Spawning via Effects

This if for tutorials and information for the community to use for great works.
Keep them organized now!..
neodos

Spawning via Effects

Post by neodos »

Hello, in this tutorial i will show you how to spawn objects using by an effect.

You can make a chainspawn or just spawn an object with an effect.

I always explain everthing, it for that my tuts are long, but i believe that way you shoudl understand better what you are doing...

For this example i am going to use the plasma grenade.
So when the grenade will explode it will liberate another plasma grenade.

What we need:
entity 1.6UE

Plugins:

http://trashalo.hostgratos.net/plugins

1-Analysing

I'll analyse the he plasma grenade effects, go to this tag:
[proj] - objects\weapons\grenade\plasma_grenade\plasma_grenade

Let's see what does have the plasma grenade on dependencies,
Right clic on the grid, "display" >> "idents"

You should know that all destructible objects wich have effects when they explode liberate sometimes objects, for example the warthog (this effect respawn a bloc tag (the pieces of the destroyed warthog))

So what are the dependencies of the plasma grenade proj tag:

-effects\objects\weapons\grenade\plasma_grenade\detonation_start
-effects\impact\explosion_small\plasma_grenade\airborne_detonation
-effects\impact\explosion_small\plasma_grenade\detonation
-effects\impact\explosion_small\plasma_grenade\bounce

As you can see there are many effe tags on dependencies, but as you know the plasma grenade doesn't liberate any object at the explosion.
So we are going to add what we need to spawn a tag by an effect.

If you read the tags names... "detonation" seems to be the effect i am researching for the explosion effect
"effe - effects\impact\explosion_small\plasma_grenade\detonation"
So we go to this tag, and we are going to mod it that wya it will liberate a tag you can use those type of tags to be spawn by an effect: bloc,bipd,weap,proj,vehi.

Now on the dependencies of this tag you see many tags but no bloc tag...
No there's no bloc dependencies,so we are going to add the chunk wich we need to for that.

I was talking about the warthog wich spawns bloc tags when you break the vehicule... so we are going to look at it!

2-Copying the effect spawn attachement chunk

Go to this tag
-effects\objects\vehicules\warthog\bumper_destroyed

So now you can see a [bloc] tag in dependencies ^^

Open the chunk cloner
Right clic on the grid and "Clone chunk"
Search on the reflexives and find the bloc dependencie.

Did you found it??
Search it you can do it :D

Ok now select "bloc.bumper"

Once you selected it
clic
"Copy to Clip Board"

Close the chunk cloner.

3-Adding the effect spawn attachement chunk to another effect

Come back to the tag effe - effects\impact\explosion_small\plasma_grenade\detonation

Open the Chunk cloner

Go to the reflexive "unknown 9"

Go to the "chunk Number 0"

Select "Attachement"

Now clic"Add to Select Reflex/Chunk"

Do not clone this chunk the first time you add it! first add one chunk ,add meta to map and then open again the chunks cloner and you can clone it if you clone at the same time you add the respawn chunk it will freeze

Now clic "add meta to map"

4-Changing the effe spawned tag

Go to the dependencies and you'll see the [bloc] tag wich will be spawned with the effect.

You can spawn the dependency by those type of tags to be spawned:
[bloc]
[bipd]
[equip]
[mach]
[proj]
[vehi]
[weap]

5- OPTIONNAL, Creating plasma grenade chainspawn

So i said i want a grenade wich chen it explode liberate another grenade so i swap the respawn dependency by:

proj - objects\weapons\grenade\plasma_grenade\plasma_grenade

Sign your map, upload to your xbox and test the plasma grande :D

VIDEO

http://trashalo.hostgratos.net/images/chainspawn.rar

If you have a question ask ^^

Tutorial by neodos (KiMiK)
Last edited by neodos on Sun May 25, 2008 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotZachary82

Spawning via Effects

Post by NotZachary82 »

ah, chainspawning ... one of the most godly effect mods ever discovered.

thanks a ton ;)
neodos

Spawning via Effects

Post by neodos »

Most people think the main purpose of this is chainspawn but it's not, that what i used to make bubble shield,tripmine, gravity lift and glugun spawning methods.
bumlove

Spawning via Effects

Post by bumlove »

Nice work neodos, as a further note for those wishing for a bit more complex a chain spawn (I say chain spawn but it can be used for far greater purposes) make duplicates of effects with several event chunks to it, meaning one thing happens (eg 30 grenades spawn at the same time) and then a set duration after another thing/or things spawn all from one effect
The duration between events is set by the "delay bounds" and the "to" floats in events reflexive and the time in the float box is the time it will wait after the event directly before
effects\impact\explosion_small\needler\attach_default_material this effect has 2 events to it
effects\impact\explosion_large\rocket_launcher\rocket_detonation this effect has 3 events to it
(these 2 above I use regularly) there are more, there is one daddy of effects
effects\objects\vehicles\banshee\trans_hull_destroyed_damage this effect has 7 events to it, (please note I have yet to get this one to work)

some effects may have prt3 reflexives too which maybe unwanted the correct way to get rid of these is to copy a simple event to clip board (something with no prt3 or whatever) and overwrite your desired effect event or you could just null the prt3 you don't want

I can't ever remember trying simply to add an event to an effe maybe I tried once and it failed

Please note that not all effects "like" being used for chain spawning ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE STARTING
neodos

Spawning via Effects

Post by neodos »

neodos wrote: Do not clone this chunk the first time you add it! first add one chunk ,add meta to map and then open again the chunks cloner and you can clone it if you clone at the same time you add the respawn chunk it will freeze[/b]
Ogrish

Spawning via Effects

Post by Ogrish »

thanx

Lol i threw a granade and spawnd a random forest, traping my friend who was trying kill me, on coag. XD