[Mod][App] Onyx - Halo 2 Map Builder

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Re: [Mod][App] Onyx - Halo 2 Map Builder

Post by JacksonCougar »

I do not know why you would need to stream video at all.
xXF3RcHoXx

Post by xXF3RcHoXx »

Because its moar easy watch the video streaming in your computer instead of always watching the TV.
We are the last stand.
Aumman Anubis wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how a cat grooming defeats a failing economy.
[TT]

Post by [TT] »

People who have a wireless controller do have that kinda of purpose

As for me i do like seeing halo on the big screen that i just resently got, the 32inch vizio. but beside the fact the only reason why i want it to work is mainly to make sure that the whole thing is setup correctly instead of forgetting it then realizing that its effecting the application as well.
[Contact Me]
[color=#008000]Grimdoomer[/color] wrote: Firts we need to have a purpose for this app
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Got board and loaded the map up.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Ok so i was looking at the coll tags for the collission box's, and i noticed that after resizing a box, its phmo is changed, but not its coll.
So how is bullet collision working?
:shock: Secret :shock:
socrates

Post by socrates »

xxpenguinxx wrote:Got board and loaded the map up.
Did you get any splinters? and was the map fun? ...what exactly did you do? I see invisible ramp/platform I think and then did you shoot the windshield with the coll test gun?
TT wrote:The way i did it was run the debug communicator then run the debug app on the xbox
you converted to .xbe?

enough of my screwing around with grammar/mixed thoughts,

@Jzimmer09 - My computer is really slow.... that's what I was getting at
[TT]

Post by [TT] »

socrates wrote: you converted to .xbe?

enough of my screwing around with grammar/mixed thoughts,
XIG is the application ran on the xbox to become the debug xbox its a application you have to install "Der". the other is called xbox debug communicator, which is the main application required to communicate with the xbox using the pc which gets onyx to work.

If i got any of this wrong due correct me.
[Contact Me]
[color=#008000]Grimdoomer[/color] wrote: Firts we need to have a purpose for this app
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

This is a great project. Among the few RTH based apps that work perfect on Vista.
Although there is one bug I found.

The first poke takes milliseconds. However as you progress, the poke time considerably increases.
By the 30th poking, poke time has reached about 4 seconds and slows down any Youtube videos that are playing during that time.

Although restarting the app solves the issue.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Now that I am getting used to it, this program is VERY easy to use! The video tutorial has helped a lot.

Here is a picture of a upcoming map I am dedicated to complete.

NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I'm going to be honest, click. It looks awful atm. Try doing a detailed sketch of the map first, then attempt at modeling. You'll like the results a lot better.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

NotZachary82 wrote:I'm going to be honest, click. It looks awful atm. Try doing a detailed sketch of the map first, then attempt at modeling. You'll like the results a lot better.
Well there are errors I still haven't fixed yet.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

I cant get any Onyx maps to syslink. :?
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Ogrish wrote:I cant get any Onyx maps to syslink. :?
The chunks were cloned rather than added by another map.
A fix is in the works. Just continue with the project you have going.

Alternatively, you can read through this if you wish not to wait and want to fix SLC now.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Thanx, i was hoping that a solution is being worked on.
in the mean time ill fix my maps as sujested.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Solution complete. [link]

You still need to use Entity to "Fix System Link" to reference the new tags.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Can i have Onyx.src please.

Ive been trying to get onyx maps to syslink and they just wont.

I was wondering why i have to build in the collision_box bloc recursivly from the onyx map, overwrite the crate pallet, and crate spawns, just to get onyx to work with other maps.

I tried renaming the pallet, and other blocs,hlmts,shaders,models,colls,phmos,etc....
to the collision_box name, In another map and set them to spawn, but onyx dont see em.

So could you explain what Onyx looks for in map.
Reason: I want syslinkable resizable blocs, that i can resize with onyz.
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Sigh. You guys must have some seriously fuckered plugins to be having so many issues.

Just transfer the obstacles into your map. I haven't looked at how Onyx recognizes the collision object.
Attachments
Onyx + SLC fix.serenity
(1.57 MiB) Downloaded 320 times
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Thanx DS, it links fine. Please tell me what you did, and can you post your scrn plugin so i can maybe clone without breaking map.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

Ogrish wrote:can you post your scrn plugin so i can maybe clone without breaking map.
Just change the unused values to floats. Gash.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

So open in notepad and where it says unused, delete and type in float?
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

I did a test a while ago because of that rumor that Entity fucks up unused values.
My findings: It's utter bullshit. Unused transfer just fine.

Shit fucks up when there is an extra value, a missing value, or an incorrect value type in the plugin. (incorrect as in a bit16 where there should be a bit32, etc.)
Entity does not follow offsets or reflexive sizes. The offsets and sizes are purely for user reference.

It literally counts how many bytes-worth of data is in the tag based on the plugin. So if you are missing just one byte from a reflexive, the second chunk will be shifted one byte, the second is shifted two, and third moves three and so on.
scnr.ent
(90.91 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
My scenario plugin is a bit of mess, allota values not named because I only fix the reflexives I need to use, but at least it won't brick your map when you fix SLC.
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

O.
[TT]

Post by [TT] »

Yay system link while doing map edits in real time. Anyone up to show me a tutorial later on this saterday lol.
[Contact Me]
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

DemonicSandwich wrote:I did a test a while ago because of that rumor that Entity fucks up unused values.
My findings: It's utter bullshit. Unused transfer just fine.

Shit fucks up when there is an extra value, a missing value, or an incorrect value type in the plugin. (incorrect as in a bit16 where there should be a bit32, etc.)
Entity does not follow offsets or reflexive sizes. The offsets and sizes are purely for user reference.

It literally counts how many bytes-worth of data is in the tag based on the plugin. So if you are missing just one byte from a reflexive, the second chunk will be shifted one byte, the second is shifted two, and third moves three and so on.
scnr.ent
My scenario plugin is a bit of mess, allota values not named because I only fix the reflexives I need to use, but at least it won't brick your map when you fix SLC.
I had the same findings, both through trial & through looking at the source code.
Although I haven't looked through the new Meta Editor source, Prey told me that it will load the info from the offsets. I know that some of the offset values were off (wich never mattered before), so this may cause more issues now.

One other thing I found is that the plugins are still incomplete. I believe it was the SNCR plugin had at least one other reflexive that wasn't declared as such and therefore when cloning a chunk, the data that would have been accessed in the reflexive was just left out.
I'm sure this could cause some freezing issues.
The problem at the time was that the Meta Editor didn't use the offsets and the one reflexive had mutiple sub-reflexives and at least two of these accessed the same data area (pointers) but I couldn't write the plugin to do this. Can't remember all the exact details, but I know there was 100 bytes or so getting left out after a SNCR chunk clone.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

From what I remember Entity's fix slc doens't use the plugins at all, so that shouldn't have anything to do with it. I could be mistaken though.