Yelo

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
XZodia
Staff

Yelo

Post by XZodia »

Yel-o (yell-oh) noun. blam engine hack project for all halo games of all platforms. syn. 1337

If you don't know how to use trainers, I suggest you check out http://www.xbox-scene.com or http://www.maxconsole.net for further information. Like always, I will not respond to questions already answered in this post and PMs requesting beta content will also be ignored. If you are experiencing problems with the trainer itself, fill out a bug report with a complete discription of what you were doing when it happened, otherwise I won't be able to help.

Along with the trainer, you must also transfer over the "config_v1.5.inc" file to "E:/TDATA/4D530064/". If you fail to do so the trainer will not function properly and immediately go into wireframe at the press of a button. Since I haven't gotten around to writing an editor for the trainer config file, if you would like to make your own changes, you can refer to the included "config_v1.5.txt" which maps out all values. Every combo and a few other options can be edited via the trainer config file. Feel free to share your edited config files in this topic. If it's good I will link it to the main page so others can download as well.

Note that some of the cinematic and lighting options are experimental so if you don't like them, don't use them :P

- This trainer will only work with the Xored ETM Launcher v2.2 (due to memory allocation issues) so be sure to download that before use.
- Please refer to Aequitas' UST post for all information regarding screencap recovery.
- If you are using a mac computer you will need to download a different deswizzler.
- You can grab source examples here and here.
- Grab the config editor here.
- Having trouble with UST? Try the alternative.
- For those of you that have been complaining about the 1.1 update, Download Snave's mainmenu mod at the bottom of this post[/url].

Configuration:
============

dpad-up = increase cam speed*
dpad-down = decrease cam speed*
dpad-left = decrease look speed*
dpad-right = increase look speed*
lthumb+rthumb = toggle timefreeze
lthumb+dpad-up = increase vertical look shift
lthumb+dpad-down = decrease vertical look shift
lthumb+dpad-left = increase horizontal look shift
lthumb+dpad-right = decrease horizontal look shift
lthumb+black = disable cinematic mode
lthumb+white = enable cinematic mode
lthumb+back = stillcam
rthumb+dpad-up = decrease camera depth
rthumb+dpad-down = increase camera depth
rthumb+dpad-left = increase fov
rthumb+dpad-right = decrease fov
rthumb+A = save camera state (shifts, fov, and depth)
rthumb+B = load camera state (shifts, fov, and depth)
rthumb+X = save gamestate
rthumb+Y = load gamestate
rthumb+back = cutscene camera
back+dpad-up = first person perspective
back+dpad-down = third person perspective
back+dpad-left = chasecam perspective
back+dpad-right = devcam perspective
black+dpad-up = increase z cam shift
black+dpad-down = decrease z cam shift
black+dpad-left = decrease y cam shift
black+dpad-right = increase y cam shift
white+dpad-down = auto hires grabber*
white+dpad-left = vidcap (10fps)
white+dpad-right = 360 degree shot*
white+back = screenshot
rtrigger = move up along z axis*
ltrigger = move down along z axis*
A+dpad-up = letterbox toggle
A+dpad-down = wireframe
A+dpad-left = hud toggle
A+dpad-right = ai toggle
A+black = decrease ambient light brightness
A+white = increase ambient light brightness
B+dpad-up = teleport to current camera coordinates
B+dpad-left = decrease gamespeed
B+dpad-right = increase gamespeed
X+dpad-up = secondary light vertical increase
X+dpad-down = secondary light vertical decrease
X+dpad-left = secondary light horizontal decrease
X+dpad-right = secondary light horizontal increase
X+black = decrease secondary light brightness
X+white = increase secondary light brightness
Y+dpad-up = primary light vertical increase
Y+dpad-down = primary light vertical decrease
Y+dpad-left = primary light horizontal decrease
Y+dpad-right = primary light horizontal increase
Y+black = decrease primary light brightness
Y+white = increase primary light brightness

* while in devcam

Checklist:
=========

-Have you read this entire post?
-Are you using the Xored v2.2 launcher with correct config settings?
-Did you transfer over the "config_v1.5.inc" to "E:/TDATA/4D530064/"?
-Did you disable the Autoupdate in your trainer options menu?
-Do you only have one controller plugged in, and is it in the first controller port?
-Do you have a semi-functional brain that posesses the knowledge required to run such a fine piece of software?

Credits:
========

Kornman00 - Halo junkie & co-author of this trainer
Bitterbanana - Camera god
Dootdoo - Assembly god & mentor
Acidflash - Xored ETM Launcher
ddh - XDKAssist
Khuong - Sexy *** +1000 respect
trepdimeflou - Uber beta tester & suggestion box extraordinaire
Rest of the halo community (Especially Tural :wink: ) :)

JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
kornman00

Re: Yelo

Post by kornman00 »

Update: Coming later this year, OpenSauce for Halo2_Xbox. Made in C++ (some x86 assembly required).

e: Heh, tomorrow is the 3 year anniversary of this thread. Totally a coincidence.
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Awesome :)
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

D'oh, fuck you Kornman and your ability to impress.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Start polishing up your MAX 08 custom maps gentlemen
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Cant wait to see what comes of this, i might come out of retirement.
Sorry i didnt release the last 3-4 maps i was working on i mostly finished them and was ready to release em, but during the move all my xbox stuff was purged, even my old pc :( i have retained some apps, and older maps from one hdd that survived.
But i really have to start from scratch if i decide to come back.

Anyways max points to you Korny for still putting in the time and effort to complete halo modding.
By next year i bet you, with some help from some other diehards around here will solve custom sbsp.

@ bumlove: Cant wait to see your next endevor either.

PS. anyone have a decent xbox for sale, modded or not.
kornman00

Post by kornman00 »

I'll ask a friend of mine if he wants to sell one of his devkits (which he got for free, so I don't see him charging an arm and a leg)
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

kornman00 wrote:I'll ask a friend of mine if he wants to sell one of his devkits (which he got for free, so I don't see him charging an arm and a leg)
Some food for thought, if you supply a glitchable retail console and the money for a cpld, I can glitch it and turn it into a full devkit running a hacked kernel. So what you will end up with is a console that is more powerful than any console with a hacked retail kernel or a real devkit.
Don't snort the magic, we need it for the network.
Click16

Post by Click16 »

Some food for thought, if you supply a glitchable retail console and the money for a cpld, I can glitch it and turn it into a full devkit running a hacked kernel. So what you will end up with is a console that is more powerful than any console with a hacked retail kernel or a real devkit.[/quote]

What do you mean glitchable? also whats cpld?
XZodia
Staff

Post by XZodia »

I don't see how that can be true, since debug kits have more memory...
JacksonCougar wrote:I find you usually have great ideas.
JacksonCougar wrote:Ah fuck. Why must you always be right? Why.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

XZodia wrote:I don't see how that can be true, since debug kits have more memory...
I was actually referring to xbox 360, forgot he would have been talking about xbox 1.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

So there's a 'softmod' for 360's now? I don't have a 360 so I'm pretty clueless on the hacking status of them.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

OwnZ joO wrote:So there's a 'softmod' for 360's now? I don't have a 360 so I'm pretty clueless on the hacking status of them.
No it requires a CPLD and some annoying 6-8 wire install. There will never be a soft mod on 360, or in the future possibly any console. Those days for xbox are long gone, and could pretty soon be gone for every other console too.
kornman00

Post by kornman00 »

I have a couple 360 kits already. I also think most of my retail kits are updated past any glitchable versions. How much does a CPLD mod cost?
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

kornman00 wrote:I have a couple 360 kits already. I also think most of my retail kits are updated past any glitchable versions. How much does a CPLD mod cost?
About $20ish
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

Grimdoomer wrote:
OwnZ joO wrote:So there's a 'softmod' for 360's now? I don't have a 360 so I'm pretty clueless on the hacking status of them.
Those days for xbox are long gone, and could pretty soon be gone for every other console too.
Microsoft definitely learned a lot of lessons from xbox 1, which actually had pretty decent security too, but Sony's security sucks balls, and they don't fix it even when security researchers let them know. I imagine Nintendo is not much better and pretty much every phone/tablet/computer operating system has a root privilege escalation exploit at some point. I don't see that changing across the board very soon, but I could be wrong.
Grimdoomer
Admin

Post by Grimdoomer »

OwnZ joO wrote:
Grimdoomer wrote:
Those days for xbox are long gone, and could pretty soon be gone for every other console too.
Microsoft definitely learned a lot of lessons from xbox 1, which actually had pretty decent security too, but Sony's security sucks balls, and they don't fix it even when security researchers let them know. I imagine Nintendo is not much better and pretty much every phone/tablet/computer operating system has a root privilege escalation exploit at some point. I don't see that changing across the board very soon, but I could be wrong.
I was referring to only video game consoles. PS3 was all hardware, it has a hypervisor remember. Nintendo also had a pretty bad exploit in a pretty embarrassing place, but I'm pretty sure that also required hardware to do. In either case if the companies try to not make the same mistakes this time, should there be an exploit it most certainly will not be a softmod. Each console is beginning to get a back bone system to prevent software based attacks, plus most portable files or files that can be extracted by hackers are in most cases signed with public/private key crypto and encrypted with a fairly secure algorithm. The days of using hacked gamesaves, or magic boot disks are pretty much gone as this generation of gaming consoles fades out.
troymac1ure
Keeper of Entity

Post by troymac1ure »

The Wii hack was software based. Did it on my wife's ages ago, although I know they came out with a dash update that would remove the hack. Not sure if the new dash update was hackable or if they fixed their backdoors.