<Almost> Unlimited SNCR clones

This if for tutorials and information for the community to use for great works.
Keep them organized now!..
sanatarium

Re: <Almost> Unlimited SNCR clones

Post by sanatarium »

Can I get that patch too please, with like 100 crate 60 Mach 30 scen 290 netgame weather rainy and still be able to add several models and at least 20 tags for weapon's, effects, sounds, and custom sky. :
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

I don't think there ever was a patch, it was just a proof of concept
I think with the most recent entity it should be no problem
sanatarium wrote: 290 netgame:
there are limits to how many of each spawn type, If you look into the xbe research thread, grim released some C+ type pluggins that that came from H2V IDA'd, these gave the absolute chunk limit for each and every reflexive
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I gotta bump again. It's for a good cause. I swears it.

I was able to clone 100 netgame in ascension with no problems at all here. I do the same with coag and freeze before blue screen. Any ideas?
Remnant! We were the last stand.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Try 101. It more than likely you're just pushing something off it's alignment.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I think coagulation has some sort of internal limit.
100 chunks freezes on countdown.
101 chunks freezes on countdown.
75 chunks freezes on countdown.
51 chunks freezes on blue screen.

I may do a bsp conversion of coag in gemini. Gemini is much more friendly.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Try doing this using simplicity, its a lot less error prone.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1752

Extract the scnr tag.
Add chunks in Simplicity.
Build it into the map.
Set it as the new scnr tag.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Okay, Ill do this. I remember Simplicity, when I used it many moons ago, did not save the chunks that I added. Im sure I was doing it incorrectly--but I do remember struggling with this app.

Also, this is what I did for Tortuga, which worked, and what you just mentioned confused me on whether Im doing all of this correctly.
1. Duplicate scnr (unparsed)
2. Go to duplicated scnr (e.g. coagulation (1).scnr) and right click and set as active.
3. Clone chunks in original scnr.

The bsp viewer uses the original scnr tag and not the new one. The new one is meant to be unmodified at this point. To me, this doesn't sound right, but it worked in Tortuga.

Just to clarify, this is the right procedure...right? :shock:
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

No you chunk clone in the new tag not the old one, i'll be on chat if you need assistance with either method.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

yes, that is correct. The SCNR needs to be in a certain location and it points to the SCNR meta which is located near the start of all the other meta data. When you create a new one, it moves it to the end, so you have something like:
6) Search for the original IDENT value (remember to reverse the Hex digits)
ex: E1780003 (Ascension) Search for 03 00 78 E1
Ignore the first value found, this is a listing for the SCNR tag (will be followed shortly after by "sgat")
find the second listing and write down the 8 bytes after the IDENT (will be immediately proceded by "rncs")
7) Search for the new IDENT value (reversed again)
Write down the 8 bytes following it's IDENT value.
8) Exchange the 8 byte values between the two tags
ex (IDENTs in Bold):
BEFORE:
orig: 03 00 78 E1 98 C4 1B 80 88 7D 00 00
new: 98 11 1D F3 AC FE 55 80 1C 80 00 00
AFTER EXCHANGE:
orig: 03 00 78 E1 AC FE 55 80 1C 80 00 00
new: 98 11 1D F3 98 C4 1B 80 88 7D 00 00
As posted on page one, it swaps the offset values, but not the names offset in the index table. So after right-clicking the offset will change to the new SCNR tag meta, but the name will remain the same. I could have had it swap the names as well, but at the time I figured it would be easier to just always edit the original name. Just make sure that the offset in the original name is larger than the backup copy.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

It didn't sound right to me when I was adding chunks to the original scnr, but evven after I right click and set the new scnr as active, the bsp viewer in Entity 2.1.15 doesn't recognize it--it recognizes the old scnr. That is why I was thinking this. Why doesnt the BSP viewer pick up the new scnr tag? Ill try this all again later today.

BTW, I didnt hex edit anything. Is it necessary to hex edit even with the right click and set as active button?

btw, I wont be ablle to get on until tonight--studying. :|
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

No, the hex edit was the original method. Entity now does all that for you.
Not sure about the BSP viewer. I will look into it when I get home. Actually, likely not tonight, maybe Wednesday...
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Okay, so I duplicated the scnr tag. Set the new one as the active one. Used two different versions (at separate test runs) of entity to add 100 chunks to the new scnr tags and both froze.

Any thoughts?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Just tried it and it works fine in the BSP Viewer under 2.1.22. Also, when I wrote the ascension example of 200 machs I showed it in the BSP viewer I think as well as in-game.
I didn't have it change the name of the tag as I wasn't sure if the name was needed for references at that time. I assume now with the obfuscation maps that it doesn't matter.
Last edited by troymac1ure on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

troymac1ure wrote:Just tried it and it works fine in the BSP Viewer under 2.1.22. Also, when I wrote the ascension example of 200 machs I showed it in the BSP viewer I think as well as in-game.
I didn't have it change the name of the tag as I wasn't sure if the name was needed for references at that time. I assume now with the obfuscation maps that it doesn't matter.
Oh, okay so I noticed that after I duplicated and set the new scnr as active, I had to select other tags to get it visible in entity. I was typically duplicating and going straight to the BSP Viewer hotlink at the top of the program. This time I played around with other tags and went into the BSP viewer via the bsp tag, and it recognized the new active scnr. Like I said though, I did ascension and it worked really well for 100 chunks. I can't even get coagulation to load with 100 chunks. :cry: If you get some free time, maybe you can test that out to see if Im doing something wrong. Im fairly certain Im following the same procedure.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I got the same freezing. The most I have found on a map is 82 (headlong). It may be a limit factor, because I was able to add 40 or 50 to the existing 61, but I noticed no vehicles appeared on the map when it did load.
I managed to do the above by Duplicating the SCNR tag, then pointing the Netgame reflexive to the newly created SCNR tag and modifying that reflexive in the new tag. Even then, I would need to try it again as I may have duplicated a null tag by mistake anyways!