New Mombasa MPC

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
XZodia
Staff

New Mombasa MPC

Post by XZodia »

So I made a mod.

You know what it is.

It is awesome.

Download
Part 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/mjykg ... Bridge.zip
Part 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/xm53f ... Part_2.zip

XBC tomorrow?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
CaptainPoopface

Re: New Mombasa MPC

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I swoon for your great attractiveness.

So human players can win by killing X number of AI players, and vice versa? Will the AI keep respawning or stay dead?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Unfortunately, no AI kills don't count to your score. However, you can make a gametype which takes points away for deaths and thus he who dies the least is the winner...
You can however choose which AI you team up with eg Yellow team is Marines, and I have a list of the rest in the scnr plugin:
Red - Default
Blue - Player
Yellow - Human
Green - Covenant
Purple - Flood
Orange - Sentinal
Brown - Heretic
Pink - Prophet

As for respawning that would be something you would need to change yourself, but there is a flag you can tick in AI Squads called "Respawn Enabled" which might do this for you...
There is also a variety of other interesting variables to play with in AI Squads.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Wow, such great work XZodia! Im not sure if I can get on tomorrow, but count me in for a future game. I cant wait!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
CaptainPoopface

Keeps timing out when I try to download even just one of the two files. It looks like it's downloading, but after several minutes of transferring, the message at the end is that it timed out. Also looks like about 10MB per minute, which means a fairly long download for SP maps. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an alternate hosting option? Is it too big to be a patch?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

It is a ~60mb patch.
As for alternate hosting, the ftp server is the best available I would have said.
If your struggling, I could send it to you directly, or try and setup a torrent?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Part 2 is now complete, if you had downloaded from the ftp, redownload because that was a beta version...

I've uploaded to mediafire:
Part 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/mjykg ... Bridge.zip
Part 2 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/xm53f ... Part_2.zip
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Just played part 1 last night and had a blast! I was so impressed. Spawning was sometimes a bit glitchy on XBC and the AI sometimes didn't appear, but for the most part, it ran very smoothly. It would be so awesome to have a map pack with the entire campaign although it may not be fully worth the time to convert every map unless converting is a breeze.

Regardless, this is awesome and I hope we find the time to play campaign with 8 people sometime. 16 player campaign is my dream, but 8 will do. :P
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I'm glad you had fun with it =)

It is fairly straight forward to convert a map, although there are still a few pain points, like entity's bsp viewer messing up ai squads and entity getting confused during a build after the bsp order is changed...

I'll be around to play all this week, just send me a message. Part two has had all its AI upgraded to 'Major' level which basically means, they can and will kill you unless you kill them first.
The marines are so good, they are capable of destroying the wraiths own there own lol.
CaptainPoopface

I'm really curious if all the AI works over system link. Could you try the room in alpha gas giant with the spiral ramp and flood infections / exploding cauliflower guys? With the heretic showdown in the hangar? The prophet and his endless stream of elite swordsmen? Can there be two Tartaruses in the final throwdown? I'll bet his shield is scripted, but that's not so bad. I remember T Beezie showed a video with many Tartari going at it, pounding away at everything.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Most of the AI worked fine in MPC, the only thing where it really didn't work very well is when a eney ai would be surrounded by say +5 players, we had once MPC game with 16 players, the elites didn't know where to look & shoot when they were surrounded by too many players, as if the ai just isn't sure what to target which make sense since it never was mean to handle so players.

If I recall correctly the cauliflower flood, the one that explodes to release small ones, crashes in multiplayer.

Other than that, certain script ai may not spawn, or so, we had to disable the cienamtics scripts because that would cause the game to crash on MPC.