Squiggle

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
XZodia
Staff

Squiggle

Post by XZodia »

Edit Functions!

I've included every function I could find!

Attachments
Squiggle v2.zip
(299.89 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Squiggle Source.zip
(180.79 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
Screenshot 2014-08-10 22.43.59.png
(27.6 KiB) Not downloaded yet
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
CaptainPoopface

Re: Function Editor

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Ahhh that's cool! I can see the longitudinal shape of the brute plasma bolt in that function plot. Curious to poke around with some of the other chunks.

You are on a roll lately!
XZodia
Staff

Re: Squiggle

Post by XZodia »

Update!

I've added every function I could find!

Supporting all these tags:
  • bipd
    bloc
    crea
    ctrl
    eqip
    garb
    mach
    proj
    scen
    vehi
    weap
    effe
    jpt!
    lens
    ligh
    MGS2
    prt3
    PRTM
    tdtl
CaptainPoopface

Wow, I didn't know some of these tags even had functions on them. Time to put on the mad scientist jacket and goggles and see what happens!
CaptainPoopface

I think I've been through all the tags now... Fun to look at this stuff. I'm a little confused though. Some functions show what looks like a linear increase, although the Y min and max values are the same, effectively making the function constant. Not sure why it's mapped that way. There are functions that look linear that also don't make sense, namely the ones that are scaled by something else in the game (e.g., the needler ammo in the FP model). I can't think of anything I would do with that at the moment though.

The numeric up-down buttons don't seem to work, and when I try to change the Y min and max (looking at the covenant turret MGS2 radius for example), the save doesn't stick. Is this shared data somewhere? I have not yet loaded my tests on the xbox - I'm trying to make a nice round MGS2. Edits to the bezier curve for radius and color do seem to stick, so I'm optimistic about that.

Liking it so far...
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Some functions show what looks like a linear increase, although the Y min and max values are the same, effectively making the function constant.
It's important to remember that the functions were created by a people and so discrepancies like that are very likely. It's possible that it's my mistake but I did check it as much as I could.
CaptainPoopface wrote:There are functions that look linear that also don't make sense, namely the ones that are scaled by something else in the game (e.g., the needler ammo in the FP model).
Could you give me a bit more explanation as to what you mean by this?
CaptainPoopface wrote:The numeric up-down buttons don't seem to work, and when I try to change the Y min and max (looking at the covenant turret MGS2 radius for example), the save doesn't stick.
Do they save for any tags? Or is it just the one you mentioned that doesn't save?
(Can't remember but I may not have implemented the save for certain function types, but I thought I had done them all...)
CaptainPoopface wrote:Is this shared data somewhere?
Some tags do share functions, refer to the relevant reflexive in entity to see if data is shared.

I can't look into it just now as I'm AFK but I will try to later this week.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Could I get a copy of the source to this?
CaptainPoopface

I tried changing radius function a few different ways on the mgs2 for the covenant plasma turret, and all my changes resulted in an invisible mgs2. Can you see if you can change the shape of an mgs2? You'll probably want to slow down the projectile a lot to see it. The changes did save in the editor. What functions have you successfully changed?

I'll clarify my previous post soon.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Had a look at a few things,

The needler ammo function looks correct to me, I'm assuming it is linking the amount of ammo in the current clip to the number of shards on the back of the needler model.

You were completely right about the number inputs, I had forgotten to implement most of them...>_<

I have successfully changed the tint of the teleporter plasma drift effe (tiny balls of light at the base of the teleporter) from green to purple.
You might be able to make use of the functions in that effe for your ball of light.

Anyway, I've uploaded v2 and the source to the main post.
Let me know if you have any more problems.