Trampoline I

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
CaptainPoopface

Trampoline I

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Trampoline I
By CaptainPoopface

This entire map is made of grav lifts. You never stop bouncing.

There are only two modded weapons, although an old fashioned game of swords and shotguns is fun too.

The push laser. Same as a regular laser, plus it pushes people forward. Light someone up in the air to shove him off the trampoline.

The Blast-a-matic. Nerf, anyone? R trigger fires a pink ball, four per clip.

L trigger fires an explosive green ball. It takes about 5 seconds to recharge the ammo for another shot.

This mod will test your aim! It's hard to hit people when everyone is constantly rising and falling. Yeah, the layout is a tad crappy. I could not use the BSP viewer, and it was not fun to enter coordinates for each of the 300+ lifts manually in the meta editor. A third weapon was not SLC and had to be removed. But the map still works well for small games.

It was not possible when I made this mod, but it is now possible to create grav lifts of any size and strength, so I may release a more elaborate sequel.

SLC tested.

Credits:
Entity 1.6 UE and 1.39
Yelo by xbox7887
Tdtl Editor by Turk645 and DeTox

Thank you:
Neodos x 10 for testing, extensive SLC troubleshooting, phmo research
Dragonfire for testing
Rocky for totally sweet Blast-a-matic model

Patch Containment.
Remnant Samurai

Re: Trampoline I

Post by Remnant Samurai »

Sweet another extremely random mod from you good work :D
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Yay! You released it! This was a fun map :D
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Awesome! When you release a map pack we're all gonna have a bash on xlink or xbc :D
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

Rocky wrote:Awesome! When you release a map pack we're all gonna have a bash on xlink or xbc :D
We'll have to announce it on here when that happens :D
SeeingNight

Post by SeeingNight »

me and Steven played this and It took a while to let us actually play together w/out 1 of us lagging out...
and when we did get it to finally let us play together it was very laggy and hard to play and It was just me and him :/

oh I thought the mod was kinda cool but the player needs more control but that's not your fault
and you forgot to say that the bruitshot shoots a stick that when it explodes emits a soccer ball
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

The brute shot should not be on the map.... It causes system link problems and was taken off the default weapon spawns. That is the reason for the lagging out. Be sure to leave weapons on map default. You should only have the laser and the Blastamatic. I'll take another look to make sure I removed it.

I can also try adding some airborne acceleration, although that may weaken the laser's use.
socrates

Post by socrates »

idk if its possible it might be in the meta editor of the grav lifts somewhere but if the lifts effected grenades also. as equipment spawns and as the projectile. make some stickeis bounce around the map so that people pick them up automatically and then when they throw them they arc with the gravity lift. im not sure if that might be easier to aim because they would move with the player or if it would make it nearly impossible to stick someone but it sure would be fun to have some stickies flying around while your trying to shoot people.
also i played this by myself to test it out (isnt that fun alone) but it lagged a little with just me in the game. idk if it was all of the gravity lifts or if it had something to do with the shader/skin on the boxes but it was definitely lag.