SCS: Scenery Chunk Saver

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
DoorM4n

Re: SCS: Scenery Chunk Saver

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey fellas,

Have there been any bugs in this app? I believe I have found a bug. :( I load my test map (which is the most recent Tortuga map) and I save the scenery, the crate, and the machine chunks. I went to an older version of my map without bugs, loaded the crate ecm file and in my test map first, I had 202 crate chunks, and when I opened the older version (with the same amount of chunks) it only shows 55 crate chunks. I noticed that my scenery pallet has 55 chunks, though (and I can promise you I saved it correctly under my crate.ecm. It almost looks like it has problem reading my map chunks. I know that both chunk counts are the same but when I try to load my ecm files, it miscalculates. It misread my machine chunks, which were 208, and it also said 55.

Got any ideas? My map being fuxord?
Remnant! We were the last stand.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

DoorM4n wrote: 55 55 55.
Sounds like thats the limit, although this was made before the "bang it on the end/ split scnr" method, I'm sure I've used this on headlongs crate placements (70+ chunks) It sounds like the split scnr method is causing the problem
I don't know how to help
...erm .....erm.....have you tried duping your scnr (to unify the scnr) and trying again
I'm assuming you have been using the split scnr method with the numbers involved.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Oh man, that sounds very correct. I bet it was the duplicated scnr method that was the problem. I wonder what Jackson and Demonich have to comment on this? 8-)
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Tacos :]

I am almost 100% sure that it's saving the values from the first scenario it finds.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Using the duplication method, it would be the first SCNR it finds, since the first index listing is still the same, just the data is moved to the end.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

UBER bump! Jackson! How hard would it be to get a netgame equipment chunk saver?
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Really easy... but I thought I made a tool to do that already. CRF or something.

Edit: Okay, so I'll work on a tool tommorrow for you.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

I have over 100 apps and I dug through them all looking for that tool. I don't have that tool, but man, that tool would be so great. Thanks for making it for me! I custom spawned and rotated 100 trees on coag only to have my map freeze. Looks great in bsp viewer! If all else fails, it could be the first mod ever that isn't meant to be played but looked at through bsp viewer. What fun! :P