Neodos's Debug Pack For RTH

A wealth of applications with which you will need to mod Halo 2.
Ogrish

Re: Neodos's Debug Pack For RTH

Post by Ogrish »

http://rapidshare.com/files/416553974/R ... e_Halo.rar
I was not worried about legal issues
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

hey thanks alot Ogrish! however i tried doing this and still cant get it to run. it gets to the screen where it says loading ind_bios then stays at black screen. Any suggestions?

Edit: okay i got it working on my 1.6 xbox. when i click the XIG image grabbber.xbe, it takes me to my unleashx dash again. i set up my ip in the settings menu and booted halo 2 from there. i then tried to open a few programs to try to connect but cannot. Oh and my computer keeps sayin there's an ip conflict. could that be the problem?
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

You have to make sure the ip you set up for the remote dashboard is different then your xbox.

After the dash loads theres some options you need to set up, like what ip.
after that choose to load the remote dash.
launch game.
Now after halo2 loads, open an app with RTH and set the ip for that app to poke, (Default dash ip).

Then test it out.

Sorry this is so vague its been along time sence i did this.
fuzzman

Post by fuzzman »

okay so is it sposed to load its own xdk dashboard or my unleashx one?

EDIT: Holy crap i got it working. yessss
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

most of the RTH apps wont work for me, so i make changes in entity, then poke with miniRTH.

glad you got it working.
xiao32

Post by xiao32 »

Error 13 (Dashboard cannot be loaded) using this :(

Copied the contents of Debug_C to C, the contents of Debug_E to E, then the Debug_Mode_Bios_Loader to E\Apps. Loaded the bios loader, and it showed Error 13 and a list of wat code is wat.
neodos

Post by neodos »

http://wiki-scene.com/Error_Codes_%28Xbox%29
Error 13
Dashboard launch failure
The hard drive appears functional but the dashboard is not. 99% of the time this is caused by the XBE file being non-existant
Make sure you also have the original xbox dashboard files.
Whitehalo3

Post by Whitehalo3 »

I am having trouble trying to do rth. I downloaded everything, I have a softmodded xbox, I have gone into effects editor and I can poke meta and every thing works fine. But the Standalone RTH wont connect. Whenever I connect it to entity it says it is connected but syncing it does nothing. What am I doing wrong?
NotZachary82

Post by NotZachary82 »

I'd like to believe that's Entity's fault, nothing on your part. If I remember correctly, some versions (or maybe all but one?) have issues with poking values. Fuck, it's been so long I'm almost totally helpless in this section.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Entitys RTHhas poked holes in my maps, so i dont use it, for RTH.

Stand alone RTH wont work for me either.

I use miniRTH to connect to my debug dash, and make changes in the map file with Entity, then poke that tag with mini RTH.
This App isnt the best by far, but its the only RTH that works for me other then onyx.

It would be nice is the creator of the App improved it an officially released it, but that will never happen, sence he never
released it anyways, it got stolen and distrubuted with out his consent.

But it works fine after setting up debug with neodos pack, or XIG
JacksonCougar
Huurcat

Post by JacksonCougar »

Contribute had Real-time Halo, and I believe it worked... mostly?
looknbarrel

Post by looknbarrel »

Sorry to continue on this already exercised topic but I can't get this to work. I copied the contents of debug_c to the root of C, the contents of debug_e to the root of E, and the debug loader folder to E:\apps\. I have also tried copying this to the root of E. I get error 13 every time. I am familiar with the error but I don't understand why this isn't working. I do have all the STOCK dash files in C and I made sure of it by copying the stock files from my XboxHDM folder. Here are my directories:

C:
\Audio (33mb)
\fonts (32mb)
\xboxdashdata.185ead00 (41.2mb)
\xodash (32.5mb)
\XBox Book.xtf (16.2mb)
\Xbox.xtf (14.8mb)
\xboxdash.xbe (1.87mb)
\data (14 KB from debug_c)
\images (3.59mb from debug_c)
\media (22.7mb from debug_c)
\sounds (125 KB from debug_c)
\xshell.xbe (1.74mb from debug_c)

E:
\DEVKIT (5.84mb from debug_e)
\dashboard.xbx (1 KB from debug_e)
\xbdm.dll (221 KB from debug_e)
\xbdm.dll_old (392 KB from debug_e)
\Apps\Debug mode bios loader\boot.cfg(2 KB), default.xbe(22 KB), and Xbios(1,024 KB)

Here is what else I have in E just in case it's important:
\backups\Cdrive
\backups\eeprom
\CACHE
\Dashboard(unleashx that was installed with the softmod)
\Emulators
\Games
\Music
\TDATA
\UDATA
\Videos

Am I supposed to replaces the Xbios bin file that came in the Debug mode bios loader folder with one that I acquired on my own? Should I try renaming xbdm.dll_old to xbdm.dll to put it to use instead of the current one? Back when I use to mod Halo 2 actively and it consumed a huge part of day, there was always talk of editing the game in real time but it was just wishful thinking, and now that I see it's possible with a debug xbox, I want to give it a shot. It's nice to see that people are keeping the scene going. Good job guys. I appreciate it. Thanks.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Hey no prob, glad to see someone intrested in modding =)

First off, this doesn't work with xbox version 1.6 or 1.6b, also I am pretty sure it can't work with softmoded xbox either.

From your files on C:\ it looks like you're using a softmod :(

If I am wrong about that then:

I use to have the debug loader on E:\ I am not sure if that's the problem you have.

What happens when you try to start he bios loader from E:\Apps ?

Yes you can try another bios though it has to be a modified called if I recall correctly BMF (boot from media), you can also try using the old debug dll.

You need to have the original dash files, though the dash that supports xbox live, becarefull what files you replace.
looknbarrel

Post by looknbarrel »

I have a v1.1 Ob xbox so I know that's not the problem but it is softmodded so if you're correct then I guess I'm just out of luck on this one. I tried loading the debug bios mode launcher straight from E:\ and it did the same thing: error 13. I might just get a mod chip depending on how cheap they are now but I would preferably like to get this working with a softmod. Thanks for your help though.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I have used a softmodded v1.6 for rth 8-) I think I set it up using XDI, but I had to tweak some shit on my own too if I remember right.
looknbarrel

Post by looknbarrel »

OwnZ joO wrote:I have used a softmodded v1.6 for rth 8-) I think I set it up using XDI, but I had to tweak some shit on my own too if I remember right.
Man, I read about xbox debug installer on xbox-scene and I searched and searched for a download but couldn't find it. I checked xbins and couldn't find it and I even did a search. By any chance do you still have XDI on your drive lingering in some long lost folder?
xxpenguinxx

Post by xxpenguinxx »

I have it backed up in multiple places. Here's a link:
Debug Installer
DemonicSandwich wrote:See that? You see that how it is highlighted down here but it's not highlighted right there? Ah, I guess that's what I get for pirating it.
In Soviet Russia, DS touches you. Say it again and I'll do more than touch. ~DS -Oh baby
A cat was licking itself to the sound of potato chips.
looknbarrel

Post by looknbarrel »

I just got it working with the files posted here. The problem was the softmod auto installer I used to softmod my xbox. I believe I used Krayzies. I completely restored my xbox to factory and softmodded using SID v2.0 which can be found here https://access.win-serv.net/xbox-files/ ... egory&id=9. Then I just copied the files like the directions say and it launched the XDK dash perfectly fine. Thanks for the files and help though. Hopefully this can help others out as well.
OwnZ joO

Post by OwnZ joO »

I have Ndure by krayzie too. I do remember it was a bitch to get working though, so I see why everyone thinks it's softmodding that is what wont work.
neodos

Post by neodos »

Well that's good news then, it was simply because most the softmods already load a BMF bios which for most of these type of bios can't handle reloading a different bios again.
Ogrish

Post by Ogrish »

Damn thats it, ive been trying to remember how i got it to work with my softmod, i forgot i had to use the slayers disk and dashboard with my softmod for rth to work.
bumlove

Post by bumlove »

Just thought I'd make everyone laugh, I tried to get it working again on my soft mod xb1.0 it has worked in the past, it recently thought it was Chinese or Japanese, I can't determine which far eastern language it is vertically rolling up my tv
Anyway a shit story short, I've Bricked it again Oh well the reinstall should sort it
*Edit*
Debricked (thankfully I'm anal when it comes to rescue *.img's)
I still can't get the bleeder to stop rolling once I get to the XDK dash? is there a XML file I can look at to see if a "friend" thought it would be funny to change some settings
softmodded XB1.0 Ndure 3.1 via xbhdm 1.9
weirdly it works on my 2nd xbox which is the same except V.1.1
DoorM4n

Post by DoorM4n »

You know, back when I modded and RLH existed, I tried for days to get XDI to work. I never had success for some reason. I don't have my modded box right now, but I want to get RTH to work again. I'm looking to take all the information spoken about here and apply it to my process when I get my xbox. Much love, and thanks for the pack neodos. :)
Remnant! We were the last stand.
neodos

Post by neodos »

I am glad if it helps ;D
sabu

Post by sabu »

Hello. Sorry for raising this thread from the past, it doesn't seem to be too long ago from the last post, I just figured I would continue discussing here, rather than starting another topic inside the Halo Discussion Forum.

I've been reading a lot of the posts in this thread and I still seem to cant figure it out yet. I'm using the files that are posted here and transferring them to their correct locations but these are the problems I'm experiencing:

- XDK loads when I click on XBE from the Softmodded Dashboard after Filesearching the XBE.
- XDK only displayed "Microsoft Dashboard" inside the list of things I can execute.
- Upon clicking on the "Microsoft Dashboard" from the XDK, I'm only prompted with a freeze and the logo to Microsoft Xbox.
- I'm displayed a Debugged IP which happens to be different than the IP I use to FTP to my Xbox, still cant obtain a Connection.

I read earlier in Neados post regarding an issue another user had with using it and Neados said that I see one of your problems is that you have a Softmodded Xbox? Am I not supposed to be running a Softmodded Xbox in order to use the XDK Features? Also about the version of the Xbox... I don't know how to tell what version the Xbox might be but if it helps, when I'm in the Halo 2 Mainmenu, I'm displayed the numbers 1.1 at the bottom right?
☆ Click my signature to navigate back to Remnantmods Board index. Made by sabu. ☆