Mixed AI teams on Delta Halo

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
nullen

Mixed AI teams on Delta Halo

Post by nullen »

A boredom-induced mod I made for the Xbox version of H2. There are several biped swaps and most of the enemy encounters are on their own teams, which can lead to occasionally funny battles. I sincerely apologize for the lack of screenshots, I don't have a capture card and YELO's dev mode controls won't work for me.

Patch your 05a_deltaapproach.map with serenity and enjoy.
deltahalo.serenity
(866 Bytes) Downloaded 325 times
I might make a regret version if anyone's interested.
Ogrish

Re: Mixed AI teams on Delta Halo

Post by Ogrish »

sounds fun, for the next one you should add custom weapons, clips, and ammo locations.
Ive often wondered what the campaign would have been like with a different set, and smarter placement of A.I.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

Isn't it pretty much impossible to add tags to campaign maps? I remember trying a while back and certain tag types would just throw an exception.

Edit: Yup tried again, this time with the newer entity(2.1.14). Results are better, but some weird error still shows up, whenever i build the tag in, entity says something about the bsp not having lightmap id. Than it asks to fix it, so i said yes(i also tried no). Everything builds and in game my custom weapon shows up, but after a few seconds it black screens. I'm using 03a_oldmombossa btw.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

fuzzman wrote:Isn't it pretty much impossible to add tags to campaign maps? I remember trying a while back and certain tag types would just throw an exception.

Edit: Yup tried again, this time with the newer entity(2.1.14). Results are better, but some weird error still shows up, whenever i build the tag in, entity says something about the bsp not having lightmap id. Than it asks to fix it, so i said yes(i also tried no). Everything builds and in game my custom weapon shows up, but after a few seconds it black screens. I'm using 03a_oldmombossa btw.
I've modded SP maps before, I never had issues with building tags.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

Please tell me your secret
Click16

Post by Click16 »

fuzzman wrote:Please tell me your secret
Ugh... ... Entity 1.3.9?
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

Alright I'll give that a try

Edit: Yea still doesn't work, i don't if i'm doing something wrong or what but still throws some weird bsp doesn't have lightmap error.