Properly referencing new spawns to scripts objects

This if for tutorials and information for the community to use for great works.
Keep them organized now!..
neodos

Post by neodos »

Properly referencing new spawns to scripts objects[/size]

In this tutorial i am going to quickly explain how to reference spawns to script objects so we can do interactions on scripts with what is spawned.

What we need:

#I will be using Entity 1.6UE
#Zanzibar.map
#And the scnr plugin i updated with the script object chunk on each placement reflexive
#Basic Knowledge about scripting recommended

http://plugins.pheonic.co.uk/?q=node/5

or get it here too:

http://trashalo.hostgratos.net/scnr.ent

Special thanks to XZodia for his plugins website :)

What are scripts objects

Before starting, i am going to explain what are the elements of scnr that we are going to modify.

The "Placement" reflexives contain chunks that are spawns, those reflexives that can be referenced on the "Scripts Objects" these are the reflexives:

Bipeds, vehicles, weapons,scenery, machines, control, obstacles, sound scenery.

In script object reflexive we choose:

-the name of the script object that we will use on the scripts.
-the placement reflexive
-the spawn chunk number

This is what everyone though was needed to reference a spawn(an object) to use it in the scripts.
That's what i though too but i saw that no, new spawns couldn't be referenced so i wondered why.

I did some research on scnr and I found two new values on scnr that are the same on each of those referencable placement reflexives.

So once you referenced your object in scripts objects, note the script object chunk in which you referenced your spawn
(object) and go in that spawn chunk on it's placement reflexive.
Now in the Script object Chunk # tape the chunk number in which you referenced the spawn.

You can also choose if the object will spawn when the game start or if it doesn't spawn at start and will be only spawned by a script(using the "object_create" command).

Example:

I am going to open Zanzibar for this example.
As you may know this map still have some content that was used by bungie on some E3 demos where the showed the map with one elite a sword and one spartan with a battle rifle.
These doesn't spawn but the spawns exist and are referenced on script object so i am going.

This is the Battle rifle scenery tag spawn that is referenced on script object and is configured.

That's it, if you have any questions ask ^^
And sorry for my poor english, still in progress...

-neodos ;)
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

<3 thank you so much, mate

don't worry about the English, i can read it fine. (i speak a little Spanish ;))