=Jurassic Ravine= by DoorM4n

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
DoorM4n

=Jurassic Ravine= by DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey Guys,

Today I present Jurassic Ravine, an ambiance mod for beavercreek. I have always wanted to make a jungle map, but there were some technical problems with flooding a map with trees and brush. Thanks to the awesome guys at RemnantMods, we can spawn almost an unlimited amount of items. The limit is as far as the Xbox RAM and .xbe will allow, which is pretty damn far. Anyhow, I think I really pushed the limits of beavercreek in spawning over 50 palm trees, 100+ shrubs, and the giant canopy. I lost track at some point, as I was going trigger happy on adding scenery everywhere I saw empty space. Beavercreek doesn't get enough love from the modding community, and I've personally never made a beavercreek mod. As I was editing this map, it took me back to the years before advanced modding. I felt like I was modding back in the early days of Halo 2 modding. In the end, I wanted a new ambiance for beavercreek without a glamorous new custom map, and I'm very pleased at how this turned out. The high brush, palm trees, and custom jungle and temple sounds take you back to a prehistoric land. I played a slayer match on here and really enjoyed the new combat strategy that the map requires now that your enemy can trample through tall shrubbery or hide in it. But I'm a little biased. haha. Please take the time to play Jurassic Ravine, and I am confident you'll enjoy it as much as I did making it.

•New Environment
•Original Weapons
•Full Custom Map Skin
•Custom Dinosaur Jungle and Temple Sounds
•Custom Sky and Slight Fog

Minor Bugs
Some gameplay lag from all of the items spawned--nothing too distracting, IMO.

• Remnant Mods users! All of you! You know who you are! Way too many to list. Thanks for answering all my questions and supporting my efforts!

• Program Makers! Pokecancer for Entity, troymaclure for his edited version of Entity, Darkshallfall for Onyx, Swampfox for ADI, farklem for Dothalo, Ironforge for Serenity, Low8 for SPPF, Fantastic Six for all of the Ubertools, XZodia for Yelo Neighborhood, Xbox7887 for Yelo and RTH, and Click16 for his Mass Spawn Changer!

• Bungie! Modders wouldn't be here without Bungie, and we, therefore, owe almost everything to Bungie.

• kornmann for keeping HaloMods alive!

• Thanks Click16 for testing all this out with me man!

Visit Us!
http://www.remnantmods.com
http://www.halomods.com
Last edited by DoorM4n on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
DoorM4n

Re: =Jurassic Ravine= by DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I realize this map is nothing special for the modding community. I made it very quickly because I really wanted to make a jungle map. Don't worry, Im working on another one with A LOT more up my sleeves. :)
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

This looks awesome. Going to fire this up as soon as I get a chance. Great work as usual!
neodos

Post by neodos »

Aka how to make beaver creek look absolutely stunning!
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Fired this up today. You really dressed it up nicely for the jungle theme. The ambient sounds add a lot to the environment. My only suggestion would be to make it a little darker, but I can do that with the lightmap tool. I'm also tempted to make it all the way dark and bring in flashlights. The interior of the bases looks great. It's a complete transformation, an excellent skin.

If I wanted to make it a little less laggy for system link, is there an easy way, e.g., thinning out the canopy at the top of the map?
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

CPF thanks for testing out the map! I appreciate the criticism. I did notice there was a bit of lag from all the things spawned. I think the best way to go about reducing it is to null some of the palm trees and the bushes from the scenarios tag. I only used one tree for the canopy and I just stretched the model quite a bit to get the effect of a canopy. Hope that helps.

BTW, WTF happened to my pictures??