Something for the skinners (my shader mapping research)

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

this is my research of bsp shader mapping offsets (surface textures) on deltatowers BSP 03 (the one where you spank regret in the temple)
this is not complete but does cover the majority of the internal and external surfaces of the temple
I hope someone find this useful to make for better, more indepth skins, .............................nobody wants this, this makes me sad :'( I'd of thought this would be a popular MPC conversion what with the never ending stream of honor guards so long as you don't pwn regret, oh well
Attachments
deltatowersBSP03 shader mapping.rar
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Its already mapped in the sbsp plugin.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

perhaps I misunderstand what shader mapping is then,
this is a list of offsets from the sbsp tag and next to the offset I have written what surface/area of the map it corresponds to
In prophet you change one bit and it changes every wall/surface with the original shader to the same thing with this list you can change smaller parts
example delta towers has many surfaces with dark grey scratchy and light grey scratchy with this list you can make the pillars one shader the walls another the Int20*20 walls bsp scenary another, you could make the roof beams look like wood the pillars look like stone and the sbsp scenary decorating bits on the pillars look like brick, if this isn't shader mapping what is it?