Flying Mod (alpha)

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
CaptainPoopface

Flying Mod (alpha)

Post by CaptainPoopface »

This is an unfinished mod I made for a flying master chief. In the past, flying biped mods didn't feel right because the walking mechanics interfered with the flying mechanics. You probably recall running sideways while trying to strafe in the air, and standing as if on an invisible platform. I figured out how to fix this: by changing the move forward, move backward, move left and move right jmads to "airborne," in addition to the other (Quick Flying Biped) changes.

Push crouch to descend, jump to ascend, and shoot the plasma pistol to boost forward. It only works for the master chief, although it wouldn't be hard to do for the elite.

I intended to make custom weapons for flying, but I guess many of the stock weapons would work.

Patch is for Ivory Tower. No pics available at the moment.
Attachments
H2Z_test.serenity
(6.16 MiB) Downloaded 367 times
DoorM4n

Re: Flying Mod (alpha)

Post by DoorM4n »

Awesome! I'll test this out today!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Just tested this out, and I think it is awesome. It is a much more natural flowing flying biped. Well done and it would be perfect for a super hero mod.
CaptainPoopface

Funny you mention that. I thought about attaching the flag sideways to the biped so it would be like a cape, but I could not figure out how to make it blow continuously in one direction. The [clwd] tag looked indecipherable to me.

I think I have some decent weapons for this mod now. Maybe it will be a candidate for a mod night.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Yes! I think headlong would be awesome and make it so we can throw buses and cars as grenades, hahaha
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

*Investigates clwd tag*...

Edit:
Seems fairly simple, it has a placement marker, so all you need to do is rotate the marker.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
CaptainPoopface

If you just sit and watch the flag standing upright, the "breeze" seems random in direction and magnitude. If you could make it constant magnitude and constant direction, I think it would work. Otherwise, the flag will randomly rotate and blow through the biped, or just dangle lifelessly, in rather non-heroic fashion.

But you are well-qualified to investigate. I would like to know if it can be done.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I don't recall it randomly changing direction...?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.