-=Weapons Depot=- *Video Update*

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
DoorM4n

-=Weapons Depot=- *Video Update*

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey Guys!

Today, I release something that I hope will simplify the process of making a mod. As we all know, taking up a mod is a really tedious process and just thinking about making a full mod sounds exhausting. But! I really enjoy modding! I really enjoy the aspect of designing a map: making what seemed familiar into something new. I imagine y'all enjoy that aspect a lot as well. The frustrating parts for me were getting the weapons correct. The weapons, whereas fun seeing the production stages, can be some of the most troublesome and frustrating aspects. I know modding is not the most popular thing these days, but I hope to spark some renewed interest in it. I hope that y'all may feel compelled to make some map skins or create some tactical combat situations. Whatever it is, we'll be happy to see it.

I have released here 28 new weapons--most from Counter Strike Source. Yup, 28! All weapons are completely independent of each other--except for some minor tags (including HUD)--and almost all have custom sounds and custom HUD. I made this because I hope to simplify--in my opinion--one of the most troublesome parts of modding. I find the most pleasure in making a new atmosphere and ambiance for my maps. With these weapons, you can focus on making a new ambiance without the hassle of weapons. (Starting to sound like a TV salesman) These weapons would go really well with a simple map skin or an all out mod. Just save the meta and build!

Steps to Use the Weapons
1. Patch Ascension using SPPF or Serenity
2. Open Ascension in the provided Entity 2.1.15 (thanks to troymac1ure)
3. Go itmc tag and select the weapon you want.
4. Select Recursive, Parsed, and Sound. Save Meta.
5. Then open your own map and build meta!
6. Be sure to then link the itmc in the scnr tag!
Tweak minor variants in the weapons if interested.

Feel free to use any or all of these weapons in your maps! Hope y'all find a good use for these!

Here is the weapon list:

Handguns
Glock
USP
P228
Desert Eagle
Five-Seven
Elite Beretta

Shotguns
M3 super 90
Auto-Shotgun Xm1014

Sub-machine Guns

MAC10 - Uzi
TMP
MP5
UMP
P90

Assault Rifles
Galil
FAMAS
AK47
M4A1
SG552
AUG

Sniper Rifles
AWP
Scout
SG550
G3/SG-1

Machine Guns
M249
Minigun (not from CS)

Miscellaneous

CS Frag Grenade Variant
Knife
Parachute (not from CS--hold R while looking down and falling)

Video of the Parachute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuJpxjQ ... e=youtu.be

Thanks y'all!
Couldn't had made this without Bungie, Entity, CounterStrike Source, ADI, DotHalo, and Remnantmods!
Last edited by DoorM4n on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
XZodia
Staff

Re: -=Weapons Depot=-

Post by XZodia »

Cool, I take it the tags are all renamed if they are ready to transfer?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Awesome. Will be trying this soon. Wondering if you achieved a slow descent for the parachute using effect accelerations... :shock:
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Awesome. Will be trying this soon. Wondering if you achieved a slow descent for the parachute using effect accelerations... :shock:
I couldn't find a way to make the model upright and still work as it does now. So I edited the trigger function of a needler to gently give you enough lift without actually lifting you off the ground. You must look down for the model to look decent. Otherwise, when you run around it looks ridiculous. I think it would work really well as a default 3rd weapon on an aerial map with falling damage--which I am working on which I posted in the Halo Photography thread. Hopefully I will be able to find a way to make the banshee get destroyed without kill the masterchief--making it so the masterchief would die upon hitting ground or pull out his parachute to allow him to survive to get another vehicle before getting blown up by his opponent.

XZodia wrote:Cool, I take it the tags are all renamed if they are ready to transfer?
Yup, everything is renamed and ready to go. I know this because the map's weapon tags you are seeing were injected from my actual modded map. This map has zero holes while my other had...well...plenty.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Just had a run around in this, awesome work!
Love the custom sounds and huds!
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Awesome!! Really glad you played it man.
CaptainPoopface

Re: -=Weapons Depot=- *Video Update*

Post by CaptainPoopface »

There is some great stuff in here! I especially like the MP5, one of the other submachine guns (sorry don't know which, looks like the MP5 a little but has a deep sound to it that I love), and the pistols, particularly the one with multiple shots per fire. The knife is awesome. I'd recommend shifting the FP jmad (very bottom of the weap tag, I think) so that the knife is visible in the right hand when idle. I had to do that with the shiv, which was the knife from Darkness in the Mist. Several of the weapon firing sounds produce a click at the end, as though the sound file ended on a non-zero crossing. Tiny complaint, no big deal. I would love to incorporate these in some mods. The retail smg seems like such a pathetic pea shooter next to these guns. The HUDs look nice too.