Entity 2.1.24

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Entity 2.1.22

Post by troymac1ure »

I found ut.Read() does access the map file stream. I will look into a fix.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

XZodia wrote:The bsp viewer garbles AI Squads >_<
I've never looked at the AI Squads before. How is it garbling them?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I don't know exactly, but saving any changes cause the reflexive to be unusable in the meta editor and freezes in game.
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Maybe try saving the tag and then compare to a clean tag with the meta comparer?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Also, dont try the update. I released last night, but I thought I messed something up. It ends up you don't want to look at tags in the meta Editors with Parsed checked... I'll look into it more.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

So apparently Entity can't view the 2nd sbsp in New Mombasa?
Appears to be a problem with reading a G8B8 bitmap...

This hack allowed it to load, with no visible problems:

Code: Select all

if (offset > tempb.size) offset = tempb.size;
Insert before:

int tempsize = tempb.size - offset;
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Quick List:
* AI Squads, corruption
* Parsed button, messes up tag sizes
* Bitmap, G8B8 reading issue / Mombasa sbsp #2 loading

The first page still has 2.1.23 for manual download, but beware to uncheck parsed before using ME/ME2 on tags.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

So when scanning tags with [Parsed], the tag size is calculated by the main size + size of each reflexive * reflexive count. Referenced reflexives (reflexives in another tag) get counted as if the data is stored in the tag.
When scanned without [Parsed] checked, it just uses the actual tag size from the index.
With [Parsed], any data not addressed by the plugins is ignored, therefore causing size differences in tags when reflexives are not listed in the plugin or when reflexives are padded.

What I have added to Entity is an additional plugin field called "padalign". I have re-tansferred Grim's plugins from his .CS files to include this update and will upload them to the plugin server on release.

Having tried this has already corrected at least 2 plugin types (VEHI and SCNR).

EDIT:
Here is a list of aligned reflexives according to Grim's work. I know it doesn't show the parent tags, but I figure it should be easy enough to find these and add the padalign attribute to other plugins.

#This file contains all the boundry aligned reflexives
BIPD: <struct name="Dead Sphere Shapes" offset="644" visible="true" size="128" padalign="16">
COLL: <struct name="3D Nodes" offset="4" visible="true" size="8" padalign="8">
COLL: <struct name="Planes" offset="12" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
COLL: <struct name="Leaves" offset="20" visible="true" size="4" padalign="16">
COLL: <struct name="2D Nodes" offset="36" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
COLL: <struct name="Surfaces" offset="44" visible="true" size="8" padalign="8">
COLL: <struct name="Edges" offset="52" visible="true" size="12" padalign="12">
COLL: <struct name="Vertices" offset="60" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
LTMP: <struct name="Section Palette" offset="8" visible="true" size="1024" padalign="64">
PHMO: <struct name="Rigid Bodies" offset="56" visible="true" size="144" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Spheres (shape)" offset="72" visible="true" size="128" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Pills (shape)" offset="88" visible="true" size="80" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Boxes (shape)" offset="96" visible="true" size="144" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Polyhedra or Phmo parts" offset="112" visible="true" size="256" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="MOPPS" offset="168" visible="true" size="1" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Permutations" offset="4" visible="true" size="12" padalign="4">
PHMO: <struct name="Rigid Bodies" offset="4" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
PHMO: <struct name="Nodes" offset="200" visible="true" size="12" padalign="4">
PRT3: <struct name="Unknown139" offset="44" visible="true" size="4" padalign="4">
SBSP: <struct name="Planes" offset="8" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="BSP2D Nodes" offset="32" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="Collsion Model" offset="56" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="Vertices" offset="28" visible="true" size="12" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="Index Reorder Table" offset="168" visible="true" size="1" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="3D Nodes" offset="112" visible="true" size="8" padalign="8">
SBSP: <struct name="Planes" offset="120" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="BSP 2D Nodes" offset="144" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="Surfaces" offset="152" visible="true" size="8" padalign="8">
SBSP: <struct name="MOPP Code" offset="496" visible="true" size="1" padalign="16">
SCNR: <struct name="Script String Data" offset="432" visible="true" size="1" padalign="4">
SCNR: <struct name="Scenario Kill Triggers" offset="560" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Unknown" offset="44" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Unknown" offset="60" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Unknown" offset="76" visible="true" size="10" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Shader Effects" offset="84" visible="true" size="20" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Unknown" offset="116" visible="true" size="4" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Resources" offset="44" visible="true" size="8" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Levels Of Detail" offset="0" visible="true" size="10" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Layers" offset="8" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Passes" offset="16" visible="true" size="10" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Implementations" offset="24" visible="true" size="6" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Remappings" offset="32" visible="true" size="4" padalign="4">
VEHI: <struct name="Havok Vehicle Physics" offset="760" visible="true" size="672" padalign="16">
Last edited by troymac1ure on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey, quick question, which entity allows for editing team spawns in the bsp viewer? Or was there ever one?
Remnant! We were the last stand.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

troymac1ure wrote:So when scanning tags with [Parsed], the tag size is calculated by the main size + size of each reflexive * reflexive count.
When scanned without [Parsed] checked, it just uses the actual tag size from the index.
With [Parsed], any data not addressed by the plugins is ignored, therefore causing size differences in tags when reflexives are not listed in the plugin or when reflexives are padded.

What I have added to Entity is an additional plugin field called "padalign". I have re-tansferred Grim's plugins from his .CS files to include this update and will upload them to the plugin server on release.

Having tried this has already corrected at least 2 plugin types (VEHI and SCNR).

EDIT:
Here is a list of aligned reflexives according to Grim's work. I know it doesn't show the parent tags, but I figure it should be easy enough to find these and add the padalign attribute to other plugins.

#This file contains all the boundry aligned reflexives
BIPD: <struct name="Dead Sphere Shapes" offset="644" visible="true" size="128" padalign="16">
COLL: <struct name="3D Nodes" offset="4" visible="true" size="8" padalign="8">
COLL: <struct name="Planes" offset="12" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
COLL: <struct name="Leaves" offset="20" visible="true" size="4" padalign="16">
COLL: <struct name="2D Nodes" offset="36" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
COLL: <struct name="Surfaces" offset="44" visible="true" size="8" padalign="8">
COLL: <struct name="Edges" offset="52" visible="true" size="12" padalign="12">
COLL: <struct name="Vertices" offset="60" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
LTMP: <struct name="Section Palette" offset="8" visible="true" size="1024" padalign="64">
PHMO: <struct name="Rigid Bodies" offset="56" visible="true" size="144" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Spheres (shape)" offset="72" visible="true" size="128" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Pills (shape)" offset="88" visible="true" size="80" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Boxes (shape)" offset="96" visible="true" size="144" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Polyhedra or Phmo parts" offset="112" visible="true" size="256" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="MOPPS" offset="168" visible="true" size="1" padalign="16">
PHMO: <struct name="Permutations" offset="4" visible="true" size="12" padalign="4">
PHMO: <struct name="Rigid Bodies" offset="4" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
PHMO: <struct name="Nodes" offset="200" visible="true" size="12" padalign="4">
PRT3: <struct name="Unknown139" offset="44" visible="true" size="4" padalign="4">
SBSP: <struct name="Planes" offset="8" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="BSP2D Nodes" offset="32" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="Collsion Model" offset="56" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="Vertices" offset="28" visible="true" size="12" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="Index Reorder Table" offset="168" visible="true" size="1" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="3D Nodes" offset="112" visible="true" size="8" padalign="8">
SBSP: <struct name="Planes" offset="120" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="BSP 2D Nodes" offset="144" visible="true" size="16" padalign="16">
SBSP: <struct name="Surfaces" offset="152" visible="true" size="8" padalign="8">
SBSP: <struct name="MOPP Code" offset="496" visible="true" size="1" padalign="16">
SCNR: <struct name="Script String Data" offset="432" visible="true" size="1" padalign="4">
SCNR: <struct name="Scenario Kill Triggers" offset="560" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Unknown" offset="44" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Unknown" offset="60" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Unknown" offset="76" visible="true" size="10" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Shader Effects" offset="84" visible="true" size="20" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Unknown" offset="116" visible="true" size="4" padalign="4">
SHAD: <struct name="Resources" offset="44" visible="true" size="8" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Levels Of Detail" offset="0" visible="true" size="10" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Layers" offset="8" visible="true" size="2" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Passes" offset="16" visible="true" size="10" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Implementations" offset="24" visible="true" size="6" padalign="4">
STEM: <struct name="Remappings" offset="32" visible="true" size="4" padalign="4">
VEHI: <struct name="Havok Vehicle Physics" offset="760" visible="true" size="672" padalign="16">
I'd recommend using the ones I posted here, and cross referencing them with the .cs ones I posted a long time ago. These will have the correct alignment intervals. The alignments I have in the cs ones are mostly correct but there are some that I either over padded or put padding where padding wasn't needed just to be safe. I've also made changes here and there in my own plugins recently after working on more bugs.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

So it looks like Entity 1.4 has team spawns in the bsp viewer. Unfortunately, Entity 1.4 chews up maps upon opening them in the bsp viewer.

Troy, any chance of a team spawn list in bsp viewer?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Error Loading delta_towers bsp 3.

Solved by sanity checking an indexer, line 527.

int nameIndex = temppalette2[tempshort];
                    if(nameIndex >= 0)
                        vs.TagPath = map.FileNames.Name[nameIndex];
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Spent several hours on a wild goose chase, because ME2 doesnt check that a reflexives isnt empty when getting info for indexers...
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

XZodia wrote:Spent several hours on a wild goose chase, because ME2 doesnt check that a reflexives isnt empty when getting info for indexers...
Been away for a week and now I need some sleep.
Are you having this issue in 2.1.23? I know I fixed the reflexives not/still showing when changing from a zero count to a non-zero count or vise-versa. Is this happening when clicking on an unused reflexive with "Show unused" checked?
XZodia wrote:Error Loading delta_towers bsp 3.

int nameIndex = temppalette2[tempshort];
                    if(nameIndex >= 0)
                        vs.TagPath = map.FileNames.Name[nameIndex];
Noted and added fix to source. Not sure if you were running the newest version, but I had recently added code to narrow down map loading issues (now showed "Error loading Lights" exception)
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

The reflexive thing is related to the chunk labels.
If a label references an indexer which references an empty reflexive, it crashes.

Yea, I remember something about Error loading lights, I think it was a similar fix, something along the lines of, if it doesnt work dont load it and move on with the rest of the loading =P
DoorM4n

Re: Entity 2.1.22 [SOLVED Most]

Post by DoorM4n »

My Entitys suddenly stopped working. Ive deleted the registry "Halo 2" and they work for the first open and then stop working. Any ideas on why?

Upon Opening Entity 2.1.13 and Entity 2.1.14
http://i.gyazo.com/801900c3b423e2ff7eeeeb7165b85cf3.png

Upon Opening Entity 2.1.15
http://i.gyazo.com/8abd2be90de60e634de3a9d4a5ba1f64.png

Even a fresh download doesn't work. Seems like registry might still be the error since I can open it once after deleting the registry. Upon closing and opening a second time, it gives me the errors above. Even when I go to settings after opening once and choose not to use registry in the settings, I get the error.

Any thoughts?

Entity 2.1.22 works fine.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Got it working finally.
Started digging through this thread and realized the quick tag was the issue.
http://remnantmods.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=725
-------------------------------------------------------------

Still having this problem though.
Also, why is a fresh gemini.map giving me this error when I open the BSP viewer in any Entity over 2.1.13 from what I have tested?

Im starting to think my "fresh" gemini aint fresh. I can load the Onyx map in the bsp viewer but none others. :-/
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Entity 2.1.22 [SOLVED Most]

Post by troymac1ure »

DoorM4n wrote:Also, why is a fresh gemini.map giving me this error when I open the BSP viewer?
http://i.gyazo.com/e236e32c8fddbe379cdfd76ede3a65e0.png
XZodia wrote:So apparently Entity can't view the 2nd sbsp in New Mombasa?
Appears to be a problem with reading a G8B8 bitmap...

This hack allowed it to load, with no visible problems:

if (offset > tempb.size) offset = tempb.size;
Glad to hear you got the old entity's working. The above is the reason that it throws an error. It has to do with:
[bitm] scenarios\bitmaps\water\water
For some reason it lists three mipmaps, but only has data for two. If you need a map to load in an older entity and you are getting this error, you could try setting Mipmap count to 2 in the meta data.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Thanks for the info. I changed the count to 2 from 4, and it still showed the problem. Ill keep playing with it I suppose.

Fixed sorta. I nulled the BSP shaders in the bsp tag and it worked. So it may have been the water shader, but Im not certain because I nulled everything.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

So I want the next release to unify the releases. I know alot of you use older versions of my Entity releases for different reasons, but I would like the newest to be the only needed one. What issues do you have that you don't in older releases (such as 2.1.15)?

So far:
  • * I know that map building was broken, but I reverted the code to 2.1.15.
    * Also, I removed the error check for the tag/ident in the SBSP tag which would pop up a warning box.
    * I have gone back to having the parsed box un-selected at startup as it causes many issues without perfect plugins (Meta viewing/editing, model extractions, etc).
EDIT:
Found this in the AI Squads BSP viewer loading for start positions:

map.BR.BaseStream.Position = tempr + 72;
should be:

map.BR.BaseStream.Position = tempr + (x * 116) + 72;
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

troymac1ure wrote:EDIT:

should be:

When I tried to fix it, there seemed to be a lot more wrong with it than that...
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Yeah, that was just a starting point. I've now added all the starting locations (which were also quite screwed). Now I'm adding saving support and then I'll see what's messing the maps up.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

troymac1ure wrote:So I want the next release to unify the releases. I know alot of you use older versions of my Entity releases for different reasons, but I would like the newest to be the only needed one. What issues do you have that you don't in older releases (such as 2.1.15)?

So far:
  • * I know that map building was broken, but I reverted the code to 2.1.15.
    * Also, I removed the error check for the tag/ident in the SBSP tag which would pop up a warning box.
    * I have gone back to having the parsed box un-selected at startup as it causes many issues without perfect plugins (Meta viewing/editing, model extractions, etc).
EDIT:

should be:

I don't use the new entity enough to really know all the differences. I can say that in Entity 2.1.14 the RTH feature is excellent in the ME2. In Entity 2.1.15, RTH was broken in the ME2. In the ME(1), the sync to xbox function doesnt work in either 2.1.15 or 2.1.14. Meta save and injection is great in Entity 2.1.14 and Entity 2.1.15. I havent really delved into that in the new Entity. I primarily use Entity 2.1.14. Entity 2.1.15 worked for sound injection--but I believe that also worked in Entity 2.1.14. Also, renaming really fucks up tags if you don't keep thje same length. I have a few tags in my map that went from 30characters to 5 or 10 characters.

Additional: The meta editor 1 just erased 15min of jmad edits after I saved, tested--and worked--and went back into the tag. :oops: Entity 2.1.14
Last edited by DoorM4n on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I would help with entity, but each time I've opened the source i'm struck by how much I hate the code. Would it be impossible to supplant the entire framework? Maybe not, but at that point you're better off writing a new program.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

DoorM4n wrote: I don't use the new entity enough to really know all the differences. I can say that in Entity 2.1.14 the RTH feature is excellent in the ME2. In Entity 2.1.15, RTH was broken in the ME2. In the ME(1), the sync to xbox function doesnt work in either 2.1.15 or 2.1.14. Meta save and injection is great in Entity 2.1.14 and Entity 2.1.15. I havent really delved into that in the new Entity. I primarily use Entity 2.1.14. Entity 2.1.15 worked for sound injection--but I believe that also worked in Entity 2.1.14. Also, renaming really fucks up tags if you don't keep thje same length. I have a few tags in my map that went from 30characters to 5 or 10 characters.

Additional: The meta editor 1 just erased 15min of jmad edits after I saved, tested--and worked--and went back into the tag. :oops: Entity 2.1.14
I highly recommend against using ME1 as it is there just for keep-sake. I don't work with it anymore.
Not sure why changing the tag names to a different length should mess anything up. I may try to look into this, but I'm going to put priority on more important issues first.
I remember RTH getting broken, I think I fixed it, but now that I have my xbox setup properly I will try to use it again and see if there are issues in the newest version.
After fixing the AI_Squads stuff, the BSP viewer should no longer screw the maps up either.

I just had another though for an add-on for ME2 as well. For object locations, etc it's annoying to change value, change reflexive, repeat 50+ times. I think it would be easy to add a right-click "change value in refelxives" option that opens a form with just that field, but a list from all reflexives. Then you can just go down the list and change each one and then save it. Thoughts? Would you find this useful?
JacksonCougar wrote:I would help with entity, but each time I've opened the source i'm struck by how much I hate the code. Would it be impossible to supplant the entire framework? Maybe not, but at that point you're better off writing a new program.
What areas do you usually try to delve into when you open the source? I assume you are looking at the newer source that was cleaned up by Prey. It does make it much easier to read now, but some areas are still gibberish to me. I've tried to comment stuff as I go along a bit, but I don't always understand what it's doing and I forget in my own code sometimes.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Really, any of it. I just hate having to interpret what the ever living fuck they were trying to do all the time. And the old source was much worse tis' true.

private void injectOBJToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (folderBrowserDialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.Cancel)
            {
                return;
            }

ParsedModel pm = new ParsedModel(ref map.SelectedMeta);
            Meta addme = pm.InjectModel(folderBrowserDialog.SelectedPath, map.SelectedMeta);
            addme.name += "(new)";
            addme.name = GetNameDialog.Show("Choose injection name", "Meta Name:", addme.name, "OK");

ArrayList oi = new ArrayList();
            oi.Add(addme);
            MapAnalyzer analyze = new MapAnalyzer();

MapLayout layout = analyze.ScanMapForLayOut(map, false);
            layout.ReadChunks(map);
            Builder build = new Builder();
            build.MapBuilder(oi, ref layout, map, false);

map = Map.Refresh(map);
            formFuncs.AddMetasToTreeView(map, treeView1, metaView, false);
            this.Enabled = true;
            MessageBox.Show("Done");
        }