Sabu's Snow Skins *Updated 4/24/11*

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
sabu

Sabu's Snow Skins *Updated 4/24/11*

Post by sabu »

Sabu's Snow Skins

Thread Information:

Here you will find all the snow skinned maps done by me. The skins are not to die for and wont make you overdose out of your chair, they're just simply been altered to fit in with a wintery season.

Maps (From recent to old):

Beavercreek

Coagulation

Downloads

Beavercreek

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndsdz8scl1mjn2a
Coagulation

Code: Select all

http://www.mediafire.com/?o6re0h5p53qrqic
Last edited by sabu on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:43 am, edited 5 times in total.
☆ Click my signature to navigate back to Remnantmods Board index. Made by sabu. ☆
DoorM4n

Re: Coagulation - Snow - Skin

Post by DoorM4n »

WICKED! Nice skin job man! I wish I had my box to play this! :D
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

sabu wrote:Any type of criticism about this skin will be helpful for me in the future and not get me down in any way because at the end of it all, I'm new here and I don't know too much about Halo 2 modding anyways :oops:
Well, welcome to Remnantmods. Glad(and interesting) to see someone new join.

The skin looks great, if I had a 'criticism,' though it's more of a suggestion, would've been to skin the trees as well, as though they had minor snow buildup on them.
sabu

Post by sabu »

Aumaan Anubis wrote:
sabu wrote:Any type of criticism about this skin will be helpful for me in the future and not get me down in any way because at the end of it all, I'm new here and I don't know too much about Halo 2 modding anyways :oops:
Well, welcome to Remnantmods. Glad(and interesting) to see someone new join.

The skin looks great, if I had a 'criticism,' though it's more of a suggestion, would've been to skin the trees as well, as though they had minor snow buildup on them.
Thanks. The entire map is skinned, that means everything connected with it's surface, other than the bases themselves, is skinned. I didn't skin the bases because it seems as if they were already dark enough. As far as the tree, yeah in the pictures it actually looks like I did nothing to them or hardly anything at all but in the game if you're close enough or zoomed in, you could see the detail better. However the reason why you're not able to tell this from far away is because of the lightmap, I darkened it a lot :oops:

☆ Click my signature to navigate back to Remnantmods Board index. Made by sabu. ☆
neodos

Post by neodos »

Nice job, got a great ambience going on there.
Last edited by neodos on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

It looks really great! Probably one of the best snow mods I've seen.
sabu

Post by sabu »

Thanks guys for the responses. I spent not too much time on this but made sure it was reasonable for a finished product.

I've decided to re-edit the entire thread and change it from being one skin, to many skins. Thus meaning this thread was dedicated to a Coagulation skin only, seeing as I've now had a little more free time I'm just going to make this thread based for all my "Snow" skins, so anything snow related will be going here.
fuzzman

Re: Sabu's Snow Skins *Updated 4/24/11*

Post by fuzzman »

Hey i don't know if you froze the water in beavercreek, but it would be a cool touch. You could use that i can has cubes app, make your custom shaped box, and then give it a nice skin and properties of ice and then place it where the river is in the middle of the level.
sabu

Post by sabu »

fuzzman wrote:Hey i don't know if you froze the water in beavercreek, but it would be a cool touch. You could use that i can has cubes app, make your custom shaped box, and then give it a nice skin and properties of ice and then place it where the river is in the middle of the level.
That would be a pretty good add there. Nice idea, however I don't know how to use any of that stuff yet, someday I might :oops:
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

If you ever want some god rays peeking thru those clouds, just ask, and ill hook you up.

I can help you on the ice thing too if you want.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

Ogrish, how do you do those god rays?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Find and use this model: objects\cinematics\nature\underwater_caustic_light\underwater_caustic_light
You can resize it or edit the model or swap shaders on it, but nothing really needs to be done other then spawning it.

I usually use bloc to spawn it but you can use a scenery or a mach tag.

If you dont know what i mean, do this:
You will have to find the caustic light Hlmt in one of the Single player maps, and transfer it to your map. (Save and build)

In your map find a bloc, scenery, or mach that your not using, or dont need, like the cliff_tree scenery in coag, beavercreeck also has some tree scenery's.

So decide which to use, then go to the that tag, swap its Hlmt tag for the caustic light, then in bsp viewer move it where you want.
If you want to change its size, go to the model and adjust its X Min and max, Y min and max, and/or Z min and max, You can keep its cone shape, or flatten it, make it taller, wider, etc...

The magic is in the shader, really so you could use any model with the caustic light shader.
I believe the sky your using on beavercreeck has a good shader for this as well.
sabu

Post by sabu »

That also sounds like a nice addition. I'm trying to work my way up there and get comfortable with halo modding again, in the mean time I just wanted to re-skin the maps I liked and share them so when I or others go on Systemlink to play multiplayer, they have something different to play in.

Also, don't let me hold you up from any good ideas, if I have a download link up and you want to add some things in there that you think would benefit the outcome, then be my guest, ill just add you in the credits.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Thanx for the offer but, but ive kinda quit modding, sorta.

I get ideas and tinker here and there, but because of my lack to finish mods, and my bordem, I stopped.

Once i get inspired again ill try to put something out, but i have so many unfinished maps that need remade, i cant ever get caught up.
I would quit completly but it seems such a waste, after all ive learned, and once in a while ideas get in my head and stick there till i try them out.

But ill be around for a while, and ill help where i can, i might even finish a map someday.