Entity 2.1.24

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
xxpenguinxx

Re: Entity 2.1.19

Post by xxpenguinxx »

Damn you Troy, you just can't let me get over my addiction can you :XP:

I will definitely be testing this when I get home.
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Entity 2.1.20

Post by troymac1ure »

CaptainPoopface wrote:Hot sauce! I want to see the animated bitmap stuff. Can someone remind me how to get to the FTP server?
It comes through the auto-update as well, so if you have an old version, just run the check update option.
Can't access it here, but google returned this:
Google wrote:Halo 2 Misc. FTP. FTP Username: [email protected]; Password: y,Nk+,G/ur5i
Not sure if the password got cut off or not.
EDIT: Found another result. Looks like the full password.
xXF3RcHoXx wrote:Yay new entity, thanks a lot for taking the time to (still) work on it :D
Btw, just saying, the bsp viewer doesn't show all AI spawns, just a few ones
I may look into this. I never worked with Ai. Do you have an easy example I can check on?

xxpenguinxx wrote:Damn you Troy, you just can't let me get over my addiction can you :XP:
I will definitely be testing this when I get home.
If I can't get away, neither can you ;)
CaptainPoopface

Post by CaptainPoopface »

Can't get to FTP server: error 530 (authentication failed). Darn. Would like to pick up some old utilities as well.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

I just used it through Internet Explorer. Make sure that you aren't copying a space at the end of the password and going to ftp://ftp.remnantmods.com
supersniper

Post by supersniper »

Damn I wish entity worked for H2v :/
Would make modding so much simpler.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

supersniper wrote:Damn I wish entity worked for H2v :/
Would make modding so much simpler.
v2.1.15 had very basic H2V support added (requested by Kantanomo), but 2.1.16 was worked from an older version (2.1.14 I think), so the added support was removed. The source for the newest and 2.1.15 is available if you feel like modifying either to support H2V, although it is quite different.
supersniper

Post by supersniper »

Yeah, the tag structure is completely different. Also many header files have been changes. Basically I would need to compare side by side tags of xbox and vista. and notice a pattern and then make a converter.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

supersniper wrote:Yeah, the tag structure is completely different. Also many header files have been changes. Basically I would need to compare side by side tags of xbox and vista. and notice a pattern and then make a converter.
Majority of the tag layouts are the same with only a few values changed. See this.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Re: Entity 2.1.21

Post by troymac1ure »

New release of Entity out.
Version 2.1.21

2.1.21 Jun 22-2014

Code: Select all

+Fixed plugin updater to accept more generic FTP server return data
+Rewrite of ME2 code to fix originally 0 count reflexives not showing & similar related bugs
+Rewrite of ME2 code to speed up showing unused reflexives and sort methods
+Fixed bug in ME2 with BitMask32 overflow
+Fixed bug in ME2 that would open two tabs when a external reflexive link was double-clicked
+Fixed bug in ME2 always opens new tab, even if tab already exists
+In ME2, applied default Peek/Poke to "Value" (previously nothing was selected by default)
+Fixed bitmap bug: AY8 pads to 64 bytes (see "ui\hud\bitmaps\new_hud\default_arrow")
Last edited by troymac1ure on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

Looking good, I'll check it out later =)
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Let me know if you encounter any errors. There was quite a re-write that happened so something may have gotten missed.
BTW thanks for the suggestion CougarJackson, I decided to go with removing the TreeView as the main data storage.
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

Hey Troy, may I request a feature in entity?

I am looking to recursively rename tags and then save the .info file to build into maps. But I dont want to recursively rename tags that are unmodified so that I can efficiently use up the space in my modded map without adding unnecessarily duplicated files. How hard would it be to do that and is that something you can program?

And it would also be wonderful addition to be able to recursively duplicate and only the modified tags are relinked to the recursive duplication.

What are your thoughts?

**I have a feeling this map be harder than I think**

EDIT: Also, another reason I am interested in this is because I am having difficulties finding all of the changed values in some vehicles and I am trying to avoid having to manually rig every vehicle I use. Im looking for an easier method of moving vehicles back and forth between maps--minimizing map size increase and time it takes to get the vehicle fully operational in the map.

EDIT 2: Another quick question, why don't jmad settings transfer over b/w maps? just curious.
Remnant! We were the last stand.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Sounds difficult. You would need to do meta comparisons between a known base meta and the modified.
It would likely be easier to extract both base meta and modified meta and compare the meta outputs.
Can't remember exactly what this does, but it may be what you need:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1508

Also, the newer versions of entity will allow you to share meta data (as some tags already do). I never got around to adding support for meta sharing to mainmenu/shared, just internally on the map. Just right click on the tag reflexive and select (I can't remember, maybe:) Save external reflexive or something like that, then goto the other tag and select use external reflexive.

EDIT (here's a screenshot of what you can do):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1325&hilit=reflexi ... 775#p35965
CaptainPoopface

Sounds like you might be better off manually modifying the info file (or get handy with regular expression find and replace in Notepad++). Between that and the meta sharing technique, you can do a lot of mods without increasing map size much.

Troy's meta comparer is also incredibly handy for figuring out what the differences are in tags.

See Demonic's post about his jump hog for the complex instructions about linking the new tags in. I remember that was related to problems finding or injecting shared vehicle meta.

I'll try to find a good tutorial for regex in Notepad++, since it is very powerful.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Does this have a PMI?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

JacksonCougar wrote:Does this have a PMI?
No. I never had the code and wasn't sure what steps to test it. If you have the code still I could transfer it.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

I'll fork it and write the code in and you can merge the fork back in: how's that sound?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Um, I haven't updated GIT in a while because I can't remember how to use it. I think I need to push or poke some values or something. lol. The newest source is on the Misc FTP server if you want to add it there and update github or whatever. Next time I get on my Laptop I will try to remember how to update it.
CaptainPoopface

When you merge in Git, you have to resolve any conflicts in the code. You can choose to take all of JC's changes, as long as that won't break anything else.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

Updated Git to newest version last night.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I tried to push my plugins to your server troy but Entity appeared to freeze after analysing them?

Also, building appears to be broken in your latest release? (Or maybe I'm just screwing it up...)
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

You shouldn't need to rename the plugs at all, just drop them in and run the updater. I'll look into the plugins and see what happened.

As for the latest build I'll load it up in VC# and make sure it builds on my end. Any specific errors?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I'm also seeing some weird stuff in the meta editor, like negative chunk counts...

(AI Squads-Starting Locations, New Mombassa)

I compared against the version the doorman included in his weapons pack, and it works fine, so I guess something went wrong when you changed the why you store the data?
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

XZodia wrote:I'm also seeing some weird stuff in the meta editor, like negative chunk counts...

(AI Squads-Starting Locations, New Mombassa)

I compared against the version the doorman included in his weapons pack, and it works fine, so I guess something went wrong when you changed the why you store the data?
I assume you got it to build (or was that just using the release?).
I'll look into the negative chunk counts as well and see what is happening there.
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

No, I haven't successfully built anything with the newest version, but I have with the one doorman posted.