Adding new spawns(Mach,bloc,scen...) spawning on system link

This if for tutorials and information for the community to use for great works.
Keep them organized now!..
neodos

Post by neodos »

Hi,

You can now use this app!! instead of fixing this like in the tutorial the app will do it for you

http://forums.remnantmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1320

Some of you may know that if we work per example on a map that has let's say 3 mach spawns(from the original map) and that if we want to add more machine spawns, we can, clone chunks with entity, and we will have more chunks as well.

I'll take this tutorial as example of DrXThirst :
http://forums.halomods.com/viewtopic.php?t=63449

Which is a good tutorial, but even if it's says working on systemlink, it doesn't when we can to clone chunks, there it works because he copied existing chunks from another(original) map.
But, if you clone a placement chunk once you have all those new spawns, when you play on systemlink those new machine will only spawn for the Party Leader(Hoster).

What we need:

#I will be using Entity 1.6UE
#Ascension.map
#This scnr plugin(you cannot clone chunks on scnr with this plugin): http://trashalo.hostgratos.net/scnr.ent

So how do we fix that?
(These example can be applied to bloc, scen, mach,ctrl spawns)

Clonning placement chunks

Got scnr and open the chunk cloner, don't use the plugin i just gave you to clone chunks, it doesn't work, we will need this plugin later for meta editing.

Ok, so for this exmaple i'll show you some cloned blox spawns, i used Ascension.map, i cloned the bloc placement chunk 3 times and Add meta to map.

So you should get this:

Fixing the cloned placement chunks

Go to the scnr and META EDITOR and find "Crate Placement" reflexive.(which is bloc placement in fact...)

What makes that in system link the new cloned placement chunks doesn't spawn is the fact that thhis values:
-Origin BSP Index
-Source
-BSP Policy

Are the same for each clone chunk.
So these values must be different and unique for each chunk.

Example to fix these 4 placement chunks:

#Chunk0:
-Origin BSP Index:512
-Source:32
-BSP Policy:7

#Chunk1:

-Origin BSP Index:513
-Source:33
-BSP Policy:8

#Chunk2:
-Origin BSP Index:514
-Source:34
-BSP Policy:9

#Chunk2:
-Origin BSP Index:515
-Source:35
-BSP Policy:10

Understood?

Now you can add as much chunks as you want(but there may be a limit on multiplayer, not sure,test!) and all your new spawns will work on system link!

Feel free to ask any question!

-neodos
Last edited by neodos on Thu May 21, 2009 6:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Moved.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
CaptainPoopface

Re: Adding new spawns(Mach,bloc,scen...) spawning on system link

Post by CaptainPoopface »

When I try this for a MP map with your scnr plugin, the map loses its death zones, and the machs no longer move.

I am using Lockout as the base map, if that matters.

Also, how does your scnr plugin compare to the most recent version released by Xzodia? Some of the values look slightly different. When I edited the mach placement values using your plugin, then tried to open the map with Xzodia's plugin to compare, Entity crashed immediately.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Something is wrong in this plugin i give something is wrong in XZodia's plugin too for the bsp policy etc
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

>_> my plugin is correct....

its the mapz that are wrong :p jk

but seriously my plugin is very much correct, i spent a lot of time making sure it was
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Well, the dilemma is how to make SLC cloned chunks in the mach/bloc placement reflexives. Neodos's method requires(?) each placement chunk to have a unique number for the BSP policy index, which your plugin does not allow. It's the SLC compatibility I'm looking for. If there is another way, let's find it.

I don't know how Neodos discovered that changing these three values would solve the SLC problem, but it does...at the expense of death zones and mach movement (unless I screwed that up somehow - a mod I tested by Neodos had working machs but no death zones). We can figure this out...
neodos

Post by neodos »

xzodia wrote:>_> my plugin is correct....

its the mapz that are wrong :p jk

but seriously my plugin is very much correct, i spent a lot of time making sure it was
No sorry it's not i am 100% sure i'll check that later to see what is wrong and i'll post if i found a way to fix this.

Also i didn't have that deahtzone problem, just copy Xzodia Trigger zone reflexive to replace that reflexive on plugin.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Well, the dilemma is how to make SLC cloned chunks in the mach/bloc placement reflexives. Neodos's method requires(?) each placement chunk to have a unique number for the BSP policy index, which your plugin does not allow.
if that is directed towards me, my plugin does allow that :?
neodos

Post by neodos »

I tell you it's not correctly mapped yours won't work well :/

These are the offsets
39 (short)
42(byte)
43(byte)

If u set em to a unique number on each chunk then all spawns will work on syslink.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

neodos...I was the person who put them at those offsets in the 1st place, I knew they were wrong back then but couldn't fiqure out the way they should be >_<
the only value that has to be unique is "unique number" (surprisingly)
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Xzodia's surmise is correct; new app based off of his plugin produces perfect results (and I tested this time). Good work to all of you.

PPS: Neodos please remove that link; that app is not good :\ I tried using it on Wake but it ate te reflexives again >_<

New app is more... controllable. IM me for use.
sabu

Re: Adding new spawns(Mach,bloc,scen...) spawning on system

Post by sabu »

Ill try and keep this brief.

The program you have linked inside this thread, does not work with what I'm doing. It reads an immediate error upon opening my map.

I asked a question about this a little while ago when I had trouble getting "Machines" visible to other players over system link on the same map you have as an example, at first I didn't get this tutorial and saw quickly that you had linked a program here that automatically did the job explained, didn't work so I abandoned hope for getting the data I wanted, System Link Compatible.

Well now recently, my new idea which happens to be a SP-MP Conversion, has now been put on halt because it seems that the Machines/Scenery are not showing up inside the game, as a matter of fact they have full collision but are invisible to the player. At this point I figured it had been a problem with SLC.

So I followed up on this tutorial and realized that I wasn't needing to make copies of placement chunks, but rather for Machines and Scenery. I used Xzodia's plugin but... when editing the data inside meta editor with his Scnr plugin, I get an error like this.

☆ Click my signature to navigate back to Remnantmods Board index. Made by sabu. ☆
neodos

Post by neodos »

Did you take all the spawns from single player?

If you didn't add or clone any placement chunks and too the spawns from the campaing map you don't need to generate unique IDs for the placements since even the SP maps already have unique ids for each placement(spawn).
The unique id problem was happening when we cloned/added placement chunks and there was these new placements chunks would have the same "unique" id.

I see its the sentinel level, which when I tried to do a port for multiplayer coop some machines wouldn't work, its not because of the unique id which is fine, but because its of scripts, the host doesn't notify clients of scripts being executed, since scripts won't execute on client consoles, some machines are spawned (by script object name) then activated(which triggers the machine animation) and that's what doesn't seem to sycn, the activation and its animation do not sycn for the clients.
The only scripts that client xbox will run are "startup" and "continuous"

Another example of these machines/scripts problems is that some machines on the sentinel level such as the "pistons" which have 4 "holograms looking" buttons (ctrl) are attached by scripts to the piston machine and as the script that attachs them doesn't execute for clients only the host will see those buttons properly attached and thus.

Another example with the scarab, the machine has its spawn in scnr just like every machine i talked above, but the animations of the scarab are controlled by a script which doesn't execute on the client consoles, only host, so the clients only see the scarab moving without animations making it even unreliable for the clients players to stand on it, they just pass through it, physics nulled.
In the case of the scarab I just had to cut the end of the level on New Mombasa (MPC) and end he mission before you enter on the building after destroying some wraiths.

So the only way I can think of "fixing" some of these problems with machines relying on scripts is to rename the "script object" name for the machine or to null the script that controls it and to make the machine to be initially spawned and link a control to it, on the sentinels levels there's this big problem with the platform that you have to activate with 4 buttons i believe which transports you over a large distance, that was a big problem an remained unsolved.
Perhaps you could eventually put a giant lift transporting the players or build a bridge with machines, still I am think it wouldn't be the best solution since the "mission" scripts continue only once you activated the machine by pressing these 4 buttons, so you would need to also edit the scripts so the mission continues normal.

Sorry for the long post.
sabu

Post by sabu »

Hey thanks for the reply, it cleared up some but I think I probably mislead you in some ways by not putting more important information up.

What I meant to say was I did a SP-MP Conversion of the following SBSP:

Code: Select all

scenarios\solo\06a_sentinelwalls\sentinelhq_2
Which in this case is a very small layout for a BSP which also for me is perfect. I however wasn't attempting to get machines like... the one you were talking about in singleplayer that giant lift that floats over to the other side... or a scarab, but the machines and scenery I was talking about were:

Sniper pod ( You know the pod on dune where it looks like a purple opened ufo... you see them in campaign ) anyways that doesn't show up at all, just collision
Scenery ( Such as those odd looking covenant crates you would see on midship? those appear in sbsp while loading it under entity, so does the sniper pod )

However these things do not show up in game. It's almost like they're there but not there. Actually my only main concern is that pod, because the entire map looks perfectly fine but as you're walking you would slam your face right into the pod that doesn't show up.

In all other words, if I cannot get something out of it, it's fine because I think ill just move it under the map... but would be a cool addition to have the same look as in campaign.
☆ Click my signature to navigate back to Remnantmods Board index. Made by sabu. ☆
neodos

Post by neodos »

So do you have all the tags in the MP map and the scnr palette/placements copied aswell?

If that true and its still not spawning it might be the spawn is set to only respawn on one of the many BSPs, check the value "Origin BSP"(which forces an object to only be spawned once the bsp is loaded) if your map only has one bsp you would want your object to respawn on the first bsp, so set "Origin BSP" to 0.

Uncheck all "Placement flags".

Eventually if its still not spawning with those two settings changed,I am not sure what these do but try setting "Manual BSP Flags" and "Source" to 0.

Use the scnr plugin from this pack: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1417 because it has the value labels I pointed out.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Also try increasing size in bounding radius to 100 in the bloc, scene, or mach tag, then it will always be visable.