&[ltmp] in the map, making a huge amount of space, then add you bsp to the start offset and align your lightmap to near the middle of the remaining space, you'd have to add a matg and other stuff so that would shift stuff before matg back (hence lightmap near middle of the space after the bsp) & you'd have to point the light map to the bsp and change the bsp size, also after adding chunks to the scnr a large tag & reflexive re-pointing exercise of the the tags before it would have to happen but its not impossible, just a meta-fuckton of re-pointing

* fake edit* I think I've talked myself round to near impossible, I would delete but would like to hear what people think.
I'm going to have to get my only xbox of 3 that debug dash is visible and not set to some ntsc crazy Japanese seizure inducing fail.