Hanger 304

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
Ogrish

Hanger 304

Post by Ogrish »

Ok this is something simple i did over the last 24hrs, its just a quick map, looking for a mod to go with it.
Some of the shaders wernt part of the plan but after have many problems with the models i setteld for what glitched least.
This map needs to be tested for SLC

Updated: patch a clean gemini.
Still not complete.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Z1JI4B1

anyways heres some pics,
leave a coment please.

pics deleted by Ogrish, new pics will be posted shortly.
Last edited by Ogrish on Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
CaptainPoopface

Re: Hanger 304

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I like it. It feels like the inside of a ship. I think the two rooms with the boxcars in them could use a few more props, like some big crates stacked one and two high in a few places, sort of like in Elongation, so there can be upper and lower positions in those rooms. Maybe have a pelican parked in one of the rooms, and a box or two so players can get on it. Not sure if that would be too tall though. It would be cool if you could pass between the rooms through the boxcar, but then you would have to put a hole in the wall. Or you could fake it: in one of the boxcar rooms, orient one of the boxcars with the opening going into the wall, and on the other side of the wall, have another boxcar opening flush with the wall. Then you can put a 2-way teleporter between them, so you can pass "through" the wall that way.

It would be a good map for KOTH and small slayer games, my favorite gametypes. As far as weapons, I'm not sure what the map specifically calls for. Shotguns, magnums, and brute shots? Maybe one rocket launcher for kicks, and definitely some grenades. It would be fun to put my arson weapons on there, although I'm not sure if they are SLC.

I don't know what's up with the shaders. Is it that funky mirage you used? Even the boxcars disappear at certain viewing angles.

Anyway, it seems fun. Keep at it. :)
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Yeah it had some ploblems which im fixing, the point was to show that i made this in less then 24 hours.
That was total time of planning, model editing, placements, tag creation, and collision work.

If i can pull some random shit out my ass, just staying up one night and working thru an idea, and get this far, then most of you can too.
Please people, post some mods, lets get this place back on track.

Your lazyness shows, and its contagious, if i have to, ill make one random mod every two weeks, just to get some life back here.

They dont have to be perfect, you can fix em later or get help fixing them here that what this place is for.

Anyways thanx cptn, i was thinking it needed more boxs and stuff too, so this morning i coverted the bloc spawns that were showing the walls and all to scenery.
Then fixed the mirage, one wall still has some missing faces in the model still and its anoying.
I may not do to much else to this mod, unless its well liked, it was just a sample.

If i had a modeler, a weapons guy, a skinner, an effects expert, Modding Halo 2 populararity would return!
Last edited by Ogrish on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkShallFall

Post by DarkShallFall »

Ogrish wrote:If i had a modeler, a weapons guy, a skinner, an effects expert, Modding Halo 2 populararity would return!
Idk if you really ever paid attention to how Demonic, Cougar, and myself mod. We kinda learned how to do everything, so that we didn't need anyone else.
Take the time to learn shit dude, and you'll be able to make some legit shit. I started back on Onyx yesterday, and got rotation with the controller working.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Yeah i do a bit of everything, but honestly, between my A.D.D. and my deteriated memory, i can only remember half what i learn,
And i have to keep refering to tutorial made by you guys just to do the same things ive done last year.
But not to make excuses, i know i can complete something ausome myself, if i can stay interested in it long eough, but i get dissorganized,
then change tihngs, then i look over here at this shiny new thought, Soo shinney, Soo briight, My Precious....
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I like mapping best, I just think it would be cool, if i made some ausome battle areana, and someone else made some nice huds, and added some edits to go along with it, then someone else who, has made a nice weapons set, says, man ive the a nice set up for that map, Then someone else says it would be nice if it looked more like this and we tweaked this and that.

Then Something New refreshing pops up, and were all playing again.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Small update coming soon, fixed some textures, changed some shaders, added some crates, added a pelican to one room,
added some scenery to outside of hanger.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Ogrish wrote:I like mapping best, I just think it would be cool, if i made some ausome battle areana, and someone else made some nice huds, and added some edits to go along with it, then someone else who, has made a nice weapons set, says, man ive the a nice set up for that map, Then someone else says it would be nice if it looked more like this and we tweaked this and that.

Then Something New refreshing pops up, and were all playing again.
A modding clan is really useful in this stage. It's like an assembly line. It's really awesome when you can get one like that. Mods can get pumped out by the week. I hope you can find one!
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I cant get any help, its too bad to, cause im not good about going over all the details, I get an idea and some insperation and im off, but
The mod falls short of my expectations and get put on the back burner till i get a bug up my arse to work on em again.

I have enough unfinished maps to make Ogrish's Unfinished Mappack :(

I could seriously start and pump out a mod aweek completly different ideas from the last, each week, but i cant finish them in a week.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Dang man, that's unfortunate. What kind of things do you have trouble with? It seems like the Halo 2 Discussion forum may be the best place to ask questions about how to do things.
Remnant! We were the last stand.