3 Thrones

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
CaptainPoopface

3 Thrones

Post by CaptainPoopface »

ADDENDA:
- This mod is tested and fully SLC.
- I intended it for KOTH games. There are custom hills on the map that require a flying conveyance to reach.
- You may freely use any of the tags in this mod, changing them however you want, and I don't even care about credit. Use them!
- If you hold A in the throne, you will go straight up. If you hold crouch, you will descend. The throne has precise hovering and maneuvering ability.

Here is a mod I made awhile ago. I wanted people to be inspired about new map possibilities. The idea was to make a decent flying map using the gravity throne, a versatile and under-used vehicle. There are three different thrones on this map. For each one, the weapon is fired with the R trigger, and the special ability is activated with the L trigger.

Orange throne:
Speed – fast
Weapon – laser
Special ability – temporary cloak

Green throne
Speed – slow
Weapon – banshee bomb
Special ability – high speed boost (can splatter other players in thrones but requires recharge)

Blue throne
Speed – moderate
Weapon – turret bolt
Special ability – rocket cluster

If you throw a frag grenade, it will spawn all three thrones at once. But I recommend picking up one of the thrones spawned from an item collection. If you are idle for too long in a vehicle that is spawned from an effect, after a minute or so the vehicle disappears and you respawn. I didn’t come up with an elegant way to force players into thrones or balance the air-to-ground combat between regular bipeds and those in a throne, but the biped runs much faster and has a deadly rocket launcher.

Attachments
3thrones.serenity
(4.85 MiB) Downloaded 369 times
Last edited by CaptainPoopface on Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ogrish

Re: 3 Thrones

Post by Ogrish »

Nice but wouldnt it be better done out on spacestation or gemini?
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Very nice a far better control system as opposed to just ripping off the banshie, I will plagurise this :D
CaptainPoopface

Ogrish wrote:Nice but wouldnt it be better done out on spacestation or gemini?
For the weapons involved and the speed of the thrones, I think they need a somewhat confined stomping ground. They handle sort of like wheelchairs from the future, which is how the prophets use them anyway. :-P Maybe the indoor part of gemini, or midship. But if you have a better idea, go for it. I think there are bsp conversions that would play well.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Like maybe production arm 2 conversion i got from door_man :D

I cant do any xbox testing right now, but i just used Entity 1.1.16 and default plugins to save and build the trones in this bsp out of bordom, and to look at your work on the thrones. Very nice :D
Attachments
production arm2.png
(971.15 KiB) Not downloaded yet
production arm2.png
(1.1 MiB) Not downloaded yet
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Ogrish wrote:Like maybe production arm 2 conversion i got from door_man :D

I cant do any xbox testing right now, but i just used Entity 1.1.16 and default plugins to save and build the trones in this bsp out of bordom, and to look at your work on the thrones. Very nice :D
:lol: I had sent him a pm regarding this map (NOTE THE MAP LINKED BELOW IS OUTDATED):
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1343&p=18835&hilit=hanger#p18777

I already have weapons, spawns, objectives, turrets, shields and doors, etc placed all over the map in my newest version (this map was what forced me to figure out the proper roatation code for objects, as I wanted guns leaning against the wall).

As my dad always said, "Great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ." your choice.
CaptainPoopface

That looks cool. Can you post a patch? It looks a little dark for combat in three dimensions. I don't know if the colored shaders on the thrones are luminous. If not, I would say either brighten the lightmap or attach a headlight to the throne or biped. I think there is also a high ceiling in this map, and a long elevator shaft that would have to be sealed.
I like it. Release?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

The elevator shaft isn't really a problem as it just goes up to the high ceiling (which has ledges on the sides which are reached by a secret teleporter in the map. It needs some minor work, such as 2 doors that still open when approached (1 is against a wall, not a biggie, but the other is the door under the shelf which leads down into another huge section of the map). I also thought it might be cool to have the controls actually open & close the hanger door, but I don't know how to do that. Lastly, I wanted to do a star wars theme, so I played with injecting a light sabre over the sword which looks like crap because I don't know what I'm doing, so I need to reinject the original sword over top.
The lightmap should be brightened a bit as well. I will try to fix these and post a patch soon.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

How do you stop doors from auto-opening when you approach them. I haven't looked at this for a long time nowand can't remember what I did.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

troymac1ure wrote:How do you stop doors from auto-opening when you approach them. I haven't looked at this for a long time nowand can't remember what I did.
Machine tag flags, not sure of the exact ones
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

In machine tag you can turn the movement off or change it from disc to platform, or you could spawn the door as a bloc then it wont open at all.

Blocs have different lightmap settings then machs so the bloc door will be darker then the mach door.