Bipd Attachments

This if for tutorials and information for the community to use for great works.
Keep them organized now!..
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Bipd Attachments

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Bipd Attachments
(Adding reflexives without the cloner)

I made a video explaining how to add the Attachments/Objects reflexive to your bipd and to do it without ever opening the cloner. :wink:
However, if you do want more chunks, then you will have to use the cloner....or wait for me to make a video on clunk cloning. (don't wait for the ladder option though >_>)

Video:
Mirror 1 (14.68 MB)

Map Used:
N/A (deleted by accident, meh)
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
NotZachary82

Re: Bipd Attachments

Post by NotZachary82 »

That is cool.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

THANK YOU!

OMG YOUR A GENIUS!
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I never knew the parsed etc box effected duplications....i wonder if not ticking parsed is the cause of so many freezes over the years....*remembers nightmares of duplicating warthogs...*
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Yes, but the entire thing seems broken. No matter what I should expect the tag to be dupp'ed correctly, whether your keeping shared or not. Obviously Entity just was programmed poorly.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

xzodia wrote:I never knew the parsed etc box effected duplications....i wonder if not ticking parsed is the cause of so many freezes over the years....*remembers nightmares of duplicating warthogs...*
Yes, infact if you don't parse, the shared meta is dropped and the reflexive pointer is pointed to a seemingly random spot.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

so can this process be used in other areas as well, like could i use this to clone in phmo, and sbsp
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Ogrish wrote:so can this process be used in other areas as well, like could i use this to clone in phmo, and sbsp
phmo yea, sbsp no
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

This doesn't demonstrate how to clone chunks, it only demonstrates how to add reflexives to something that does not have that reflexive.
So you could just adapt the information to other tags whom you want to add reflexives to as well, the process with the plugin is the same, two Integers to temporarily replace the reflexive.

So the information in the video cannot be used for Chunk Clonerless chunk cloning on a reflexive whom already exists in the tag...well not this information on it's own anyway.

I do plan on making a video for cloning chunks without the cloner. Just keep in mind that it will require use of a Hex Editor and a weee bit of simple math.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Sorry for the cunfusion, i dont want to clone the phmo chunks, i want to add the repulse/lift reflexive to the pelican phmo, but i keep messing up the plugin.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Actually...with a very small change you could have a near perfect chunk adder! All you have to do is set the chunk count to the number of chunks you want, and the data will be added! The only problem is the data will be garbage so you'll need to fix every value, but a simple program could be written for that!
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

xzodia wrote:Actually...with a very small change you could have a near perfect chunk adder! All you have to do is set the chunk count to the number of chunks you want, and the data will be added! The only problem is the data will be garbage so you'll need to fix every value, but a simple program could be written for that!
Or you could open the map in hex, copy the first chunk's data, and paste it over the new chunks.

Either way, chances of successful chunk manipulation are far FAR greater when not actually using Entity's chunk adder.
I like to use it's bugs to my advantage.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Write a tut right now for chunk cloning without the chunk cloner. Now.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

NotZachary82 wrote:Write a tut right now for chunk cloning without the chunk cloner. Now.
I shall...but later. I need veg time. My mind is spaced.

Just name the various tags/reflexives you have trouble cloning in. Not including scnr or sbsp.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

PHMO
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

DemonicSandwich wrote:Just name the various tags/reflexives you have trouble cloning in. Not including scnr or sbsp.
I don't think theres anything stopping you duplicating the scnr...it's just really big and the ScnrID has to be updated.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

• [effe]
    [hlmt]
    [mode]
    [ndht]
    [phmo]
    [proj]
    [vehi]
    [weap]
They're the main tags I try to clone chunks in.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

xzodia wrote:
DemonicSandwich wrote:Just name the various tags/reflexives you have trouble cloning in. Not including scnr or sbsp.
I don't think theres anything stopping you duplicating the scnr...it's just really big and the ScnrID has to be updated.
Except for the part where you have to duplicate the tag to make the chunk data. Then again you can just take any random tag, duplicate it, then point the scnr reflexives to that new meta data. :hmm:
So you'll have a corrupt garbage tag left over. (corrupt to that new tag, perfect to the scnr)
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

[char]
[bipd]
[hlmt]
[udlg]
[styl]

Please?
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Any reflexives in particular? Or is it just an overall fail?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

DemonicSandwich wrote:
xzodia wrote:
Except for the part where you have to duplicate the tag to make the chunk data. Then again you can just take any random tag, duplicate it, then point the scnr reflexives to that new meta data. :hmm:
So you'll have a corrupt garbage tag left over. (corrupt to that new tag, perfect to the scnr)
You can just change the chunk counts and duplicate, job done.
Zieon Eslador

Post by Zieon Eslador »

DemonicSandwich wrote:Any reflexives in particular? Or is it just an overall fail?
Actually, I'm pretty sure everything was working fine until I cloned-

[bipd] - objects\characters\masterchief\masterchief

and

[styl] - objects\characters\elite\ai\elite_ranger

Didn't really look into it after Zac told me it was useless to try with entity. Zac always seems to be right about these things...

...always. <_<
Zieon Eslador (1:23:09 AM): I haven't seen Watchmen, but I plan to eventually...
NotZachary (1:23:15 AM): it has nukes, random things happening, and retards screaming
NotZachary (1:23:19 AM): kinda like MW2
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Well this tutorial works and should be moved, as for the rest, we should open a topic for discussion.
socrates

Post by socrates »

srsly..that is so simple, I am probably going to just make a macro to do these when you get tutorials up for a few more tags...
AutoHotKeys ftw (make an exception in your antivirus if you download it.. it..is a key-logger... but for a reason)
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Heres some proof it works, but when i see the cannon projectile explode it freezes.