AI in Multiplayer Trainer

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

For the Archives.

This trainer makes AI in Multiplayer work, without breaking team scoring.
Attachments
H2AIMP.zip
(350 Bytes) Downloaded 276 times
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
CaptainPoopface

Re: AI in Multiplayer Trainer

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Would it be possible to merge this etm into the standard Yelo etm file? Or add the option to this trainer to bypass the map checksum and enable the camera? There are times in an AI mod when it would be nice to be able to teleport.

Because I always run the trainer with map checksum bypassed, I never signed any of my mods. So playing AI vs. non-AI mods requires a reboot to change which trainer I'm loading.

If it's a big deal, don't bother; I guess I can download, sign and re-upload all the mods I want to play. But if it's low hanging fruit, I would appreciate it, and probably others too.

Thank you (and xbox7887) for releasing this.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

Apply this patch I made to a clean halo 2 xbe, and use that with the yelo trainer. Just DON'T enable ai in mp or bypass map checksum with yelo and it will work fine with the camera.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Grim I tried that patch and it didn't work.
Also, what your suggesting won't work either because the yelo trainer disables the scoreboard regardless of what options are enabled.

Xbox7887 told me that this trainer bypasses the checksum, are you sure it doesn't?

Unfortunately, we are missing the source code for the yelo trainer or it would have been incorporated.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

I got a fail to load error in the lobby with the map unsigned. Signed and re-uploaded and it worked fine. I don't suppose we could run a trainer in front of Yelo that un-disables the scoreboard? I have no idea if trainers can be cascaded like that, or if they just fight over the same memory locations.

It's possible I'm mistaken about the map checksum bypass - for a simple test, I could just do a quick edit and try to load the unsigned map. But signing was the last difference between not loading and loading.

@Grim: Thanks for making that patch. I would just as soon permanently disable map checksum in the xbe. Is there any consequence for playing on system link with clients who have non-identical xbe's?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

It might be possible to un-disable the scoreboard over debug using yelo neighborhood...
I can't look into it just now but if you remind me in a week or so I can do.