BioDrop

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
CaptainPoopface

Re: BioDrop

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Arrrr! Why? Haven't you done that a few times now? You should be proud of your work and let it proliferate instead of deleting it. It seems like most people's interest in h2 ebbs and flows. When halo 4 comes out, there may be a resurgence of interest. There usually is when a new halo comes out. You'll be back, and we'll be waiting. ;-)
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

An encrypted patch can be circumnavigated I know demonic had a method, something as simple as making another patch I think.
other wayz is h4x, make a encrypted patch of a clean (or almost clean, like a minor meta edit) map, compare both in hex.
encrypted maps, shesh, Mr D baggery
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Encryption doesn't change tag ids so a lot of it can be reclaimed by comparing against the original map but i don't know about added tags...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

obfuscates tag_paths, and changes a few header values to cause load failures in modding apps, but beyond that..? The meta will all be there, so will the raw
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

JacksonCougar wrote:obfuscates tag_paths, and changes a few header values to cause load failures in modding apps, but beyond that..? The meta will all be there, so will the raw
meh, entity's source code is out there. You could probably step through loading the map and restore the map to editing state without too many hours of works.
CaptainPoopface

Maybe, but the whole idea was to save time and use some well-done weapons, projectiles, effects and models to make the game feel a little different. I'm not sufficiently experienced at effect editing and don't have RTH, so it would take prohibitively long for me to try and make, e.g., an orange-flavored plasma rifle with orange plasma bolts and orange effects coming off of them. I also would like to partition Terminal into a few smaller maps and would prefer to do it on an interesting skin.

Darn H2 modding secrecy. I've tried making a patch from an encrypted map and found no joy decrypting that way.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

I think I remember now, I think the logic works
Take a clean terminal and make a encrypted patch
Use the patch to make an encrypted map
Use this E map as a base and make a normal patch to return E map to Clean map
Use this patch on modded map ignore serenity whinging
Give me access to the most attractive female in your family if this works.

@ everyone else; does this sound right
CaptainPoopface

This sounds clever, and I tried it, but I found out that my Biodrop map is corrupt. Does anyone have the patch or the funky executable that applies it? I was only able to find it on iBotPeaches' iBotModz site from when he put together the Phantom Map Pack. The link in this post has expired, obviously.

I will try your trick on the Coagulation 3volved map, since that also has some cool assets in it that I would like to use.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Maybe my method is wrong, try the patch with out these shenanigans, sometimes a patch can corrupt during DL maybe try again, sorry I personally don't have this map patch.
Let me know if you, open up havork
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

CaptainPoopface wrote:You'll be back, and we'll be waiting. ;-)
hahahahaha, yes! I don't have much to contribute here, but that comment made me crack up.
Remnant! We were the last stand.