Broken Delta

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Broken Delta

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

(Yes, I know it's crappy, you don't have to remind me)

A BSP Conversion

Patch :. Broken Delta
Base Map :. Zanzibar

First of all, hey. This is the second mod that I've decided to release. My first mod was one of those utter failure "first mods" that involved running fast, jumping high, rapid fire/infinite ammo mods. Though, I will brag, I was smart enough not to include Auto Aim. I also edited the lightmap and switched out the sky, which were the only redeeming qualities of the mod. But. enough of that mod. More about this one.

For those of you that don't want to read a wall of text, you can skip down to a summary at the very bottom of the page, but I'd still read the wall of text anyway :P

It's a BSP Conversion of the first BSP of Delta Halo. I have added backwash's sky, and along came the fog. It really adds a nice, though unusual, effect to the map. I've added active scenery that consists of banshees flying into cliffs. I've edited a couple weapon effects, specifically, the plasma rifle's and the needlers. I pride myself on the plasma rifle's, seeing as I'm not the best at effects. As well as it's Minimum and maximum rate of fire has been increased, but only to make it a weapon worth using. Thanks to BSP conversions not being perfect, I have been able to add custom(kidding, they're just corrupted) sounds! Personally, I believe that they sound better than the normal ones. The needler, rockets(I think), sniper rifle, plasma rifle, and battle rifle all have custom(corrupted) sounds. Though, here's where it gets weird, when you fire the battle rifle, and you are NOT in a building, there will be some random magnum shots resounding through the level. For the sniper rifle, I've just decided to assume that it has a silencer. I was able to add a death zone, and it's not that bad either. I think there's a place near the first base where you can jump off way in a corner, and not die. I think that I fixed it in a later version, but as I've said, those maps are corrupted, and I was forced to go back to an earlier version of the mod. This being said, I apologize that it isn't finished. There are some objective bugs that you should know. If you play territories, with 8 territories, about 3 or 4 should show up. It was my first time fixing objective locations, so, give me a break. As well, I suggest not trying KOTH, I didn't dare even try that one yet. As well, I did some weapon/vehicle placement, which should be sort of balanced.

I really tried to get the theme that the Halo was destroyed, and sort of floating, lifeless. I think I semi-achieved that atmosphere. I tried adding random fires around the map, but that didn't work. You can judge for yourself whether I did a good job.

I congratulate you for reading this wall of text, but now onto Pictures!

Pictures

As well, I think I should be congratulated on figuring out how to use Yelo's picture feature, lol.

SUMMARY OF ABOVE WALL OF TEXT
BSP Conversion
Active Scenery
Custom Sounds :wink:
Gametype Bugs
Working Deathzones
Edited effects

Please do NOT host at HaloMods, yet. I'd like to see the reaction it gets here, first.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Broken Delta

Post by JacksonCougar »

So huge o.0
*wonders how CTF would be...*
Grimdoomer
Admin

Broken Delta

Post by Grimdoomer »

Nice! Kepp it up :D
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Broken Delta

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

JacksonCougar wrote:So huge o.0
*wonders how CTF would be...*
Yeah, the I stopped the BSP at the mach bridge, so it's just those two bases. But, it's still pretty long. But if you're creative, you can get across the area without using the absent bridge. You need two people though.

Rocket Launcher + Ghost + perfect timing
DoorM4n

Broken Delta

Post by DoorM4n »

Pictures look awesome! I remember a time where EVERYONE used backwash fog as part of their map. Now that it's been long since I've seen a mod with it, it brings back fun memories. I will test it out and will add it to MMM.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
NotZachary82

Broken Delta

Post by NotZachary82 »

grrr

if only my h2c would work properly. i could do these kinds of things ...

but nice, though y backwash fog?
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Broken Delta

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

DoorM4n wrote:Pictures look awesome! I remember a time where EVERYONE used backwash fog as part of their map. Now that it's been long since I've seen a mod with it, it brings back fun memories. I will test it out and will add it to MMM.
Thanks, the pictures could look better, but JPG isn't the friendliest file type. And backwash fog/sky seems to add some sort of, "bloom?" I don't know, I'm not much of a graphics expert, but my mind seems to be associating the created effect with the word "bloom" that seems to be repeated at HM.
NotZachary82 wrote:but nice, though y backwash fog?
When I was making this mod, I was planning to add it to the Serenity Repository at HM. Therefore, mods in the repository need a story to go with them, or at least a description. I started thinking of one, and it popped into my head that Master Chief had destroyed the Halo. Yes, I have recently remembered/realized that Chief didn't destroy this Halo. But in the process of the mod, backwash fog appeared as though it went with that theme of being lifeless, silent, destroyed. Almost as if the explosion of the destroyed Halo had brought debris and dust into the air, obscuring the sky.
Rockymods

Broken Delta

Post by Rockymods »

Cool! I've always loved that structure for some reason :P
neodos

Broken Delta

Post by neodos »

Really nice, also seems like the BSP scenery has bloom but not the bsp which looks a bit wreid xD
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Broken Delta

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Allright, well, it seems to have been accepted allright, though nobody's downloading it :cry:

I'm gonna see how HM handles it.
NotZachary82

Broken Delta

Post by NotZachary82 »

downloading a mod just to look at it is such a hassle. there arent many edits that interest me here. a skin or two wouldve been nice ...
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Broken Delta

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

I know, it's harder to get people to play Halo 2 mods than it use to be. Also, I'm not so good at skinning.
ultama121

Re: Broken Delta

Post by ultama121 »

Link broken :lol: .
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

That's what happens when a mod is over 5 months old ...
Gary

Post by Gary »

NotZachary82 wrote:That's what happens when a mod is over 5 months old ...
Once i release my mod, its going to be uploaded to about 5 diff servers, filefront,mega upload, then 2 freehosts, and one my friend's Paid Server... yea, its never going to have a broken link.

And for the This mod, AIM Aumaan Anubis.
Here, click This Button to AIM him:
Aumaan Anubis
Staff

Post by Aumaan Anubis »

Yeah, you could press that button.
You could PM me.
You could press the AIM button under my name.

Or, all of us could realize that this mod probably wasn't worth the typing that I spent on making the release post.