Drift or Die - By Rentreg

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
rentreg

Drift or Die - By Rentreg

Post by rentreg »

The warthog's speed is enhanced to the point where it is hard to turn. the solution? YOU DRIFT :D .

ofcorse there is a downside.. the map is not completely flat and there are microscopic bumps between the chunks of the track that can send you 20 ft in the air if hit. thats why this track is only meant to be done in one direction.

its build around the original bsp..

I decided to keep the scarab's creepy green undergrow since it feels cool when you drive underneath

the map also has some secret features built in but not spawned. such as a longsword bomber with the ability to drop devastating explosives, a halo3 fuel rod ( projectile has the bouncing ability right up to a certain distance where it just explodes) and a rocket launcher that fires fireworks :D

sadly, my modding skills are a little sketchy so dont rant about how fail it is.

well.. thats all i have to say. heres the download! feel free to leave a comment if the link goes down .. or if you just want to :p

Drift or Die BETA :Dhttp://www.megaupload.com/?d=VGGZHIUW -8.39mb :shock:
Last edited by rentreg on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most users ever online was 152 on March 16th, 2012, 7:02 am
what happened on March 16th, 2012 at 7:02 am? 0_o
XZodia
Staff

Re: Drift or Die - By Rentreg

Post by XZodia »

could be funz...is it slc?
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Nice to see someone else modding.

This looks pretty fun, I'll have to try it out soon.
rentreg

Post by rentreg »

could be funz...is it slc?

sadly, no :| . this really is the first map i relelased and i know, it wasnt thought out properly.
was going to make it slc but i didnt, was going to dupe some collection chunks on the scnr tag but didnt, was going to iject cool custom new scenery like a tunnel or something but didnt. ill put a video up when i fix my firewire slot :lol:
Gary

Post by Gary »

I would suggest something that makes the mod feel more, "dynamic", such as moving machines, a few hazards here and there, some jumps, etc.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

It looks interesting, ill take it for a spin .
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Gary wrote:I would suggest something that makes the mod feel more, "dynamic", such as moving machines, a few hazards here and there, some jumps, etc.
I agree, but its a good start
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Looks remnant-competition-race-emblem-worthy.

Needs some active scenery, though. Rocket projectiles with a meteor or pelican mode, and such. Or for the the scarab to fire at a single part of the track every x amount of seconds.

It'd just be so satisfying to see Zach hit by a rocket and tumbling off the track.
Gary

Post by Gary »

If you do make the track more complex, then you should also throw in DS's Jet Hog.
Dragonfire

Post by Dragonfire »

You should duplicate the hog about 6 times and have each hog a little different, but make sure they all are matched up. Also try and put in a sky and maybe something to add a little class to it. The map looks really good. But its missing all the exciting stuff. Moving obstacles would be awesome, maybe make it Death Race-ish ;)
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Hmm, a race track map. I must play this. It shall amuse me. :hmm:
Track maps always amuse me. Perhaps because it's the first type of mods I ever encountered. :hmm2:

While the track design in a decent enough, the vehicle control annoys me. When you come out a drift it sometimes recovers violently. (snaps back, sometimes flips)
Also for SLC, you could just click the "Fix system Link" button in Entity's Tools menu which is all that you have to do since you used netgame spawns for the objects.
Also the warthogs should spawn immediately after being destroyed, waiting two minutes after destroying both isn't much fun.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Player spawns need to be near vehicles.
rentreg

Post by rentreg »

well first of all id like to say thanks for all the positive feedback :) wasnt sure if it would be considered a good map. ill be sure to continue with this mod for now. you can call the current version Drift or Die Beta.\

EDIT: ok ive just come back after experiencing a fatal issue. somehow i have evolved and no longer need my body

dupin a netgame ident has had its side affects.

looking back at one of demonic's tuts, the model node and shader customisation ones, he dupes the LODs and Parts in a slightly different way and it works for him. i have already tried many methods including demonic's to dupe the netgame equipment but the outcome remains the same. it also freezes if my shield tries to regenerate.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

Actually that problem above^ is a combination of bugs with Ascension usually happens after you add lightmap dependent machines to it. (scarab)
Although it's not caused by the machine itself, I haven't seen it occur until after such a machine is added.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Normally it's the head that's missing. :XD:
rentreg

Post by rentreg »

then in that case, ill need to transfer a few items to a fresh copy of ascension and copy the co-ordinates of the tracks to remake it.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

rentreg wrote:then in that case, ill need to transfer a few items to a fresh copy of ascension and copy the co-ordinates of the tracks to remake it.
Heh, if you change the sky, just do a BSP conversion. Use Bevercreek I had complete success with it. Even better- I can do the conversion for you. This way you don't have to worry about those gay issues, you get the right sky and bsp, I transfer the spawns, be sure all weapons are correctly transferred, and send you a patch.

I will be happy to help.
rentreg

Post by rentreg »

:shock: yes pls. im having floating head issues even with a blank map, im guessing the 3 machines in the centre of ascension are doing it this time.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

DemonicSandwich wrote:Actually that problem above^ is a combination of bugs with Ascension usually happens after you add lightmap dependent machines to it. (scarab)
Although it's not caused by the machine itself, I haven't seen it occur until after such a machine is added.
I had it happen trying to clone Teleporters (including the lights, etc). Same results as above. Didn't realize this was a common thing :?
rentreg

Post by rentreg »

meteor :)

rentreg

Post by rentreg »

hmm looking back at this map, i really should have used onyx but thats no use to me till i install RTH. how would i go about doing this?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Befor i got my debug setup working i used onyx to create and resize collision boxs, then id move it in Entity's bsp viewer, if i needed to resize it again id reopen map in onyx and save the changes, then reopen, and reload map in bsp viewer...

It was faster then scalling the tags manually.
rentreg

Post by rentreg »

definately. in this map i had only about 4 catagories of box sizes and even though, i was too lazy to give some of them full colision. onyx will help alot