warthog strafe

This is dedicated to all the mods the community wants to share!
Patches only people. No Map files.
socrates

warthog strafe

Post by socrates »

I had an idea a little while ago when i read the effect accelerating tutorial..warthog strafing..
with a little persistence and a lot of help from DS i got it to work pretty good..
when i started this a few days ago i wanted to press one of the triggers and make the warthog move ten or twenty feet in that direction..instead it spins a little (usually does a complete 360) and places you approximately twenty feet to either side and quite a little ways forward..however it works great and with some experience can be pretty fun to mess around with
also as a side note i plan to get a few of my friends on kai to get this and we all have a fun game of messing around with it, so obviously this works off host whether the host has it or not
but i request that if you use this via system link (kai or xbc) you warn everyone in the party beforehand... i do not want to help anyone cheat..no matter how funny or fun it is... thnx
Video - Stream

Download

..other than that its a .serenity patch have 3.2 or higher
also if you want to edit how it effects the hog change acceleration and duration in the effect tag of the original urban_air_tank and the urban_air_tank[2]
if you wish to edit the direction it moves you edit the l_sailpanel and r_sailpanel markers within the warthog model tag, if you want to change the angle that it propels you you must use quaternions to calculate the angle. i will attach the patch
Attachments
strafe_hog.serenity
(64.85 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Last edited by socrates on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eaton

Re: warthog strafe

Post by Eaton »

Interesting... :)
socrates

Post by socrates »

i noticed one or two things that needed editing..i will update them soon and i will also make 'alternate' maps in case you would prefer the 'strafe' in a different way (the way it was supposed to be) if i ever get around to getting it working like i wanted.
Gary

Post by Gary »

hmm, this is... interesting...
I am play around with this as I type, it is a bit odd. And defies the laws of physics...

Neat though.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Needs moar pics, mb I will get some after school for you.
socrates

Post by socrates »

video is up..shader swap is not part of mod... as you can read from intro to vid
the way he is flying is by pressing one trigger to flip the hog around and then timing it right so that when he presses the other trigger at the right time it launches you well across the map..
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

That's pretty awesome.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Can't watch it i need windows media player 11 >_>

Youtube mb plz? or download :o
DemonicSandwich
Trollwich

Post by DemonicSandwich »

The semi-auto trigger needs to have a trigger delay or make the effect extremely short and have an auto trigger with overheat.
Otherwise this strafing could be abused and/or even kill the occupants of the vehicle.

Right now it's not really strafing but more like rocketing around uncontrollably.
Model Customization Pt.01|Model Customization Pt.02|Bipd Attachments|True Marker Rotations
"I'm the h4x man! Skibby Dibby Dib YoDahDubDub, YoDahDubDub"
socrates

Post by socrates »

download link for video is up
neodos

Post by neodos »

Thanks for the download link!

That's very cool could make a snowboard thing with tricks with that :XD:
socrates

Post by socrates »

i am gonna be doing some tweaking with it ..what DS said makes sense it is too powerful i have a few ideas on how i can make it better...might add in some of mah flashing neons just to mix it up.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Add contrails like Gjsdeath did for his warthog that'd look awesome +credit for Gjsdeath ^^

Also i love your sig :XD:
socrates

Post by socrates »

hehe thanks i tried that with the contrail once..didn't work..i might have used the wrong one though.. i just swap the lens flare with a contrail right? what might be a good cont to use?
download link for .serenity updated
-a lot less spinning unless you hold it down you wont spin much
-it is now fully automatic (haven't gotten to overheat yet)
-duration on effect acceleration killed to nearly nothing so when you release trigger you stop accelerating..momentum keeps you going..funny how halo physics are actually similar to real ones... thnx for feedback, also if anyone tweaks this in a cool way I'd love to hear it.
have fun with it..be responsible though
heathen711

Post by heathen711 »

Hey guys, sorry about the video link no longer working (it was hosted off my site, but due to technical difficulties (the server hosting my site got hacked and totally f***ked over) so my site is reduced to a backup simple html for now) so please don't yell at soc over it. i'll try and get the video up and running soon so you can view it, maybe i'll youtube it, but youtube video quality sucks... i donno, but over all, sorry!
socrates

Post by socrates »

luckily i had the patch backed up as an attachment on this site, it's also on my file front not that any of you know me on there... socrates214 i believe if you wanna search around, i am still working on some stuff, not sure what else I'm gonna add to this got a lot of stuff going on at school and such atm: EOI's, block tests, semester tests, etc.
thnx for the explanation heathen totally forgot that your site went down and it killing the vid link to this... possibly get a new vid of the newer version? maybe? lol ill talk to you about it later..