[Maps] Halo 2 Backup Maps

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

[Maps] Halo 2 Backup Maps

Post by JacksonCougar »

Remnantmods FTP Server

Note: If you did not legally purchase the maps from xbox live and/or own a copy of the original disk, DO NOT download these files. I am not here to give you free commercial content, I am doing this so you have an easy way of getting maps that you might have corrupted or lost.

Note: Do not hot-link these files. If I find abuse I will simply shutdown that section of the server. I am not fucking around here.

Fixed the link above. ~DS
xxpenguinxx

Re: [Maps] Halo 2 Backup Maps

Post by xxpenguinxx »

TY so much, my disk cracked and the crack is so big now that I can't get a few maps.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Pop War HomEY

Post by Pop War HomEY »

+1
Nice idea.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

maybe rename the folder to something a little off-topic like h2m or something, so that way curious eyes dont wonder in and reporting us for "illegal" files that are solely meant for backup. ;)
Click16

Post by Click16 »

I don't see why you post this and type "Note: If you did not legally purchase the maps from xbox live and/or own a copy of the original disk, DO NOT download these files." If you know people will do it anyway, I don't need this cuz i can has disk + unmodded HDD with XBL! (Plus mah backups!)
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Click16 wrote:I don't see why you post this and type "Note: If you did not legally purchase the maps from xbox live and/or own a copy of the original disk, DO NOT download these files." If you know people will do it anyway
Its a disclaimer. Much needed. ;)
socrates

Post by socrates »

so that he could post it...he had to write that
i am almost certain he actually doesn't want anyone illegally downloading and using them though.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

socrates wrote:so that he could post it...he had to write that
i am almost certain he actually doesn't want anyone illegally downloading and using them though.
True.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

One thing I have found that works well for me to prevent me from editing my original maps is to have them all in the folder like normal, and highlight them all and select properties, then set the readonly box to checked. Then it gives me errors when I try to open a map that is one of my originals, so I have to copy it out of that folder and change it back from readonly.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I just keep them on a folder in their rar's, but yes, to each their own.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Meh'.
Gary

Post by Gary »

infinitum wrote:meh = I win :cougar:
OMG, you stole Cougar's head!!
heathen711

Post by heathen711 »

um i dunno if I'm gonna get shot for this... probably will, but I find it just a little hard to navigate this, I've had backups posted off my site for a while and I also noticed that the old map links on here don't seem to exist... so if you need backup copies of maps you can find them off my site: Here

And if this bother's anyone, please, just tell me to remove it, don't chew my head off for it...
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

OMG READ THE RULES!!!one!11!!!
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

heathen711 wrote:um i dunno if I'm gonna get shot for this... probably will, but I find it just a little hard to navigate this, I've had backups posted off my site for a while and I also noticed that the old map links on here don't seem to exist... so if you need backup copies of maps you can find them off my site: Here

And if this bother's anyone, please, just tell me to remove it, don't chew my head off for it...
Hmm, maybe adding that link to the remnant backup list would be a good idea.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
DrXThirst

Post by DrXThirst »

Can you guys test the download speed for me, please?
Click, Please. :)
neodos

Post by neodos »

Seems to work =D slow DL tho

Edit: From Europe
Last edited by neodos on Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

DrXThirst wrote:Can you guys test the download speed for me, please?
DAMN! It works! @ 3 MB / Second its freaking amazing!

DrXThirst

Post by DrXThirst »

neodos wrote:Seems to work. =D Slow download, though, from Europe.
Yeah, it is a US server. :(
Click16 wrote:DAMN! It works! @ 3 MB / Second its freaking amazing!
Hahaha, NICE! That's amazing. I max out at 750KB/s.

Would you guys like me to upload all of the maps there? Also, I will host anything that you guys would like me to... just let me know. I can offer direct downloads along with/or FTP downloads like in the link I listed above.

However, I believe that link can only be opened in FireFox.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Link works in chrome.
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

DrXThirst wrote:Can you guys test the download speed for me, please?
I'm getting a solid 1.5MB/s download.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

xxpenguinxx wrote:I'm getting a solid 1.5MB/s download.
*snickers @ DL Speed* :lol:
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Click16 wrote:
xxpenguinxx wrote:I'm getting a solid 1.5MB/s download.
*snickers @ DL Speed* :lol:
*rofl @ your bill* :rofl:

Could you upload more maps? Mainly the disk maps and the newest download content like highplains. And if you have both versions of that map could you upload them both?
DrXThirst

Post by DrXThirst »

I had no idea that there were two versions of it, but I know where to get them. Also my upload speed is only 50KB (Kilobytes) per second, so I will have them ALL uploaded by tomorrow morning. I will start about 10:00 PM tonight and they should be up by around 5:00 AM tomorrow morning. This is all campaign maps, all multiplayer (DLC and Original), and the "other" maps which include MainMenu, Shared, and Single_Player_Shared.

EDIT: I'm going to also make a H2Apps folder to go along with the maps once I'm done uploading them.
However, I do not have ANY apps on my computer except for Entity 2.0.
Back in July of 2007, I was making an application called, "Halo Gateway." It was for easy access and downloading of all Halo 2 modding programs and maps...
That looks like quite a populated list... I wish I knew what they all were. I think I'm just going to let you guys PM me the tools and then I'll upload them if I don't already have them. :)

EDIT EDIT: It's 10:38 PM. I'm about to delete all of the folders on the server, then I'm going to start the entire upload process. Please try not to download anything while I'm uploading guys... it might mess up the process or slow it down a great amount. I appreciate it and they should all be up in the morning.
P.S. - I got Highplains v1 and v2. :)

EDIT x3: I apologize, guys, but the file sizes aren't going to be quite as low as I wanted them to be... then again, I was doing quite a few at once. :P

EDIT x4: Okay, guys, apparently my internet cut off in the middle of the night or we're having some problems with our upload speed. It is exactly 7:00 AM and I still have 37 file(s) left, so it says. The old link will not work anymore once I'm done uploading these maps, because I uploaded an entire folder, so I'm going to have to make a new FTP login link.

It just took me 43 minutes, total, to upload ONE (1) campaign map. So, I expect them to be done uploading by the time I get home from school, so expect the new downloads to be delivered sometime between 3:30 PM and 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time. :)
DrXThirst

Post by DrXThirst »

Okay, you guys, 18 hours straight uploading. :)
Say hello to the new and improved "Halo 2 Game Files" FTP hosting. :D

Click Here and leave a reply on the speeds! :P
Click16, can you download something once again and post your speeds? I hope these will download just as fast as the other ones. :wink: